what difference do they make?...

• Thread starter sorrow of stamford bridge
  • Start date
S

sorrow of stamford bridge

So, John Harris gave Moz only 2 stars in Q...and he'll be on Newsnight Review no doubt telling us how dismal the record is...And some non-entity writing for The Guardian didn't like it either.

Many of us have the new album, or by some means have heard most of it. And having listened to it five or six times, I am coming to the opinion that it is Morrissey's best solo work. Granted, I don't think it is as good in lyrical terms - but Morrissey said himself that this time around he wasn't trying to be clever... But vocally, and musically I think it's better than anything he's done. And - shock horror - it sounds more commercial without sounding like The Dorkness.

And what's more, it looks like Morrissey is a dead-cert for a UK top ten single come Sunday...and he may even surpass his best ever placing (which I think is 4?). Which will be a big thumb in the eye for all the Andrew Collins's out there...

The point is, if things continue to go this well over the festival season, Morrissey's long term future will be secure and we won't all be going stir-crazy waiting another 7 years for a new album...

For once I agree in part with the chelsea rent boy. Why is everyone getting so pissed off about any negative reviews? It is just one person's opinion and they are entitled to it just as they are if they like the album. However sorrow is still an absolute vagina who still finds it amusing to refer to MJ and AR as lawnmower parts. So f*** him.

Back
Top Bottom