What's Everyone Reading At The Moment?

i just read virginia attorney general ken cuccinelli's letter to the universities and colleges of virginia pressuring them to conform with governor bob mcdonnell's executive order to remove "sexual orientation," "gender identity," and "gender expression" from all non-discrimination policies. http://quaa.student.virginia.edu/wp...Virginia-Colleges-and-Universities-3_4_10.pdf
anyone who lives in virginia should read this and, with good reason, be outraged.

Currently reading 'The Princes in the Tower' by Alison Weir, an interesting examination of the events leading up to and after the murder of Edward V and his brother the Duke of York in 1483, when their uncle became Richard III.

I just finished reading Nick Caves book, The Death of Bunny Monroe. It's not for the easily offended. It's very...erm...explicit and very sad. But good.
Next I will be reading The Human Stain as recommended by Worm. I look forward to another excellent read by Philip Roth.

I couldn't get into Labyrinth. I enjoyed Sepulchre (by the same author and with a similar theme) much more.
Sepulchre was way better, I agree :straightface:

Does it say anything about an occult background of the Crusaders? Did they look for a "holy grale" while pretending to be Christians? Were they Masons?

No, I am not going to discuss any of this further, I am too busy with reading. :)

yeah, that link sent me to is a Turkish crackpot :crazy: highly insulting stuff to us who come from a long line of Masons, just so you know Silke :o

Nick Hornby's Juliet, Naked. I can't put this book down and I'm not nearly halfway done with it. It also has a strong reference for obsessed forumites, ha.
I have just finished this book - it feels like Hornby took ideas from this site, don't you think?! It even references Morrissey fans a couple of times! Very bizarre, an enjoyable read as Hornbys always are but a bit too close to home...;)

Paula+Spencer

I realised about a week ago that I haven't touched a book in months, excluding those for the purpose of essay writing. So this was the closest to hand. I am enjoying it. :)

I'm re-reading The Great Gatsby. We were given it to read in school but at the time it wasn't my thing and I don't think I ever bothered or I couldn't get my head round it. IT'S GOOD!!!!! I never knew.

Tags
books wit no pitchers but not much more just fuck off literary ponces long live books more to life than books nerds n squares obscurer and obscurer shakespeare is smart
Back
Top Bottom