The 'Darkened Underpass' in Manchester

Jukebox Jury

Retired
Does anyone of the Manchester contingent (or anyone else!) know the following location is?

In the video to 'Stop me.....' / 'I started something...', Morrissey and the look-a-likes cycle under and out of a railway bridge (presume it's a railway bridge).
Does anyone know where it is?
Thanks

Jukebox Jury

Does anyone of the Manchester contingent (or anyone else!) know the following location is?

In the video to 'Stop me.....' / 'I started something...', Morrissey and the look-a-likes cycle under and out of a railway bridge (presume it's a railway bridge).
Does anyone know where it is?
Thanks

Jukebox Jury

Hmmm, have you sent an email to Mark Taylor who was also in the video?

Do not know who he is...:confused:
Any contacts? (or contact him to contact me?)

Jukebox Jury

Mark Taylor is the guy who used to publish a fanzine Smiths Indeed.

You'll find his contact details from mainpage where published the news of re-print of Smiths Indeed few weeks ago.

You can also contact Mark Nicholls who is NPLR's friend.

Mark Taylor is the guy who used to publish a fanzine Smiths Indeed.

You'll find his contact details from mainpage where published the news of re-print of Smiths Indeed few weeks ago.

You can also contact Mark Nicholls who is NPLR's friend.

OK, thanks:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

I hope to be taken up the "Darkened Underpass" next month in Manchester. As well as taken up the "Curry Mile" several times.

phil,
if you find this place i expect to be taken to it in the small little car again next time im in town.
thanks in advance! ;)

Last edited:
I hope to be taken up the "Darkened Underpass" next month in Manchester. As well as taken up the "Curry Mile" several times.

Not if you are sharing a room with several others in JJ Towers:lbf:

phil,
if you find this place i expect to be taken to it in the small little car again next time im in town.
thanks in advance!;)

It'll be on the back of a bike I'm afraid, currently car less!

Phill, where are the Darkened Underpants in Manchester?

73,000 of them at man united's stadium every other week, full of sh*t:laughing:

Jukebox Jury

Arrrgh, I'm going to have to go and look at the vid now...I'm usually very good with any Manc locations :) I'll be back (if I can get on Yootoob at work...)

Last edited:
Is this the quality of Smiths "Landmarks" we can expect from a second edition of "Morrissey's Manchester", Phill?

#Show me a barrel and watch me scrape it#

Can I point you in the direction of the Grapes pub in Sale - where Andy and Johnny got drunk on the night they signed with Rough Trade? My mate also had his stag do there. Well, it's where we started at least...

Keep up the good work, fella :thumb:

Dave

Is this the quality of Smiths "Landmarks" we can expect from a second edition of "Morrissey's Manchester", Phill?

#Show me a barrel and watch me scrape it#

Can I point you in the direction of the Grapes pub in Sale - where Andy and Johnny got drunk on the night they signed with Rough Trade? My mate also had his stag do there. Well, it's where we started at least...

Keep up the good work, fella :thumb:

Dave

Good point Dave, I didn't include it at all previously as it was hardly newsworthy by just appearing for a split second in a video.
Someone emailed me the other day asking if I knew where it was and I had to say I hadn't a clue.
So I thought I'd ask on here and if a positive answer comes along then I shall see if it can be squeezed in - if there is space, why not?.... but it certainly isn't vital, but you know the obsessive nature of some fans:thumb:

Hopefully it is going to print within the next two weeks (need to take a few photographs tomorrow) and hoping for a foreword from *someone else* to replace the Mick Middles foreword (and no it isn't Mike or Andy!) plus one or two other suprises:) and it'll be out on the streets before the Apollo gigs:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Good point Dave, I didn't include it at all previously as it was hardly newsworthy by just appearing for a split second in a video.
Someone emailed me the other day asking if I knew where it was and I had to say I hadn't a clue.
So I thought I'd ask on here and if a positive answer comes along then I shall see if it can be squeezed in - if there is space, why not?.... but it certainly isn't vital, but you know the obsessive nature of some fans:thumb:

Hopefully it is going to print within the next two weeks (need to take a few photographs tomorrow) and hoping for a foreword from *someone else* to replace the Mick Middles foreword (and no it isn't Mike or Andy!) plus one or two other suprises:) and it'll be out on the streets before the Apollo gigs:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Phill

Great:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom