Article: Morrissey to play four nights at the Sydney Opera House as headliner of Vivid Live 2015 (Ma

Re: Article: Morrissey to play four nights at the Sydney Opera House as headliner of Vivid Live 2015

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if they really cut down on the number of NSW tickets simply because they want more people to come in who are potential tourists as well. They spend more money.

Can't deny this at all, very dissapointing for real fans.

There isnt even an opportunity to get up close like last time at the Enmore. Just have to stay in a shitty seat and keep our distance from him

Re: Article: Morrissey to play four nights at the Sydney Opera House as headliner of Vivid Live 2015

That seems f***ed up that the first anonymous guy got tix to all four nights while others get tix to zero nights. You'd think the system was set up to be a FAIR distribution of tickets in order to insure as much as possible that everyone gets to go at least once? So sorry, Ryan. :(

That seems f***ed up that the first anonymous guy got tix to all four nights while others get tix to zero nights. You'd think the system was set up to be a FAIR distribution of tickets in order to insure as much as possible that everyone gets to go at least once? So sorry, Ryan. :(

Yes. Whoever devised that ticket buying system is a f***ing idiot. Let the desperation of missing out slide for a day or two and you'll probably pick some tickets up for a sensible price. Today's gonna be top dollar.

ticket pricing and distribution has not been fair in a long long long time now

Ultimately, the thing is that the opera house do not care about the unfairness of the ballot nor do they have a reason to care. All the tickets were going to be sold regardless with this system so why would they care WHO actually gets them.

I also feel as if this ballot was implemented to ensure a sell out of all four nights. Morrissey only played two 2000 venues last tour and now that has doubled. With no dramatic rise (maybe even a fall) in Morrissey fans it is a confusing move, hence the insurance of the ballot

There isnt even an opportunity to get up close like last time at the Enmore. Just have to stay in a shitty seat and keep our distance from him

That turned me off too. A Moz show isn't a Moz show if you can't be right up front.

That turned me off too. A Moz show isn't a Moz show if you can't be right up front.
The last time Morrissey was at a place where you were glued to seats it made him in a crappy mood!

The whole point was that I wanted 2 tickets for each show so that me and my fiancé could enjoy all 4 together - we met at the 2012 shows and have since had a baby together. You can't believe how disappointed we are.

That would be very very dissapointing considering he is playing here in your home town and you can't get tickets, to let alone one show. I have seen a few things on ebay. Hopefully something will pop up for you.

Since you guys meet at the last gig and all.

If Morrissey came out here like every 18-24 months like a lot of other Artist, it wouldn't be so bad, but we all know that a visit from Moz to our shores is a rare thing (1991, 2002, 2012).

Wow. What a drag. Another attempt bites the dust. So much for providing a fair way for regional fans to get a chance to attend.

No problem getting tickets for both Enmore and Opera House last tour. Or the tour before. Or in Japan last tour....

If anyone has a spare, please get in touch via PM. I'm happy to pay immediately

Last edited:

That would be very very dissapointing considering he is playing here in your home town and you can't get tickets, to let alone one show. I have seen a few things on ebay. Hopefully something will pop up for you.

Since you guys meet at the last gig and all.

If Morrissey came out here like every 18-24 months like a lot of other Artist, it wouldn't be so bad, but we all know that a visit from Moz to our shores is a rare thing (1991, 2002, 2012).

Exactly. Never been so disappointed.

You met at the shows..? Funny how I never met you then. Anyway..there are tickets on eBay. I would text you but the numerous messages I've sent aren't going through..aka me 'ignoring' u..

We've received no texts aside from one. Ring the home phone if you want to get in touch.

Ultimately, the thing is that the opera house do not care about the unfairness of the ballot nor do they have a reason to care. All the tickets were going to be sold regardless with this system so why would they care WHO actually gets them.

I also feel as if this ballot was implemented to ensure a sell out of all four nights. Morrissey only played two 2000 venues last tour and now that has doubled. With no dramatic rise (maybe even a fall) in Morrissey fans it is a confusing move, hence the insurance of the ballot

i think you on the money

The worst part is staying at home ticketless when he comes to your country, then seeing the pics of the barrier next day and seeing the same f***ing faces that have seen that tour 20 times already.

Well if you were a REAL FAN you would've figured out how to win the ballot. Or blow a roadie. Or blah....[/rant]

Well this ballot bullshit has been a total pain in the arse. First I wanted to go to all 4 shows but discovered The Opera House in their infinite wisdom has made that nigh on impossible. So then my Friend and decided to split our purchases and try purchasing one night each. 3 tix for her night with me, her and her sister going and my night with me, her, my Mum and bro going.

She was successful in the ballot but I was not. At least I get to go once but I'm bummed my Mum n bro can't go because of this lame arse competition! We wait so damn long for Morrissey to grace our shores and then this?

What a crock! f*** you Opera House! :flamethrow:

I'm waiting for a miracle and someone to message me and say "Hey, I have 2 spare for each night! Wanna buy 'em off me?"

Hi Ryan

Check your PM.

That isn't entirely true. Last time he played the Opera House we got out of our seats and went to the front of the stage.

Hi Ryan

Check your PM.

Replied...

hey Ryan - were you at the Tokyo show a coupla years ago ?

No, just at Enmore and Opera House in Sydney in 2012, right at the front at both.

Ideally just want at least ONE night with tickets side by side so my fiancé and I can enjoy the experience together.

- - - Updated - - -

That isn't entirely true. Last time he played the Opera House we got out of our seats and went to the front of the stage.

I was tapping Solomon's shoe during Speedway in 2012 at the Opera House ffs!

Back
Top Bottom