World of Morrissey - do you actually listen to it?

I listen to it now and again, it's alright. It has some really good songs on there, namely Boxers, the Loop, Have A Go Merchant, Whatever Happens I love (yes Maverick, I have got the singles)

I own a copy for completion sake, but i can't honestly remember the last time i played it - has to be over ten years.

I have evry track on their on other albums or the singles & i just don't ever get it out the case. I'm often tempted to get rid of it as it spoils the collection in some ways, it just seems to be a raggy mess.

Anyone agree?

I don't even own it.

The only compilations I own are Bona Drag because at the time I had not yet collected all the singles.

My Early Burglary Years. I don't really know why I bought this. I had all the songs. Blind fandom.

Rare Tracks.. it just looked cool.

Greatest Hits.. I wanted the live CD from the Holllywood Bowl.

I don't even own it.

The only compilations I own are Bona Drag because at the time I had not yet collected all the singles.

My Early Burglary Years. I don't really know why I bought this. I had all the songs. Blind fandom.

Rare Tracks.. it just looked cool.

Greatest Hits.. I wanted the live CD from the Holllywood Bowl.

I just love gawping at Rare Tracks:crazy:

I hate self-righteous pompous Morrissey fans like you, who seem to think they know more because they googled, Whatever happens I love you.
Yes it is on Boxers, but this thread isnt about Boxers, its about the ALBUM.

With a name like Maverick, I think it proves how wit-less you are.

Personally I think you should be banned, for being such a criminal bore, but thats just me.

Errr - i'm not the one who brought up Whatever Happens, I Love You. And i was just recommending the Boxers single, in case he didn't have it (although any TRUE fan will).

Errr - i'm not the one who brought up Whatever Happens, I Love You. And i was just recommending the Boxers single, in case he didn't have it (although any TRUE fan will).

Your logic seems to fail somewhat. Why would you suggest a single that would be hard to come by, unless you already had, when you could quite easily get a very cheap version of 'World of Morrissey' Which has the majority of what the Boxers single has.

I hate self-righteous pompous Morrissey fans like you, who seem to think they know more because they googled, Whatever happens I love you.
Yes it is on Boxers, but this thread isnt about Boxers, its about the ALBUM.

With a name like Maverick, I think it proves how wit-less you are.

Personally I think you should be banned, for being such a criminal bore, but thats just me.

only on a morrissey forum would 'criminal bore' be used as an inuslt :lbf:

It's quite a nice compilation. I have a Beatles compilation called Hey Jude which get's a

regular play. They're a conveniance at best.

Absolutely listened to it a lot --- until it got too scratched up in the car :-( Usually take decent care of discs whilst driving, but that one spent so much time in the car that it inevitably got beat up over time as it'd get set on the passenger seat and such.

Fantastic album --- but then, it's from his best period (roughly 1992-1995) in terms of most of the songs. Agreed with some of the previous posters that it has a bit of a darker quality to it, and that it definitely suits certain moods. Having the Boxers tracks on there is truly the big aspect, but Moon River is wonderful as well. And of course it never hurts to hear We'll Let You Know again either.

It'd be perfect if it had Now My Heart Is Full, plus one of the Interlude versions on it. But that's nitpicking, isn't it. All in all, a great listen -- especially for those less-acquainted with this period of Moz's solo career.

That said --- Vauxhall and I should be the first album anyone buys of Moz's career.... and yes that includes his Smiths' albums too.

J.T.

I love how you can define a Morrissey fan in those limited terms...

I don't have it. I was only 9 when it was released and sadly unaware of the existance of Moz. I suppose that will count against me too, not being a fan since the womb?

I like World Of Morrissey. I listen to it from time to time.

Right on Ripper.......Vauxhall is Moz's finest hour I'd say...

I listen to WOM quiet a bit....great songs continually, topped off by my favorite single of his, Boxers.....a sold compilation from a solid period of his recording career....

I love how you can define a Morrissey fan in those limited terms...

I don't have it. I was only 9 when it was released and sadly unaware of the existance of Moz. I suppose that will count against me too, not being a fan since the womb?

I like World Of Morrissey. I listen to it from time to time.

Heard of E-Bay?

I listen to it alot actually.

purely for 'Whatever Happens, I love you'

No. I only like Certain People I Know, but since it's on Your Arsenal, no point in listening to that...thing.

I actually like Kill Uncle... King Leer, There's a place in hell for etc, FFF is lovely, but it took some time to like it...

Back
Top Bottom