Why Moz adores Diana Dors

Yeh he chaged the lyrics on the 23/12/06 GMEX to Diana Dors wondered what the hell he was on about till I listened to that on the radio lol

watch the importance of being Moz doc, he puts on 'So Little Time' sung by DD on his record player.
On the cd Under the influence he choose that as one of his tracks too.
He sang DD at a few of the gigs not just GMex tbh.

love

Grim

IMO DD goes hand in hand as to what Morrissey is about and represents!

ps..From the link. LOL... Re: "The new album is to be called Rank as in J Arthur". Did anyone pick up on that? :)

IMO DD goes hand in hand as to what Morrissey is about and represents!

ps..From the link. LOL... Re: "The new album is to be called Rank as in J Arthur". Did anyone pick up on that? :)

I'm running low on virtual memory apparently, so I haven't opened the link but yeah I was aware of the J Arthur rhyming slang, he's a wit eh? :D

love

Grim

Moz is huge admirer of Diana Dors- singer, actress, bombshell- here's a link to a short radio doc about her life, with music. If you've ever wondered who the hell this Diana Dors is, follow link below.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/factual/pip/9wmc8/

I think it's plain the adoration for Diana. And she ended up as the star in the Prince Charming video. How very infra dig.

BTW, Ms. Dougal, we should have a gin or two when I can make it back to the big town.

Best Wishes,

Peter

I think it's plain the adoration for Diana. And she ended up as the star in the Prince Charming video. How very infra dig.

BTW, Ms. Dougal, we should have a gin or two when I can make it back to the big town.

Best Wishes,

Peter

Well, needs must when the rent's due! Not sure what sure what that is in Latin? Do get in touch if you're downtown- might even stretch to a houmous wrap.

Yeh he chaged the lyrics on the 23/12/06 GMEX to Diana Dors wondered what the hell he was on about till I listened to that on the radio lol
I didn't hear that, what lyrics did he change?

anyway...

Morrissey about Diana Dors, explaining his choice of 'So Little Time' for Under the Influence:

"She had the sexiest voice in world history. She is just a fantastic British figure and because she was so overtly sexual she was always underrated as an actress. She was decades before her time in standing up and saying, 'Yes, I enjoy sex', but her private life was over-recorded by the papers and it did not tally that someone so flamboyant could have depth too. This is Diana Dors' best recording: very sexual, very heaving, sort of string-drenched and very beautiful. You want to nestle in her bosom."

http://www.alinkarel.plus.com/smiths/moz6.jpg

Think lyrics change refers to the nifty little trick he does in 'You Have Killed Me'- along lines of 'Anna Magnani/ Diana Dors/ Ena Sharples, you'll never be' etc. Most inspired album title must go to Diana Dors for 'Swinging Dors' ! Must've been worth recording it just to use that pun. Classy.

I didn't hear that, what lyrics did he change?

anyway...

Morrissey about Diana Dors, explaining his choice of 'So Little Time' for Under the Influence:

"She had the sexiest voice in world history. She is just a fantastic British figure and because she was so overtly sexual she was always underrated as an actress. She was decades before her time in standing up and saying, 'Yes, I enjoy sex', but her private life was over-recorded by the papers and it did not tally that someone so flamboyant could have depth too. This is Diana Dors' best recording: very sexual, very heaving, sort of string-drenched and very beautiful. You want to nestle in her bosom."

http://www.alinkarel.plus.com/smiths/moz6.jpg

Found this on page 8 of that interview. Thought it was funny:

'And over the toilet is a signed portrait of Diana Dors. "Some people find it hard to go when someone's looking" says Morrissey. "But not me."':D

He adores Adam Ant and he's copying him, he'll have a white stripe accross his face one of the days :p

He adores Adam Ant and he's copying him, he'll have a white stripe accross his face one of the days :p
yes, just like he adores The Beatles, I suppose :rolleyes: They put Diana on Seargeant Pepper sleeve, you know. So maybe Moz will get a Beatles haircut one of these days... :p

I like her real name, Diana Fluck. Too bad they changed it. Diana Dors seems like it could get confused with Doris Day. He probably likes her too, for her animal rescue work, but might like it better if she didn't dye her dogs.

doris.jpg

When DD used to appear on The Two Rs (Ronnies), I remember thinking WOW. I was only very young but I could definitely see she was overtly sexy (not in an Angela Ripon way). That was my first introduction to her, in the 70s. Then, I heard she died. Some years later, a story on TV told of a medieval code she had implemented, to safeguard her fortune, was rendered useless, uncrackable, because the key which her surviving husband held was lost when he committed suicide, five months after her death. The fortune could not be passed on to her son. Long after this, I heard Swinging Dors and fell in love with her voice. I may be fairly poor financially, but with that album in my collection, I feel like she left something valuable to me. Gone but not forgotten. XxX

Last edited:
When DD used to appear on The Two Rs (Ronnies), I remember thinking WOW. I was only very young but I could definitely see she was overtly sexy (not in an Angela Ripon way). That was my first introduction to her, in the 70s. Then, I heard she died. Some years later, a story on TV told of a medieval code she had implemented, to safeguard her fortune, was rendered useless, uncrackable, because the key which her surviving husband held was lost when he committed suicide, five months after her death. The fortune could not be passed on to her son. Long after this, I heard Swinging Dors and fell in love with her voice. I may be fairly poor financially, but with that album in my collection, I feel like she left something valuable to me. Gone but not forgotten. XxX

I remember enjoying 'The Worm That Turned' on the 2 Rons- futuristic tale of a world run by women, headed up by Diana Dors. Seem to recall her in skintight military gear, wielding a whip- Ronnie Barker reveals his fear/ desire around female domination? Just remember laughing a lot. As with Benny Hill, I'm afraid. Losing DD was a tragedy- one would hope she'd be doing more than propping up the bar at the Queen Vic, had she lived. Her widowed husband, who killed himself after her death, threw himself into her grave at the funeral. I hope someone does that for me.

listening to The Dolls in me car on way home from work, It's Too Late came on & in it DD gets a name check, mind I'm certain Moz was well aware of her long before this but it all adds up eh?

love

Grim

Back
Top Bottom