What song are you listening to right now?

great ! I actually thought you wouldn't like it. Yeah, one of my favorite guitarists, lots of records, go through utube some other cool footage/live audio. :)

I LOVED it.
I actually ended up creating a playlist with most of the songs you post, but because I like them.

Since the thing turned to guitars and amazing vocalists... Here's an unexpected duo: Marc Ribot & Kazu Makino (the singer of Blonde Redhead).... and John Lurie, who does nothing here, but he's always charming anyway.

I LOVED it.
I actually ended up creating a playlist with most of the songs you post, but because I like them.

Since the thing turned to guitars and amazing vocalists... Here's an unexpected duo: Marc Ribot & Kazu Makino (the singer of Blonde Redhead).... and John Lurie, who does nothing here, but he's always charming anyway.

never saw that before, thanks.

detour.... punks ahead ! :fearscream:

:)

never saw that before, thanks.

detour.... punks ahead ! :fearscream:

The Holy Trinity of Liliput/Kleenex, Slits & Raincoats!!! I am not into autographs at all, but I have a nice album by the Slits signed by all of them.

And, of course:

P.S, "Nice" is among my favorite songs... same thing for Rubella's "Rainbow love".

This guy was years ahead of everybody else and I never heard of him until tonight but I am an instant admirer.

Hey JB. We share a love of synth pop. Wondering how you feel about this?

Wow. Nice. That’s a blast from the past. I’m sure I had that album at one point. It might even still be up in the loft.

Life seemed better then. Two armed camps facing off against each other with enough nuclear warheads to destroy the world ten times over. Happier times. No really.

Life seemed better then. Two armed camps facing off against each other with enough nuclear warheads to destroy the world ten times over. Happier times. No really.

Yes it did. Another cassette purchase was the Pretty in Pink soundtrack. Good ole' 1986 when Ronnie was running the show over here. That record opened my eyes to New Order, OMD, The Psychedelic Furs, and Echo and the Bunnymen. Back when bands actually created music with a melody, and in keeping with the feel good mood of the time this song off the soundtrack brings back memories of that time every time I hear it.

Another awesome mullet for you Peppermint :thumb:

jelly of your slits sigs ! me wants ! :D

more CARMABOLAGE .... full album

other came across...

and on course....america's raincoat?.... Y PANTS ! :D

The Holy Trinity of Liliput/Kleenex, Slits & Raincoats!!! I am not into autographs at all, but I have a nice album by the Slits signed by all of them.

And, of course:

P.S, "Nice" is among my favorite songs... same thing for Rubella's "Rainbow love".

This guy was years ahead of everybody else and I never heard of him until tonight but I am an instant admirer.

:thumb:

yep, Parmegiani one of the great electronic/musique concrete wizards !

below has to be one of my favorite works by him, so... ZOOM IN... ZONE OUT ....

<>

Juiceboxxx - guts and tension

Juiceboxxx - freaked out American loser

Such a weird artist. First song people will say sounds like the beastie boys but has none of the snotty characters they do so well while the second is like an eighties post punk jangle pop song. All of his songs have a dash of the replacements born to fail ethos but with a bunch of sincere super earnest never gonna quit vibes to them. Even weirder is that a guitarist was added for this one and maybe a couple back but this album has a bunch of simple yet familiar post punk guitar lines. Imagine someone rapping over dirk wears White Sox era Adam ant guitars with hip hop drums. There’s also some straight up eighties sounding punk songs ( though they have modern production and no lo fi sounds). Such a bizarre extremely enjoyable mix of music. Maybe not profound though simple themes said and lived with heart and sincerity can add up to something worthwhile

jelly of your slits sigs ! me wants ! :D

more CARMABOLAGE .... full album

other came across...

and on course....america's raincoat?.... Y PANTS ! :D

I didn't know Chandra. A new addition to my KS playlist.

I thought of going Japanese with Afriampo or something like that... but I'm I am in the mood for Moondog!

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom