Morrissey Central "THE HEART IS A LONELY HUNTER" (June 30, 2023)

THE HEART IS A LONELY HUNTER

ArkinHLH.jpg

Alan Arkin, RIP

The title of this book/film was a faux matrix message on the 2009 remaster of Southpaw Grammar.
Regards,
FWD.

I think he was a very good actor. I wish his family all the best. The guy lived a full life long into his 80s - we should all be so fortunate. RIP.

Each time we lose a classic, like Tina Turner, Tom Verlaine, Pele'....I wonder who will fill their void. If only a few of these greats had passed in these last few years, that would be one thing. But unfortunately, these deaths in abundance are exposing a talent gap...and when it's not a talent gap, it's a substance gap. I would love to be wrong here.

Be well, everyone.

Excuse my ignorance never heard of him if anyone can expand it would be much appreciated.

As ever, far more that Moz ever said about Bowie…

first saw alan arkin in freebie and the bean when it was paired with enter the dragon as a double feature in the 70s,had his own style of acting.

first saw alan arkin in freebie and the bean when it was paired with enter the dragon as a double feature in the 70s,had his own style of acting.
Enter the dragon was the first 'X' film i saw at the cinema in '81, i was only 14 so it was a huge thrill, one of those late night showings, felt so grown up

. And the
I think he was a very good actor. I wish his family all the best. The guy lived a full life long into his 80s - we should all be so fortunate. RIP.

Each time we lose a classic, like Tina Turner, Tom Verlaine, Pele'....I wonder who will fill their void. If only a few of these greats had passed in these last few years, that would be one thing. But unfortunately, these deaths in abundance are exposing a talent gap...and when it's not a talent gap, it's a substance gap. I would love to be wrong here.

Be well, everyone.
Pele? Excuse you, but we all gonna died. At some point. Enjoy the artist and their craft while alive. And go to the concerts. See you soon Morrissey!

Enter the dragon was the first 'X' film i saw at the cinema in '81, i was only 14 so it was a huge thrill, one of those late night showings, felt so grown up
yeah dan same here,getting into an X film felt like a big deal especially being under age.those really were the days.

THE HEART IS A LONELY HUNTER

View attachment 92445

Alan Arkin, RIP

The title of this book/film was a faux matrix message on the 2009 remaster of Southpaw Grammar.
Regards,
FWD.
here is a very unpleasant impression made by the main character girl. says "I loved you" and was with someone else, and not even for love. logic is completely absent from a person. And Singer, too. I feel sorry for him, of course. But don't kill yourself because someone couldn't appreciate your love. Whereas so many people needed him. It reminds me of The Painted Veil of Maugham or Martin Eden. All the same. it doesn't have to be that way in life. everyone experiences unrequited love, feels loneliness. but when you read or watch such stories, there is a feeling that life is just like that. but that's not true.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful actor, and in my world he’s most famous for playing Inspector Clouseau.

But I loved Coup de Ville and that film ties in with my love for Morrissey. If you’ve seen it, you’ll know.

Wonderful actor, and in my world he’s most famous for playing Inspector Clouseau.

But I loved Coup de Ville and that film ties in with my love for Morrissey. If you’ve seen it, you’ll know.
I hope your love for Morrissey doesn't tie in with love of suicide. I also hope that Morrissey's love for this film doesn't tie in with love of suicide.

this film doesn't let me go. it must be hard to be an individualist. it's harder to accept the situation that if we don't get what we want, then either we don't deserve it(no matter how good we seem to ourselves. but somewhere there is a screw), either it will do us harm, or it is useful for us to suffer pain. suicide is a triumph of pride.

I don't want to say too much here or sound too bleak but a person can't love death or suicide, because they can't be experienced. They can only be thought about and depicted and there is a degree of seperation which makes it possible to do this. I don't agree with your comment that suicide is a triumph of pride because I assume the moment it is successful there cannot be an a sense of self pride and fullfilment related to ego. If you were only refering to the film, which I haven't watched then I will see what my thoughts are about the character and the plot. Hope this makes sense.
So many heads, so many opinions.

Be well, everyone.

Arkin dead, Barkin' still alive here (unfortunately for Mortuary Central. Today's compliment will be:
If the heart is a lonely hunter, the dude at M.C is Elmer Fudd.:tiphat: )

Anyway. The guy's name didn't ring any bells here either, but I see he was the grand dad in Little Miss Sunshine: total respect.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom