The Drivel Thread

So, Morrissey denied her a hug on March 15th, 2023, but gave it to her on March 16th, 2023. Hahaha

He denied her the hug after a question about food. I can't tell what her answer was, but Morrissey looked disappointed, and she pleaded, "it's hard to find vegan options!" That's why, after calling her onstage and indulging in a chat, he suddenly became too busy to bother with her.

He denied her the hug after a question about food. I can't tell what her answer was, but Morrissey looked disappointed, and she pleaded, "it's hard to find vegan options!" That's why, after calling her onstage and indulging in a chat, he suddenly became too busy to bother with her.
Her answer was that she’d been eating bread, and he felt sorry for her, I think, for having just bread. He pulled her to him on stage the next night and tenderly embraced her though.

Her answer was that she’d been eating bread, and he felt sorry for her, I think, for having just bread. He pulled her to him on stage the next night and tenderly embraced her though.

Really? I wonder why he felt sorry for her for eating bread. I thought Morrissey lived on little more than toast for most of his twenties.

What I’m curious to know, is what Trinity meant when she said she was being tortured. Morrissey repeats what she said, and then launches into Bonfire of Teenagers. I have their conversation cued up in this video.

You're right, Light Housework, she definitely says "bread." That's odd, though. Antwerp isn't some Siberian backwater. There are vegan and Indian restaurants.

What I’m curious to know, is what Trinity meant when she said she was being tortured. Morrissey repeats what she said, and then launches into Bonfire of Teenagers. I have their conversation cued up in this video.

Maybe she got caught by Russell Brand. Or maybe, since the question was what she had for breakfast, she made a comment about animals being tortured.

Maybe she got caught by Russell Brand. Or maybe, since the question was what she had for breakfast, she made a comment about animals being tortured.
Very astute what you said about Brand, but Morrissey answered her by saying “You’re being tortured?”.

Very astute what you said about Brand, but Morrissey answered her by saying “You’re being tortured?”.

All I heard was "being tortured?" Maybe she was figuratively being tortured, at breakfast that morning, thinking about the unbearable wait until the Morrissey concert.

All I heard was "being tortured?" Maybe she was figuratively being tortured, at breakfast that morning, thinking about the unbearable wait until the Morrissey concert.
Maybe. If I get together with him, I’ll have three questions. 1) What did Trinity mean by being tortured? 2) Do you ever yawn? 3) Can I take a photo of us together just to show my mental health police? I won’t ask him to come to my apartment. I’ll just reach for his hand and bring him here. Maybe I would be so brazen as to embrace him immediately upon sight, and then lead him back to my pad. If we get very familiar, I’ll ask him if I can take a picture of him standing by my artwork, just to private message you like I said I might do months ago.

Maybe. If I get together with him, I’ll have three questions. 1) What did Trinity mean by being tortured? 2) Do you ever yawn? 3) Can I take a photo of us together just to show my mental health police? I won’t ask him to come to my apartment. I’ll just reach for his hand and bring him here. Maybe I would be so brazen as to embrace him immediately upon sight, and then lead him back to my pad. If we get very familiar, I’ll ask him if I can take a picture of him standing by my artwork, just to private message you like I said I might do months ago.
I'm pleased he got a chance to make amends for refusing Precious a hug and that he took it. All's well there. I can't make up my mind about the conversation. I suppose she was a bit awestruck and not at her most articulate. So, did he find it awkward and hence end the conversation to ease his own discomfort? Or did he realise she was not at her best and end it so that she didn't show herself up? That is to ease her discomfort. Perhaps she was trying too hard to please him...I was confused about the bread reply...at times Morrissey has said it has been his favourite food. So I wondered whether she had said it in the hope it was what he wanted to hear, in which case the conversation became meaningless and best ended from his point of view.
And Trinity? Is seeing him a torture when it can go no further? But she's years younger than him.
These shows seem a strange experience!

Last edited:
I can't make up my mind about the conversation. I suppose she was a bit awestruck and not at her most articulate. So, did he find it awkward and hence end the conversation to ease his own discomfort? Or did he realise she was not at her best and end it so that she didn't show herself up? That is to ease her discomfort.

She started off well, but then she started to get nervous. It got awkward when she said, "I'm sleeping better than ever, being with you" and Morrissey countered, "but we're not together ... we're not sleeping together." I think he intended it humorously, since he knows the absolute last thing anyone would ever think about him is that he's sleeping with young female fans.

Staircase and Oboe Concerto are the only decent songs on it. The rest are shit.
Staircase is pretty shit as well. Personally I think Smiler is fantastic. So is Istanbul. I’m Not a Man is fun. Mountjoy I learned to like. The rest I can do without. It’s his second weakest album.

What's it with the Precious instance? It's pretty easy I think. He got her on stage, got bored somehow or whatever and ended the conversation not in a nice way. Maybe he thought about it or he read that many people thought of it as rude (there also was a review of the show, where a journalist expressed that he seemed emotionally cold) and made amends the next show. It all seemed very strange and he didn't treat her very well for getting her on stage in the first place. The hug on the next show made it ok and ended the thing.

What's it with the Precious instance? It's pretty easy I think. He got her on stage, got bored somehow or whatever and ended the conversation not in a nice way. Maybe he thought about it or he read that many people thought of it as rude (there also was a review of the show, where a journalist expressed that he seemed emotionally cold) and made amends the next show. It all seemed very strange and he didn't treat her very well for getting her on stage in the first place. The hug on the next show made it ok and ended the thing.
Yeah he gave her a nice cuddle, but the best cuddle I saw was when he rescued a fan from security, got her up on stage and gave her a lingering one. I think she was a Brazilian Canadian.

This is the clip that shows Morrissey saving the woman from security and giving her a reassuring cuddle. He stopped the song to do it.

Well since this is the drivel thread, I’m going to go off topic again, this time about the restaurant. I went the other day because my neighbour invited me to go there with her, but I’m abstaining when it comes to going there by myself at least. If I go eat there on my own, I will feel that I can’t trust myself to do the right thing, which is, to eat from the plenitude of food I have in my kitchenette, which is way cheaper and much healthier, and I don’t have to feel like merely a paying customer so much, because I will prepare it for myself.

I went for a walk on this cool but sunny Easter Sunday, and gave scant few sticky notes away. I had a ten minute conversation with a man about his experience dealing with catching Covid. He travels a lot, so has had many different types of immunizations, but he seemed healthy. The conversation started off about Morrissey, and when I steered the chat back to Morrissey, he started to prepare to go his own way. He said he’s been to see Pink Floyd, and I forget what else. I told him about Morrissey licking his hand and then shaking hands with audience members, and licking again, on repeat for the whole front row, at the Orpheum here in Vancouver, in, my guess is it was ’93. The guy said that that was cool. I told him that I feared for Morrissey’s health when I saw him doing that, but that in time I thought it was cool too.

Other than that conversation, my day is looking like it will be spent in solitude. I intend to have a painting session in the early evening, and then maybe do some more cleaning. Yes, I’ve cleaned the tub, washed a sink full of dishes, done a load of laundry, and scrubbed inside the toilet bowl to get what was probably mold dislodged and down the drain. I didn’t get it all with the toilet brush, so I intend to don some rubber gloves and use a scouring pad with Castile soap and get down and dirty to get rid of as much as I can, after painting.

The moisturizer I have on my face and hands is made from mainly sunflower oil, but today it smells a little like fish. I don’t know why. I’m wearing my Morrissey, Bona Drag t-shirt, and thought I might show it off with my flannel shirt unbuttoned and open a bit, but naturally, no one cared. People were either with friends or family, or glum. Maybe I was a little glum, knowing I was not going to take myself to the restaurant after my walk, which is sobering, as I’m used to going there pretty much whenever I feel the impulse. I’m aiming to stop that, because it’s foolishness. In a month, I’ll have easily spent $400 there, at the rate I was going. I’d rather spend it on framing my artwork, ordering prints made of it, and buying watercolour canvases. I only just realized while composing this post, how much I was spending.

I’m starting to get used to this smell of moisturizer that really just smells of sunflower oil, not fish after all. I guess it’s gotten old, though I’ve been keeping it refrigerated. Maybe I’ll mix it with lavender oil next time I apply it to my pasty and dry face after a bath. I’m not used to this self discipline of refraining from going to that restaurant by myself. I feel forlorn a little, not having any family or very close friends to spend this holiday with, and I’m not used to having a week off from seeing mental health workers, but on the other hand, I’m enjoying feeling self reliant and learning to trust myself, to do what I truly want to, rather than shirking doing it, in favour of being spinelessly drawn to the restaurant, and avoiding cleaning my apartment. Avoiding painting too, even.

@nicky wire's legs This is the drivel thread, not the see how brave I am thread. The drivel thread. If it turns out I do something brave out of it, great. If my immune system kicks the mold infection out or better yet kills it, great. I don’t expect it to happen, and I tend to see myself as a low functioning person, or, a high functioning mental case, nothing to brag about, but to drivel about, sure, because it helps me to use this thread as kind of an interactive diary. I don’t tell all, of course, like I do in my paper diary, but then, there are things I’ll write here that I won’t in my paper diary. I can have both.

Don't @ me, you bore

Tags
anxiety bloody awful poetry testing the waters trying to feel good in your own skin trying to make friends wanting to alleviate anxiety wanting to feel safe to be honest wanting to have integrity
Back
Top Bottom