The Smiths added to Trump rally music (January 23, 2024)

Not sure if this is a joke: tweet says Trump added Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want to his pre-rally music in Laconia, New Hampshire.

UPDATE 12:34PM PT:

Surface posted the link:

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
No man in the USA is more responsible for the mass incarceration of black men than Joe Biden.

If you're not lying, you're misleading.

Republicans including Bush & Trump have done worse.

It's the only thing you talk out of.

Morrissey was talking about BLM.

He also said:

Black people built modern America, yet there is zero black energy in American politics. It existed at one time (Malcolm X, Dick Gregory, Dr. King, and perhaps James Baldwin), but no more. CNN has given every main headline for the last six months to Donald Trump – who erroneously believes that America is a ‘white’ country (it wasn’t ever so) and who seems to be a whisper away from uttering the word ‘lynching’. Skeletons in rocking chairs are impressed by Trump’s gung-ho aggression … but why? It’s illogical to create more laws against minorities on the basis that minorities statistically break the law more often than middle-class whites, because, after all, laws in America target blacks and Hispanics far more than they target whites
(Morrissey, Facebook, 29 April 2016)

From the late 1800s until the 1970s, the US was about 90% white --- whiter than modern England, France, Belgium, etc. Its government was white and its institutions were white. The US was whiter in 1960 than South Africa is black in 2024, yet few would try to tell you that South Africa with its 9% white population and Indian minority isn't a black country. Yes the US was white, it was the very definition of a white country in fact, but what would Morrissey know? His post was written like someone who hadn't thought about black issues during his then 56 years of living and decided finally to try his hand at it. It contains all his usual hyperbole and lack of fact checking, there's nothing insightful to be found in it. Elsewhere in the same post he writes: "On Skid Row in Los Angeles, none of the thousands of homeless faces are white." -- just embarrassing stuff. Was he doing a racial head count while driving past the homeless people in his chauffeur driven car? And he thought it was a good idea to go and type all this up in his 5* hotel room and send it out to the world? I'm reading it again and I actually think every single sentence in that post might be wrong. If he was here and posted that I'd have to tear him to shreds to make him understand the value of doing at least a modicum of research before you write something.

But anyway, this post is eight years old and Malarkey posts it like Morrissey still believes every word of it even though he hasn't spoken about that topic in years. More recently he encouraged people to vote for For Britain and wore their badge on television but Malarkey is quick to tell you that Morrissey doesn't support that party or Anne Marie Waters any more because he hasn't mentioned them in years. We've been over all this many times before, we've seen all the cherry picking. If Morrissey is supportive of BLM because he wrote that mess of a post in 2016, then he's also a For Britain supporter due to the fact that he spoke highly of the party in 2019. You don't get to have it both ways.

From the late 1800s until the 1970s, the US was about 90% white --- whiter than modern England, France, Belgium, etc. Its government was white and its institutions were white. The US was whiter in 1960 than South Africa is black in 2024, yet few would try to tell you that South Africa with its 9% white population and Indian minority isn't a black country. Yes the US was white, it was the very definition of a white country in fact, but what would Morrissey know? His post was written like someone who hadn't thought about black issues during his then 56 years of living and decided finally to try his hand at it. It contains all his usual hyperbole and lack of fact checking, there's nothing insightful to be found in it. Elsewhere in the same post he writes: "On Skid Row in Los Angeles, none of the thousands of homeless faces are white." -- just embarrassing stuff. Was he doing a racial head count while driving past the homeless people in his chauffeur driven car? And he thought it was a good idea to go and type all this up in his 5* hotel room and send it out to the world? I'm reading it again and I actually think every single sentence in that post might be wrong. If he was here and posted that I'd have to tear him to shreds to make him understand the value of doing at least a modicum of research before you write something.

But anyway, this post is eight years old and Malarkey posts it like Morrissey still believes every word of it even though he hasn't spoken about that topic in years. More recently he encouraged people to vote for For Britain and wore their badge on television but Malarkey is quick to tell you that Morrissey doesn't support that party or Anne Marie Waters any more because he hasn't mentioned them in years. We've been over all this many times before, we've seen all the cherry picking. If Morrissey is supportive of BLM because he wrote that mess of a post in 2016, then he's also a For Britain supporter due to the fact that he spoke highly of the party in 2019. You don't get to have it both ways.

He wore a badge for the Legal Defense Fund - a Black civil rights charity - in 2022.

He's still talking about Black civil rights leader, Dick Gregory.

James Baldwin is featured at every single gig.

Former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham says in early 2020 she half-jokingly asked Trump, who has a well-documented love of meat-heavy meals like cheeseburgers and steaks, whether he would do a vegan challenge to raise money for a worthy cause.

But Trump quickly shot down the idea, Grisham wrote, citing not his love of meat but his mental acuity. "No, no. It messes with your body chemistry, your brain," Trump said of a vegan diet, according to Grisham. "And if I lose even one brain cell, we're f*cked."

:ROFLMAO:

We are all in the midst of a great cosmic battle of THE LEFT versus THE RIGHT - and THE LEFT have to be the winning side. And Moz has to be on the side of THE LEFT. Don't anyone dare suggest anything otherwise. Ok?
This is all Malarkey has. She has invested everything in this.

He wore a badge for the Legal Defense Fund - a Black civil rights charity - in 2022.

He's still talking about Black civil rights leader, Dick Gregory.

James Baldwin is featured at every single gig.
Just for future reference, is there a specific length of time that must pass before an issue can be considered to no longer be of relevance to Morrissey? Or is it a special sliding scale that only you get to decide?

This is all Malarkey has. She has invested everything in this.
Morrissey will thank her personally in the end. Won’t he….?
Susan Hayward GIF

Still no response from Morrissey 12 hours after I read about this on BBC News. I suspect there’s a heated debate going on in Camp Moz as to what the response should be. Moz spotting or full scale retaliation

Morrissey doesn't mention BLM in the interview. He talks about police brutality.
I do have to say though, of all the things Moz has said over the years, most of which I would agree with, but not all, his comment about Obama being 'white inside' is probably the silliest thing he has ever said. But we can all talk out of our ass sometimes - don't you agree, Karen?
Obama isn't black, he's half. Funny how nobody mentions that...

Still no response from Morrissey 12 hours after I read about this on BBC News. I suspect there’s a heated debate going on in Camp Moz as to what the response should be. Moz spotting or full scale retaliation

He’ll probably say something at the shows. If he does give a Central post, it may be in hope that it would drum up some kind of publicity for his two upcoming shows.

Former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham says in early 2020 she half-jokingly asked Trump, who has a well-documented love of meat-heavy meals like cheeseburgers and steaks, whether he would do a vegan challenge to raise money for a worthy cause.

But Trump quickly shot down the idea, Grisham wrote, citing not his love of meat but his mental acuity. "No, no. It messes with your body chemistry, your brain," Trump said of a vegan diet, according to Grisham. "And if I lose even one brain cell, we're f*cked."

:ROFLMAO:

comedy gold.

comedy gold.

That's the thing about Trump. Completely loathsome individual, but highly amusing and entertaining. I think that's an underestimated reason for his support. Nikki Haley tried to dissuade Republican voters by warning, "chaos follows him." Then last night there was some New Hampshire voter being interviewed for an exit poll, and he said he voted for Trump, and when they asked him why, he said, "chaos follows him!" The American political establishment is so appallingly bad, Trumpian disorder and comedy is a great tonic.

Why does he have to respond?

He’s been very critical of Trump in the past and has clearly derided him. Artists usually distance themselves from politically-opposed individuals/parties when their music is used to those ends. I would expect him to have an opinion
Yes. So no response needed. He doesn't like Trump.

Friends! If he is going to comment at all it will be something along the lines of “they’re all shit but if it’s between Trump and Biden, Trump is the lesser of the two evils”. Brace yourselves. You heard it here first.

Friends! If he is going to comment at all it will be something along the lines of “they’re all shit but if it’s between Trump and Biden, Trump is the lesser of the two evils”. Brace yourselves. You heard it here first.
oh, sea salt, have some pity - where will that leave Malarkey and the cosmic battle?

That's the thing about Trump. Completely loathsome individual, but highly amusing and entertaining. I think that's an underestimated reason for his support. Nikki Haley tried to dissuade Republican voters by warning, "chaos follows him." Then last night there was some New Hampshire voter being interviewed for an exit poll, and he said he voted for Trump, and when they asked him why, he said, "chaos follows him!" The American political establishment is so appallingly bad, Trumpian disorder and comedy is a great tonic.

As Freddy Nietzsche once said … God is dead, and all that the future generations will have left to believe in is, consumerism and a good laugh.

I'm sure someone is bombarding SER's inbox with pro-Trump videos that pretend to be about free speech/saving badgers from the jab/whatever.

Back
Top Bottom