Statement by Jesse Tobias about Kristeen Young and Tony Visconti Facebook comments - true-to-you.net

Jesse Tobias statement - true-to-you.net

13 June 2014

It's been quite Disheartening to see the "Facebook" Hatred thrown about by Our Former Friends/ Working Partners Kristeen Young and Tony Visconti.
I do feel that Someone needs to Speak Up for Moz in this situation as it is unbearable to watch people you once trusted , Attack and Pick Away at your Friend.
In my experience ANYONE associated with the Morrissey Camp know they are solely there because of Morrissey himself.
He chooses to tour/ work with certain people.
For Kristeen and Tony Visconti to go on about Her being better off now, without considering Morrissey's 9 years of help and promotion is Very Disappointing.
Only speaking from my experience, with the crew and Moz falling ill in Miami, for Kristeen to deny she was truly sick seems disingenuous.
I was told after the show in Miami by Crew and Security that there was some concern because Kristeen was obviously unwell.
Our crew then tried to keep her at a reasonable distance but being in such close quarters for months these things sometimes happen.
I am Upset that in this situation Kristeen could not take the tour as a whole into consideration and just comply with the postponement announcement.
One could only assume it was necessary for her to justify herself and ultimately receive some promotion out of the matter.
This combined with Tony Visconti's Parrot Like affirmation on "Facebook" that "she is better off, is Morrissey Capable of being handled?" is Repulsive.
This is a MAN who worked closely with us on a record and several sessions that Suddenly flips into Schoolgirl mode with "yeah you tell em" Chatter...??

Good Riddance to False Friends.

Jesse Tobias

Media:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Statement by Jesse Tobias about Kristeen Young and Tony Visconti Facebook comments - tr

Kristeen can hopefully hook up with Dave Grohl and tour the world.

If you think Morrissey fans were tough on her, just wait until the Foo Fighters crowed of rocker goons gets a taste of her, half way through her set she'll be covered in hurled beer and gobs of spit.

I wouldn't mind seeing that, but I don't think she'll be opening for them, no matter how much Visconti tries to make it happen.

Re: Article: Statement by Jesse Tobias about Kristeen Young and Tony Visconti Facebook comments - tr

This is crazy talk. Supporting Morrissey has been basically her whole career for however long it is now. By far her most significant source of income and exposure. There's no way she'd kamikaze it in order to get herself mentioned in a story guaranteed to be read by no-one who hadn't already heard of her in the online version of The Guardian. Whatever happened, it is not what you are suggesting, because it would make for the stupidest Machiavellian plot-fail in history. She's putting on a brave face, but right now "Yay!" is not entering into her mind. It must surely be on a loop of "Shit, shit, shit, f***, shit, f*** f***".

she thinks she's covered cuz she has dave grohl now.

Everyone - even his most passionate supports - know that despite his musical/lyrical genius, Morrissey as a human being is a bit of a dick. The guy's history speaks for itself.

Most people on the Moz gravy train (ie crew, other band members) will do anything to suck up to him, accept any lie in the press, just to keep him happy.
I think having been on the support slot for the past decade, KY knows that she's got all the exposure out of Morrissey she's ever going to get. He's NEVER going to propel her into the big time. And now that Visconti has been ditched in favour of another producer, he's got no reason to bite his tongue either.

I think they've just had enough of his bullshit.

they've had enough now that it doesn't look like there is going to be any big pay day via moz.

If you think Morrissey fans were tough on her, just wait until the Foo Fighters crowed of rocker goons gets a taste of her, half way through her set she'll be covered in hurled beer and gobs of spit.

I wouldn't mind seeing that, but I don't think she'll be opening for them, no matter how much Visconti tries to make it happen.

he's trying to get her a television appearance.

As a fan of both Moz and the Foo's, I can say I held back and showed polite restraint whilst being assaulted by KYs 'music'. Even when I agreed with a heckler that "nobody here likes you" (LOL) I showed no sign of my approval.

Now if I was in the crowd with FF fans.....:D

No way. This is far too entertaining.

I pray that Morrissey knows enough to keep mum permanently on this whole, humiliating side show. I pray that he does not allow emotions, or his remaining "friends," to misguide him. ANY response is utterly beneath him and would tarnish his legacy. He needs to explain nothing.

However, Visconti's statements have been just terrible. Especially since a little more than a year ago he was telling Rolling Stone how he went to see Morrissey in concert and really wanted to produce his next album. That's the most disappointing part of this all. Young is a talentless hanger on, Morrissey is extremely talented, but somewhat unreliable individual, but I expected more of Visconti.

Who knows what the actual truth is.

I'm not sure what Visconti has said that's so offensive. That Morrissey shouldn't exist on a diet of chips, pizza and alchohol? Don't we all wan't Moz to look after his health a bit more?

Fame, fame, fatal fame, it can play hideous tricks on the brain - or in her case the pursuit of fame. Beware of what you want.

I wonder if we will ever find out the truth. He obviously wasn't too sick to fly 6 hours back to England. He's in hiding and he knows the uproar he's caused.

No wonder Morrissey was being driven to those tour dates in a separate vehicle and not travelling with the band. A diet of chips, pizza and booze is going to give you really foul wind.

No wonder Morrissey was being driven to those tour dates in a separate vehicle and not travelling with the band. A diet of chips, pizza and booze is going to give you really foul wind.

I heard he gave up dairy. How the hell would Viscunti know what Moz is currently eating?

Old Tosserrey is on his last leg and hopefully will expire before the end of the year.

What kind of asshat goes to a Morrissey fan forum to hope for his career to end? Don't you have anything better to do? I don't like Justin Bieber, for example, but I'm not going to go to one of his fan sites to troll.

Kristeen can hopefully latch on and leech off of Dave Grohl and tour the world.

Fixed that for you.

I believe Kristeen. She said she wasn't sick before all of this happened. That it was allergies. I think it just one big misunderstanding that the crew thought she was sick, but really wasnt. And Moz got infected by a stage invader or an unsanitized surface maybe!. Moz blaming Kristeen on getting the whole crew sick is really childish. It could have come from anywhere. This is all ridiculous..

Also i think its pretty funny that the commercial on here is Iams. the number one ingrediant is MEAT ..

No, that's not true. It's likely to give you acid indigestion/heartburn, sloppy poo and probably anemia. You would be generally malnourished and it's fair to say that some sort of link could be made between this type of diet, if it persists over a long period of time, and various digestive conditions, including barrett's oesophagus.

Jesse uses capital letters about as well as he uses his guitar. He needs some lessons for sure!

I hope everyone on the thread realizes that Jesse's capitalization style has a long history in written English.

http://ask.metafilter.com/29691/What-is-the-History-of-English-Capitalization

If this is part of how he expresses individuality in an inherently impersonal medium (digital typing), then so be it... I respect his creativity and his regard for the past.

tv: "I was just pointing out what an act of desperation this 'well-meaning' statement from this person looks like. He's got the facts wrong, he's quoted me out of context and worst of all he called me his ex-friend. I was never his friend. Since he is not an imbecile I can safely assume he's lying. That doesn't make him or his boss look good at all."

"This person"? how strange...

Visconti seems like a real ass.

SCENE INT: A DIMLY LIT HOSPITAL WARD. A PATIENT IN HIS MID 50's LIES IN A BED UNDER A HEAP OF BLANKETS. TO HIS LEFT, ON THE DRESSER, A BOTTLE OF TIZER AND 'THE COMPLETE WORKS OF OSCAR WILDE".

A YOUNG MAN ENTERS THE ROOM …

YOUNG MAN (A LACKEY AT HARVEST REORDS).

"Ah, um, Morr … Mr. Morrissey, is this is a good time to ask you to sign those copies of 'Autobiography' for our bundle promotion … and how are you feeling?

MORRISSEY (IN A TIZER INDUCED SUGAR RUSH)

"You don't think I'll make it, I never said I wanted to, well did I?"

LACKEY: "Oh no, we want you to make it of course, and two of your biggest fans are waiting outside - one of them, the woman, is dressed like a balloon, and the man, her father I think, is wearing a T Rex T shirt - I know you are a fan too … of course everyone wants you to make it. We all love you dearly."

MORRISSEY:

"Don't rake up my mistakes, I know exactly what they are".

tv: "I was just pointing out what an act of desperation this 'well-meaning' statement from this person looks like. He's got the facts wrong, he's quoted me out of context and worst of all he called me his ex-friend. I was never his friend. Since he is not an imbecile I can safely assume he's lying. That doesn't make him or his boss look good at all."

"This person"? how strange...

Visconti seems like a real ass.

I have to agree. What celebrity would ever let TV into their inner circle now? If this is how he reacts to what seems to be a misunderstanding that got out of hand, how much damage could he do in other situations? The PR around this tour cancellation is a critical moment in Morrissey's remaining years as a public performer ... and TV has tainted it with some questionable, highly visible, and obviously malicious statements. Libel anyone?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom