tell us about the last Film you saw

Saw the remake of Nightmare on Elm St yesterday, surprisingly pretty well made and entertaining enough.

have you watched the tv series before? -it is million times better than the film(s)-i was disapointed by the film but like the tv series:...funny , quick, entertaining...(minus the clothes gucci manolo talk which i couldnt care less its a great tv series

I've watched the tv series, one of the best shows ever. The show is much more witty and entertaining. But I like the movies too.

just watched
mr_nobody.jpg

and I thought it was awesome, now admittedly I am still rolling from the mdma I took like 8 hours ago :crazy:
so I may have to watch it again when I am sober :o

Shrek forever after. Worth watching even if it's just for Donkey's nod to Pat, and the happy ending after Shrek's silly midlife crisis :rolleyes: (Ogres=Very immature.)

The nod to Lionel made me want to youtube that unbearably cheesy song.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_ILDFp5DGA

Last edited:
They should show those Hammer horror films at 2 in the morning again.How I used to tremble under the duvet after watching them in bed.

Thats what I was doing mum...trembling.

Beach Guard in Wintertime (dir: Goran Paskaljevic, 1977)

NFT is hosting the first major retrospective of Selbian director Paskaljevic this month.
The first Yugoslavian film I saw was Solobodan Sijan's 'Who Sings Over There?' in 1982, since then I'm intrigued by them, Kustrica is one of my favourite filmmakers. However, I didn't know about Paskaljevic until I got a booklet in May.

Tarkovsky was a fan of this film, he used to show the opening scenes to his students. Paskaljevic was very fortunate to team up with writer Gordan Mihic who is an excellent story teller.

It's a trage-comedy of a naive young man Dragan who is fed up with his parents' compromises who discovers that life and love are not as simple as he thought.
Ifran Mensur who plays Dragan reminded me of Jake Gyllenhaal (yes, he's very cute!). The protagonist and his father's relationship also resembles Kustrica's debut 'Do You Remember Dolly Bell?'.
Paskaljevic's step father worked at Belgrade Film Library, he got into films in his formative years and graduated from Czech film school FAMU where produced many great filmmakers in the last century (Kustrica is one of them).
It is one of the best debut features in late 1970s.

I've watched his follow-up 'The Dog Who Loved The Trains' last night, will write about it later.

Last edited:
Toy Story 3D.

My first 3D experience (actually thats a lie I saw Jaws 3D back in 1984)
My first 3D experience this century!

Thoroughly entertaining, very humourous and a bit sad. In the right places. Didn't notice the 3D gimmickry to be honest but the story went along at a fair few knots.

Well worth waiting 11 years for. If you've got kids definitely see it. If you haven't go anyway. Great fun. (Barry Norman I am not!)

200px-Adventurelandposter.jpg

I saw the very excellent Adventureland last night. Jesse Eisenberg, Kristen Stewart and Ryan Reynolds star in this tender, intimate romantic comedy. It's written and directed by Greg Mottola, he also directed Superbad - but don't let that put you off, because this is so much better. Set in 1987, it tells the story of James, whose plans to go to New York fall to pieces. He ends up having to take the worst and only job he can get at the local fairground. Despite this, he finds good friends and falls in love for the first time. There's some great performances and the cast are absolutely on 'the money' throughout, but it's the observations that stand out the most for me, and this is all down to superb direction from Mottola. If you like sentimentality that doesn't get sickeningly sweet, then this comes highly recommended. Just wonderful!

YIR.jpg

I watched Youth in Revolt a couple of nights ago. Realistically over-written but tremendously funny, I was intrigued by the bi-polar themes. :p It offered tons of symbollic stuff to but ignore that and just watch it for it's entertainment value.

Footloose...actually disappointed by the film, I thought it could have been better

Last edited by a moderator:
baader_meinhof_final325.jpg

The Baader-Meinhof Complex - about Andreas Baader and Ulrike Meinhof and their group.

" Outpost" .....well it was only £2 from ASDA....
Synopsis....

a Crack team of (Crappy British No-Mark Very badly acted actually) soldiers are despatched to a remote location, where they discover a sort of "Nazi Zombie making Device" from WWII. (...as you do....).
they eventually all get slain by Nazi zombies, who have survived for all this time , by lying in a dank bunker....Then sudddenly and ( Not very) shockingly...Re animating....and poncing around in the dark cellar ( as...they are Wont to do,. berloody Zombies....)
Complete and UTTER WANK....I want my fooking 2 quid back.......

" Outpost" .....well it was only £2 from ASDA....
Synopsis....

a Crack team of (Crappy British No-Mark Very badly acted actually) soldiers are despatched to a remote location, where they discover a sort of "Nazi Zombie making Device" from WWII. (...as you do....).
they eventually all get slain by Nazi zombies, who have survived for all this time , by lying in a dank bunker....Then sudddenly and ( Not very) shockingly...Re animating....and poncing around in the dark cellar ( as...they are Wont to do,. berloody Zombies....)
Complete and UTTER WANK....I want my fooking 2 quid back.......

^^ sounds like a splendid film! I'll buy it from you:squiffy:

Nightingale, PM me your address again, and it will be in the post tomorrow....FREE!!!...Just be careful what you wish for.....It really is Rubbish!!!!

I was kidding, so i might have deliberately forgotten my address:rolleyes: in this case... i'm trusting it's not so bad it's good? it's just sooooo bad!;)

PS: don't you go searching old emails for my address - if that arrives on my doorstep - i'll be posting it back with 'The Black Dahlia' (worst film EVER in my opinion).

...I haven't deliberately forgotten your address, honest....I just can't find it at the moment!!...The house is going all "Ballistic" This week.....( Electric stuff mis-firing, TV screwed, Iron blowing out Brown Gunk, instead of steam....the usual....and the Dog has been puking everywhere...)...and itsraining like a be-atch....!!!
I will therefore not taint your mailbox any further with such "Gubbins"....It REALLY is not worth the effort of actually keeping the eyelids open, and watching anyway.....I am going to just put it in a bag, throw it in a lake,and put it out of it's misery instead...its the kindest thing......
Strangely enough, I was back in ASDA today, and they had "Apocalypse Now" for £2.00....( which I have NEVER saw...)....Bugger!!!
...I bet it's well been sold tomorrow, when I can get back there.......

the whisperers with edith evans(gb 60)
on tv
about a senior citizen, her loneliness and her dealings with the welfare

we rarely get ot see british films of the 1930-1970 ties on german tv so it was a nice possibilty
but if they decided to do it, they sent it in the middle of the night---why cant they show it on a proper program place:(

Last edited:
Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom