What did you dream (last night)?

• Thread starter Deleted member 25370
  • Start date
I lost a close friend just under 4 months ago. It will be 4 months on Monday and feels like no time at all. He was 27, and I have dreams where I can hear him talking to me or laughing down the phone. I wrote him a long, angry, mixed-up letter and put it in his coffin, and now I wish I could take it out because I almost feel like I blamed him. And those words bind me now and it's like I've carved them in stone next to his body. I wonder where his soul is and what he thinks of me and I just miss him.

I lost a close friend just under 4 months ago. It will be 4 months on Monday and feels like no time at all. He was 27, and I have dreams where I can hear him talking to me or laughing down the phone. I wrote him a long, angry, mixed-up letter and put it in his coffin, and now I wish I could take it out because I almost feel like I blamed him. And those words bind me now and it's like I've carved them in stone next to his body. I wonder where his soul is and what he thinks of me and I just miss him.
We've all done it Amy. Everyone who's lost someone, wishes they'd said something better before they went. Think of the good times. My grandma used to love making me a meal when I went to visit but then I became all blase and told her I was vegan and I couldn't enjoy her lamb stew anymore. Would it have been such a sacrifice to have enjoyed her hospitality once in a while?. She'd lost my grandad only years into her marriage, and she liked cooking for me, she'd be all of a dither when I went up, with all the hobs on full blast, but it was something of a coup to say that I'd been to see her and she'd fed me.

Last edited by a moderator:
We've all done it Amy. Everyone who's lost someone, wishes they'd said something better before they went. Think of the good times. My grandma used to love making me a meal when I went to visit but then I became all blase and told her I was vegan and I couldn't enjoy her lamb stew anymore. Would it have been such a sacrifice to have enjoyed her hospitality once in a while?. She'd lost my grandad only years into her marriage, and she liked cooking for me, she'd be all of a dither when I went up, with all the hobs on full blast, but it was something of a coup to say that I'd been to see her and she'd fed me.

I understand that so much. It's like we can't see the big picture, you know? My friend had bipolar disorder. I listened, most days and nights, for 10 years. Two days before he died, he told me he wanted some new medication and if his doctor didn't give him it, he would take an opiate overdose. He'd said it before and my reply was along the lines of, "Let's talk about something else. How's the flat? How is your job search going?". Basically refusing to give it airtime. I wouldn't say I feel haunted by it (I believe his death was accidental) but it's not the last words I would have wanted to say. I wrote my letter to try and correct that, like a last conversation. And now I've ended up regretting the letter too.

Guilt is hard, my real father died in March of 2001 and he had a couple of cars, including this big one I’d never liked, but I have 3 younger half brothers(mom had remarried when I was a kid) they were all in their late teens, I gave the car to the one that was the responsible. On Halloween of that same year he was sober and driving our other two brothers home from a Halloween party when a drunk driver hit them, killing him, Reece. Nobody blamed me at all, but I did for a long, long time. That drunk driver was going to kill someone’s loved one and those boys were gonna be driving some car, but still it took years to be ok with it. :straightface:

that's why your bear dream reminded me of marion engels novel, as the bear in the story actually turns into a lover (performing oral sex, if i remember correctly) later on, even though the protagonist at first felt disquieted by the chained bear's presence at her new house. a very sweet story. you have probably also read it? pretty sure it belongs to the canadian national canon of literature. oh you canadians!
no, I've never read it! only vaguely have I heard of marion engel. sounds interesting. good gracious, I hope the bears aren't symbolical of something sexual and all this time I've been having filthy dreams.

no, I've never read it! only vaguely have I heard of marion engel. sounds interesting. good gracious, I hope the bears aren't symbolical of something sexual and all this time I've been having filthy dreams.
My students in China had a hard time saying my name, so they just called me “bear” :brows:

"Off-Topic". I guess posting an exchange relating to a friend's depression and death (even in the context of dreams about him) is technically Off-Topic, yes. But Rifke, can you see what a **** you've just made yourself look?

"Off-Topic". I guess posting an exchange relating to a friend's depression and death (even in the context of dreams about him) is technically Off-Topic, yes. But Rifke, can you see what a **** you've just made yourself look?
kinda like that time you stuck your nose, wholly without warrant, into my and waters conversation, and got into a real snit about it being off topic despite the fact that you hadn't even attended the forum in months, and no one was even posting in that thread anymore, and none of the regular users at the time seemed to mind. so yeah you better believe im marking your posts off topic whenever I see them veer off topic.

kinda like that time you stuck your nose, wholly without warrant, into my and waters conversation, and got into a real snit about it being off topic despite the fact that you hadn't even attended the forum in months, and no one was even posting in that thread anymore, and none of the regular users at the time seemed to mind. so yeah you better believe im marking your posts off topic whenever I see them veer off topic.

Wow. You really keep score, don't you? Is it truly fair to compare the derailing of a thread which went on for pages and pages to one innocuous post about something obviously personal and painful? I apologise for any of my past behaviour which has upset you. Might I suggest, unless you have a deep need to wage war with me, that it might be kind of you to do the same?

Wow. You really keep score, don't you? Is it truly fair to compare the derailing of a thread which went on for pages and pages to one innocuous post about something obviously personal and painful? I apologise for any of my past behaviour which has upset you. Might I suggest, unless you have a deep need to wage war with me, that it might be kind of you to do the same?
water left the forum because of you so no, I wont do the same. end of discussion.

water left the forum because of you so no, I wont do the same. end of discussion.

Then I can only assume their interest in Morrissey was fairly minimal. After all, arguing with all and sundry never deterred you, did it?

sorry to interrupt, folks, but could you please sort this out in the pm section? thanks a lot! have a pleasant day, and night, of course...

jeez, what a disgusting dream i had this morning, cant believe that i didnt wake up puking from severe sickness, as a matter of fact i was surprised that i did not feel sick at all. it was so revolting that i dont even want to find words for it.

i fear that sigmund freud would probably have got a real kick out of it.

I dreamt I was knocking back a dry Martini whilst lamenting my loves birthday and who should walk in the bar? My best mate. We had a few more then went to The Farm. Came out the back door, went in the pub next door and talked till closing time. I believe in dreams.

jeez, what a disgusting dream i had this morning, cant believe that i didnt wake up puking from severe sickness, as a matter of fact i was surprised that i did not feel sick at all. it was so revolting that i dont even want to find words for it.
tell us about it!! were you having sex with burt Reynolds on a bear skin rug?!

Surpressed urges always happens when feminists are not getting any. The reaction is hysteria which is treated with dildos.

This movie explains your condition:

https://www4.the123movieshub.net/film/hysteria/watching.html?ep=1

Choose Openload server below screen and learn something for the first time in your life.

Frequent violent dreams are usually symptomatic of things like uhh, let’s say a not so great childhood, past trauma and the one people seem to forget thats a big driver is having a sense of just crushing hopelessness, despair and powerlessness which some people just don’t have any real world outlet for, less now than ever with how stuck in their heads people are and kids not being able to even just have minor scrapes or fist fights cuz that’s seen here now as totally verboten. I’d be willing to bet that lotta these spree killers we have here now in the States that often seemed mild mannered, introverted even had violent dreams, maybe they didn’t even remember them, then they just explode.
but at least we all here have the music of Moz :blushing:
You really shouldn't have swallowed that hand grenade in the gulf war Rambo Robby but I guess it was hard to resist a late night snack watching from afar how the british killed everything in sight so you boys could wheel in and steal everything from the nearest McDonalds.

*slow slow hand clap*

Back
Top Bottom