We the undersigned Love Morrissey and hate racism.

Love Moz, hate racism and can I have a t-shirt please? I would be very proud to wear it.

Signed.

I think we should get some made up & flog 'em at the gigs etc & donate the profit to LMHR campaign.

love

Grim

invasionno8.jpg

"... Racist!"

Ironically, for many of you the term "self-righteousness" is a pejorative. :rolleyes:

Anti-Racism

I swear my oath to racism by the Iron Cross shaved into Lou Reed's head.

74iron10.jpg

I think we should get some made up & flog 'em at the gigs etc & donate the profit to LMHR campaign.

love

Grim

I sent an email to them today saying there was an interest and asked them what they thought. However it may have to be bought on the net or from away from the venue, or bootlegged by you guys. I'll update you when they reply. I think they are getting kind of busy since NME came out this week. They are grateful for the support to their campaign and happy the issue has raised awarenes but they're lips are sealed regardin Morrissey v's NME, other than what is on their webpage. Their agenda isn't to take sides and there is a couple of current court cases on this issue. I also highlighted to them that by not speaking out against NME using racism to sell papers, it makes it look like they are getting into bed with the devil. However I do understand their current position. Hope you all do too.

I think the posters' hearts are in the right place but what exactly is the point of this? Is it some sort of McCarthyist loyalty oath? "Are you or have you ever been.."???
I should f***ing HOPE there aren't any racists present, but I sincerely doubt it, because racism tends to coincide with homophobia, kinda making it impossible to be a Morrissey fan, and, his music sort of generally alienates stupid people by it's complex and intellectualized lyrics, of course there are a few stupid Moz fans, some who post here, but racists? I doubt it. If so they are a minority in a minority. Nothing to be gained here, I'm afraid.

I think the posters' hearts are in the right place but what exactly is the point of this? Is it some sort of McCarthyist loyalty oath? "Are you or have you ever been.."???
I should f***ing HOPE there aren't any racists present, but I sincerely doubt it, because racism tends to coincide with homophobia, kinda making it impossible to be a Morrissey fan, and, his music sort of generally alienates stupid people by it's complex and intellectualized lyrics, of course there are a few stupid Moz fans, some who post here, but racists? I doubt it. If so they are a minority in a minority. Nothing to be gained here, I'm afraid.

I contacted HMLR when NME came out to ask their take on the subject. They told me they would put a statement on their webpage. When LMHR posted the story from NME, I contacted again them to ensure they were listening to both sides of the story.

The woman I spoke to, spoke to me at great length and was very clearly interested in everything I had to say and I everything she had to say. It was easier to explain myself to her as she is the same age as me and The Smiths meant a great deal to her in the '80's. She was also quite aware of Morrissey's solo work, including 'Flying the flag.' She told me as she had been recently working closely with NME on the LMHR campaign. While passing it on the shelves at her train station, she looked and saw Morrissey on the cover. This made her buy it.

She told me that the Morrissey camp had been in contact with them and a dialogue had begun. She was keen to hear what Morrissey's fans had to say. She was also keen for Morrissey to make his position more clear. Well, I thought this thread would demonstrate how we felt and our reasons why.

Hey Grim, are you the new editor of NME? :rolleyes:

well I know more about music than their top 'journo' but I'm not sure that's the type of person they are looking for.

My Bucks Fizz quote was about the nazi named person & their anti-racist point of view? I see it brought out another numpty (if it's not the same person).

love

Grim

well I know more about music than their top 'journo' but I'm not sure that's the type of person they are looking for.

My Bucks Fizz quote was about the nazi named person & their anti-racist point of view? I see it brought out another numpty (if it's not the same person).

love

Grim

Paranoid and ill-informed, yet so comfortable throwing accusations around...you're perfect! But just so we're certain we've got the right man for the job, please take the following pre-employment quiz although I think we already know the result:

1042931845nquisitionll2.jpg

1042929605_turesbruce.jpg

erm why am I paranoid & ill-informed? Yes I can multi-task but those aint my best moves!

love

Grim

Paranoid and ill-informed, yet so comfortable throwing accusations around...you're perfect! But just so we're certain we've got the right man for the job, please take the following pre-employment quiz although I think we already know the result:

1042931845nquisitionll2.jpg

Mozzer's point of view has never changed........all you have to do is listen to the lyrics of the songs that we all know and love.

Morrissey is the last "true" artist out there - I'll always support the man.

I can't wait for the new album in 2008!!

Back
Top Bottom