Steve Lillywhite mentions Morrissey in ASCAP expo talk - hollywoodreporter.com

white-bear-bullshit1.jpg

He's on a stage giving a talk, he wanted to get a laugh. Not buying it.

:D

I'd believe that. Anyone who knows a fella with a Serious Quiff knows that nothing happens until the hair happens. If that fella is a musician, it's even worse. If that fella is Morrissey, all bets are off.

funa.gif
Classic!

Attachments

• funa.gif
    funa.gif
    12.7 KB · Views: 41
I know a bloke who is roadie and he knows other roadies, anyway its common roadie gossip that Morrissey cancels gigs at the eleventh hour if he so much as sneezes, smells-meat/lady-month-time or the venue has poor ticket sales and will look empty ! They also say he's ruthless with explanations like saying a family member is ill or the bass player has snapped his spine or the whole band is ill and he wishes them well. Morrissey ! Whats he like eh ? Proper fearless and ruthless.

we'll let you know

No way! My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Morrissey pass out at 31 Flavors one night before a show. I guess it was pretty serious.

No way! My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Morrissey pass out at 31 Flavors one night before a show. I guess it was pretty serious.

Mint chip mmmmmmm. :yum:

Would Moz really blow someone off because he didn't like the person's hair? That's not "fearless"; it's insane. I'd like to hear Mozzer's side of the story instead of just believing the gossip. Moz says he plays easy to get anyway.

Sounds perfectly legit and in keeping with Morrissey to me. All the way back to the Smiths there are stories of Morrissey blowing people out, disappearing or refusing to answer the door for ridiculous reasons.

Morrissey and managers is Always been a problem well if it's bad hair.

When his Viva Hate album charted nmbr 1 as just left the Smiths, and his first solo labum, just a year after
Strangeways, Morrissey had a female mnaager, she got loads of askings for PR , TV/Radio shows, let's say everyone wanted Morrissey .....and Morrissey, ....yes like this, ...disapeared for some time

:straightface:

If this is around Vauxhall era then it might be true. Moz was suppose to do a couple of shows in the US in 1994...one in LA (@ the Grand Olympic Auditorium) that KROQ heavily promoted. It was cancelled a week or two before the show was to take place. DJ Richard Blade relayed a couple of stories on the air about how his management couldn't find him. If I remember correctly, there was also a "design the sleeve for Morrissey's next single" contest tide to the promo of this show. Winners got to meet Morrissey. This was in the heyday when KROQ had "The More You Ignore Me" on heavy rotation.

Oh my God, I remember this too! I think Richard Blade said something like "I think Morrissey's career is over" not sure of the verbatim but he wasnt happy with Morrissey at that time. Around that same time, Moz was scheduled to arrive at the airport in los Angeles I think, and a bunch of fans have been waiting for hours to see him but he didnt show and I heard and interview with one of the fans that they were so disppointed and felt stupid because everyone was staring at them and wondering why they were standing around the airport holding flowers.

Album: Vauxhall and I
Prospective Manager: Freddy DeMann (Madonna)

Oh my God, I remember this too! I think Richard Blade said something like "I think Morrissey's career is over" not sure of the verbatim but he wasnt happy with Morrissey at that time. Around that same time, Moz was scheduled to arrive at the airport in los Angeles I think, and a bunch of fans have been waiting for hours to see him but he didnt show and I heard and interview with one of the fans that they were so disppointed and felt stupid because everyone was staring at them and wondering why they were standing around the airport holding flowers.

Richard Blade is a useless piece of shit that you can't scrape off the bottom of your shoe. He fawns over Morrissey one day, acting as if they are friends, then mocks him the next day. He also recycles interviews with Morrissey, splicing in questions to make it sound like a new interview. I listen to first wave all day at work, mostly in hopes of hearing Morrissey or the Smiths, which means I have to endure that duplicitous twat.

If this is around Vauxhall era then it might be true. Moz was suppose to do a couple of shows in the US in 1994...one in LA (@ the Grand Olympic Auditorium) that KROQ heavily promoted. It was cancelled a week or two before the show was to take place. DJ Richard Blade relayed a couple of stories on the air about how his management couldn't find him. If I remember correctly, there was also a "design the sleeve for Morrissey's next single" contest tide to the promo of this show. Winners got to meet Morrissey. This was in the heyday when KROQ had "The More You Ignore Me" on heavy rotation.

I remember that tour as well. In fact I won tickets from KROCK for a concert in New York. I was on vacation in Florida and had planned to go back to NY just in time for Morrissey. Sadly the concert was cancelled but thank goodness I found out in enough time to change my return flight and extend my vacation. Instead of the concert - the radio station sent me a promo cd and a bumper sticker.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom