TTY update: 'Swords' & LA show

joe frady

Vile Refusenik
Tracklisting as per Irregular Regular's previous post, but new concert info, of sorts.
http://true-to-you.net/
Swords: Album release information; Los Angeles concert information
5 September 2009

Swords, an 18-track compilation of b-sides of singles from Morrissey's recent albums, will be released in the UK on October 26th and will be available on CD and double vinyl LP.

The track listing is as follows:

"Good Looking Man About Town"
"Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice"
"If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me"
"Ganglord"
"My Dearest Love"
"The Never-Played Symphonies"
"Sweetie-Pie"
"Christian Dior"
"Shame Is The Name"
"Munich Air Disaster 1958"
"I Knew I Was Next"
"It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small"
"Teenage Dad On His Estate"
"Children In Pieces"
"Friday Mourning"
"My Life Is A Succession Of People Saying Goodbye"
"Drive-In Saturday"
"Because Of My Poor Education"

Initial copies of the CD will include a bonus disc of eight songs recorded live in Warsaw during Morrissey's 2009 tour.

Morrissey will play Los Angeles in December, the date and venue information to be announced shortly.

Morrissey will play Los Angeles in December, the date and venue information to be announced shortly.

This Ohio girl is envious! Represent, West Coast! :guitar:

Thanks for the notice, JF!

But alas, as I had moaned on in the "Are you going to buy the singles box set and Swords?" thread, I'm down on most any Moz show in Hell A because too many of the fellow concert go-ers here are utter asshats. It's not that Moz attracts asshats per se because in other cities around the world, the audience for the most part is usually pretty good to be with.

I kind of dread another Hell A. show because I feel compelled to go. I was able to easily resist going to Coachella because it's so huge (hate fests), hot (not allowed to bring in water to the fsucking desert!), and the moat between crowd and stage is an ancient ocean wide. But if Moz does an intimate venue like my dream -- the Fox theatre in Pomona -- I won't be able to resist. :mad:

I hope he announces a make-up Oakland/SF show (NOT at the Paramount, though) that I can attend instead of some place in Hell A.

I know I'm an ingrate. I feel bad for the Aussies & Kiwis especially. I'd rather they get their Moz concerts before we have another one in Hell A.

"I CAN DREAM IF I WANT TO..."

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6UmVSztWsaI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6UmVSztWsaI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]​

P.S. He surprised me by shaking my hand without my asking and giving me a tender look at the end of the song where the viddy cuts off...probably because I had remarked to ADAM within Mozzer's hearing how beautiful his singing of that song was...and maybe to make up for teasing me about benzodiazepines earlier.

hmmm. hopefully it will end up being a 2 or 3 night stand to make it worth the trip!

Morrissey will play Los Angeles in December, the date and venue information to be announced shortly.[/QUOTE]

:D...I am so going to catch that!! Booking a ticket as soon as all is confirmed!!

See you there Robby?? :)

I'm not from the USA, but I hope he doesn't do something stupid like
past time, 10 dates in a row, I bet he learned from that

There are beautifull other cities in Cali ,SAN DIEGO, san Francisco, and
even round LA, sant Barbara, Ventura, Santa Monica

Well I guess it'll be the LA forum

anyway enjoy

:guitar:

OH GOD. I go back to L.A. to vist the fam in December. Dec 17...and later, can you make that happen Moz?

am i be a bit wishful thinking or will moz maybe play another U.K date in december like in 2006

Looks like ill be postponing going back to india. Moz, please do a couple ca dates, atl an atleast 1 fl show. Maybe nyc but I don't want to ask for to much. Oh maybe the conan obrien show?

P.S. He surprised me by shaking my hand without my asking and giving me a tender look at the end of the song where the viddy cuts off...probably because I had remarked to ADAM within Mozzer's hearing how beautiful his singing of that song was...and maybe to make up for teasing me about benzodiazepines earlier.

:sleeping:

The Michigan / Chicago area is a nice central mid-tour stop between Paris and LA....

Who's with me? Corrissey? Pregs? Echobay? Where's that petition?

How exciting!!!!!

what venue do you think he'll play?

Pasadena Civic?
The Wiltern?
Hollywood Palladium?

Last edited:
The Michigan / Chicago area is a nice central mid-tour stop between Paris and LA....

Who's with me? Corrissey? Pregs? Echobay? Where's that petition?

Signed and dated September 6th 2009. :D

I'm ready!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

I better see all you lovely individuals here in LA in December.

Back
Top Bottom