TTY / replies : January 2014 - true-to-you.net

Link posted by SomeTotallyRandomMozFan:

TTY / replies : January 2014
- true-to-you.net
2 January 2014

Morrissey has answered a sixth series of questions submitted by Questions And Answers participants. These questions and Morrissey's answers are as follows.

Excerpts:

Who inspired you to sing?
KARICACSARY, Fontana.

Bobby Hatfield. He was the smaller of the two Righteous Brothers, and his falsetto swoop made me jump backwards over the settee. You should You Tube their You've lost that lovin' feelin', and you'll see what I mean. When I made the record Ringleader of the tormentors, the producer (Tony Visconti), who is a very close friend of David Bowie, tried to get both Bowie and I together to do our version of You've lost that lovin' feelin', with David doing the deep Bill Medley parts, and me doing the Bobby Hatfield shrieks. I loved this idea, but David wouldn't budge. I know I've criticized David in the past, but it's all been snotnosed junior high ribbing on my part. I think he knows that.

I was lucky enough to see you in Istanbul in July 2012. It was an amazing night, very intense, and it was a dream come true. How was it to be in Istanbul, and what do you think about the audience and the concert?
MELIS, Istanbul.

Well, we are about to record our new album, and one of the tracks is called Istanbul. It is second to Rome as my most favorite city in the world...

You are one of the few personalities in modern times who have really influenced my thinking about art and life. Have you ever thought about writing a novel?
HANNA, Germany.

In 2013 I published my Autobiography and it has been more successful than any record I have ever released, so, yes, I am mid-way through my novel. I have my hopes...

Media coverage:

Last edited:
A-a-a-album? *throws tea in the air and scoffs*

Who were the people who were asked to write questions? Did anyone here on the forums get the chance to ask Morrissey a question?

Jesus, some of them sound very desperate "How do you feel knowing that many lives have changed because of you?" what sort of question is that? Who cares? :confused:

I wouldn't be surprised if he made up half the questions himself. Every question is a variation on:

"Dear Morrissey, how do you manage to be so wonderfully, terrifically, unbelievably amazing ALL THE TIME?"

"Weeeeell, since you ask......" :rolleyes:

Ok, some of the questions are a bit sycophantic, and his comment about abattoirs and Auschwitz made me wince, but I still felt a thrill of excitement to hear that there's a novel and an album on the way. Must be unconditional love..:rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised if he made up half the questions himself. Every question is a variation on:

"Dear Morrissey, how do you manage to be so wonderfully, terrifically, unbelievably amazing ALL THE TIME?"

"Weeeeell, since you ask......" :rolleyes:

Yeah, it does sound strange...If he wants questions, why doesn't he just come on here and get real question from the fans who are generally interested?

First weird quote for 2014 "Music can bring vegetables to life, and I should know because I'm a vegetable" - Morrissey, 2014 :D

Well, we are about to record our new album.......

This is , imho, the most important piece of news ....all the rest is very Moz and we should not be surprised at all , that is just the way he is and will always be....

Cheers Moz

He really is a vile, sociopathic piece of shit. I don't know what the rest of you have been reading.

...The views of one 54 year old pop singer/best-selling author? He's entitled to them. And you can hardly feign shock and horror; he made precisely the same point re: paedophilia in 'The Importance of Being Morrissey' a decade ago. And the Auschwitz analogy has been expressed before. If, as Morrissey and others do, you truly believe that animal life, and death, is equivalent to human life, and death, then these analogies are a quid pro quo.

As for being a 'vile, sociopathic piece of shit' well, by most accounts, so was John Lennon and it didn't do him much harm (other than getting murdered of course...)

A-a-a-album? *throws tea in the air and scoffs*

Who were the people who were asked to write questions? Did anyone here on the forums get the chance to ask Morrissey a question?

Jesus, some of them sound very desperate "How do you feel knowing that many lives have changed because of you?" what sort of question is that? Who cares?

I don't think anyone was asked to send a question. There is an open invitation on the True to You Website to submit questions to Morrissey. Don't hold your breath waiting for an answer, but at least there is the chance to ask a question if that's what you want to do. It's a wild guess, but I suppose that people who have submitted questions feel they are more likely to get an answer if they are a little gushing with praise.

http://true-to-you.net/submit_a_question

Oooh I await the arrival of the Three Musketeers....

However fascinating Morrissey finds himself surely even he must be getting bored of regurgitating variations of answers to questions we've all heard before.

He didn't answer mine by the way. "if you were stuck in a lift with gelato, Jake, tina and your hairdresser who would be the most likely to get a pearl necklace?"

I like to think if I'd have changed lift to elevator he'd have answered.

I wonder if he's had the guts to do self-release or has finally be approached by a label? I think the later, but it's probably the few chances he's got left to release something decent.

Don't mess this album up, Morrissey.

He didn't answer mine by the way. "if you were stuck in a lift with gelato, Jake, tina and your hairdresser who would be the most likely to get a pearl necklace?"

That's disgraceful & offensive...but it did make me laugh...shame on me...

Puzzled by his answer to the question asking for advice on how to accept yourself:
"I don't think we ever do! I think we all die feeling apologetic and embarrassed. I'm as much of a mess now as I was when I was 16. There are too many forces telling us we aren't good enough - music critics, bank managers, the police, the judiciary, ex-wives ..."
Ex-wives??!! What does he know about ex-wives?? And what about ex-husbands? I still think he has a slightly misogynistic side to him.

"If you believe in the abattoir then you would support Auschwitz. There's no difference."

"I see no difference between eating animals and paedophilia. They are both rape, violence, murder."

He really is a vile, sociopathic piece of shit. I don't know what the rest of you have been reading.

Hey Amy. Evolve.

"I know I've criticized David in the past, but it's all been snotnosed junior ribbing on my part. I think he knows that."

That's a very interesting quote from Moz on Bowie. And it confirms what I've long thought; that Moz regreted the fall out from the Outside Tour and a few of the comments made since.

A nice touch.

Ex-wives??!! What does he know about ex-wives??

I think it's a reference to Johnny Marr. ;)

As for being a 'vile, sociopathic piece of shit' well, by most accounts, so was John Lennon and it didn't do him much harm (other than getting murdered of course...)

Though they may share some of the traits, I sincerely doubt either is/was a sociopath. Both clearly experience(d) social anxiety (sociopaths don't) and are/were bothered by what others thought (sociopaths aren't) of them. Sociopaths also have a total Bateman-esque lack of empathy, which Morrissey obviously has for family, close friends, and animals. A sociopath is more likely to torture an animal than be remotely concerned about its welfare. Another thing is a sociopath will naturally attempt to conceal their true nature... so you could argue Morrissey is actually the reverse of a sociopath because he's very happy to articulate his views whether he thinks people will like them or not.

Last edited:
I wonder what the novel is about. I think the world needs a Moz novel. The problem is that it will either be transcendent or quite far from. Im almost nervous for him...but more excited!

The world needs hundreds of Morrissey novels. He is a whirling dervish of creativity and genius. Can you imagine if he found another outlet to share his ideas. I am spinning with excitement - new music, novel.

Love this he sounds pretty relaxed must still be on a high after the success of Autobiography. New album yes yes yes! I knew the success of Autobiography would kick start something! Shame about the David Bowie duet.

I love your voice and your sense of humor. Can you please share your inspiration for the song The more you ignore me, the closer I get?
LATICIA, Houston.

About once every nine years I get the feeling that it's more important to have someone's body rather than their friendship. Once you have their spirit you then want their body. Well, this has never worked for me. But it was the galloping wisdom when I wrote that song.

The world needs hundreds of Morrissey novels. He is a whirling dervish of creativity and genius. Can you imagine if he found another outlet to share his ideas. I am spinning with excitement - new music, novel.
Hardly a whirling dervish of creativity and genius. No album in gods knows how long and a book.

This interview just re-enforces my gradual view of Morrissey, cemented from reading Autobiography, that he's completely and utterly out of touch with the real world.

Just look back at his response on the vegetarian topic from the OGWT interview in '84 where he gives a considered response along the lines of "and if people eat meat, I'd just like them to think about it..." to his militant stance now of having no interest in conversing with any non-veggies.

He's been spolit over the years with everyone around him kowtowing to him and he's left with a skewed world view which doesn't relate to anyone anymore, aside from the never wavering sycophants.

"Istanbul" as a title sums up where he is as an artist - "arty farty" nonsense with f*** all relevance to anyone this side of Hartlepool.

That's disgraceful & offensive...but it did make me laugh...shame on me...

Puzzled by his answer to the question asking for advice on how to accept yourself:
"I don't think we ever do! I think we all die feeling apologetic and embarrassed. I'm as much of a mess now as I was when I was 16. There are too many forces telling us we aren't good enough - music critics, bank managers, the police, the judiciary, ex-wives ..."
Ex-wives??!! What does he know about ex-wives?? And what about ex-husbands? I still think he has a slightly misogynistic side to him.

Yes. I noticed that as well. Of course, if he said ex-husbands, he might have to clarify that one later on TTY.

Oh Matron, Realitybites! :D

"If I'm introduced to anyone who eats beings, I walk away" - a bit prejudice and it's a bit of a silly comment.

Oh Matron, Realitybites! :D

"If I'm introduced to anyone who eats beings, I walk away" - a bit prejudice and it's a bit of a silly comment.

This must be ahead of an imminent announcement that tickets for his next tour will only be available to vegetarians.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom