The new Morrissey song, 'Scandinavia'...

Scandinavia is written by Boz.

Crime? in troubled time?
I despise each ??? Scandinavian
Let the people burn
Let their children cry, die, ??? famine?

But then you came along
And you held out your hand
And I fell in love with you and Scandinavia

I kiss the soil
I hug the soil
I would eat the soil
And I praise the God who made you

Stab me in your own time in Scandinavia
Uncomplaining I die in Scandinavia

Im hearing....

Crime? in Trondheim
I despise each syllable(?) in Scandinavia
Let the people burn
Let their children cry, die, blind (?) in (?)

But then you came along

I kiss the soil
I hug the soil
I would eat the soil

Sounding good. Absolutely destroys the other new songs in terms of quality.

It definitely sounds intriguing. I'd love to hear a full version of it.

Reminds me of something...

P.

This is exactly what I was hoping for when I heard that it was a dark funerary love song about "Scandinavia."

Even this brief live recording sounds fantastic, I can't wait to hear it in better quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like this - obviously I'll reserve full judgement until i hear it in full and in better quality - but it's musically AND lyrically interesting. Could be a nice little "dark" number on the album.

And it's nice to see some positive postings on here after the last few days of madness :)

So he's a washed-up, deluded, paranoid, fat, bully-boy, immature, FASCIST, hypocritical gay c***....
but we really wanna hear this new song...sounds really good actually...maybe it's about Johnny Marr...

Put us out of our misery, please.

:rolleyes:

Sounds promising! Can't wait to hear the the song properly! I sincerely hope there's more like this on the album! :)

From wikipedia:

The names Scania and Scandinavia are considered to have the same etymology[14][15][16][17] and the southernmost tip of what is today Sweden was called Scania by the Romans. The name is possibly derived from the Germanic root *Skaðin-awjo, which appears in Old Norse as Skáney.[18] According to some scholars, the Germanic stem can be reconstructed as *Skaðan- meaning "danger" or "damage" (English scathing, German Schaden).[19] Skanör in Scania, with its long Falsterbo reef, has the same stem (skan) combined with -ör, which means "sandbanks".

In the Alfredian translation of Orosius and Wulfstan's travel accounts, the Old English form Sconeg appears.[20][21] Frankish sources mention a place called Sconaowe; Aethelweard, an Anglo-Saxon historian, wrote about Scani;[22] and in Beowulf's fictional account, the names Scedenige and Scedeland appear as names for what appears to be a Danish land.[20] Scodanus in old maps may add to the name of the place "from where the Danes came, from Scandinavia", also derived from it.

James Dane, sneaking in his love songs again. :sweet: He's never going to let go of Morrissey. :D

Okay, this is it for sure now:

Crime in Trondheim
I despise each syllable in Scandinavia
Let the people burn
Let their children cry, die in blind asylum

But then you came along

I kiss the soil
I hug the soil
I would eat the soil

I expect on the American tour that it is going to be very violent. People are going to get stomped. Please be careful and know, that your words will condemn you. You will not get away with it nor hide like you think, please watch you step and don't walk alone. :lbf:

Re:

I expect on the American tour that it is going to be very violent. People are going to get stomped. Please be careful and know, that your words will condemn you. You will not get away with it nor hide like you think, please watch you step and don't walk alone.

Sod off to your cave

I've listened to it a couple of times, and this is good, I really like it.

Thanks for the lyrics viva, I was singing something that completely made no sense at all, apart from

But then you came along

I got that bit, and the eating soil bits....nothing else made any sense though. haha

Back
Top Bottom