Article: Morrissey to play four nights at the Sydney Opera House as headliner of Vivid Live 2015 (Ma

Re: Article: Morrissey to play four nights at the Sydney Opera House as headliner of Vivid Live 2015

"Rich or poor, we all lose."

Re: Article: Morrissey to play four nights at the Sydney Opera House as headliner of Vivid Live 2015

Sorry they are gone. That ballot was such a f*** up. Shameful. People either got too many or none at all!!! Good luck. I reckon there are plenty of spares around.Keep looking on the Opera House website until the dates. I got some last minute Sinead O'Connor returns this week.

I cannot log in or reply to the people who messaged me. Sorry. My user name is Butley.

Not sure how people got too many tickets when you had to specify how many you wanted and what night(s) you wanted them for. I understand the 'none at all', but to get too many..how can that happen. I mean, my credit card was charged on the same day I got the email saying that I had my ticket (1 premium ticket, Row H..so 8th row from the front..not bad). I don't think they would have given me more than 1 ticket if I didn't specify it. How are ppl getting more tickets than they requested? A true f**up if that happened.

Not sure how people got too many tickets when you had to specify how many you wanted and what night(s) you wanted them for. I understand the 'none at all', but to get too many..how can that happen. I mean, my credit card was charged on the same day I got the email saying that I had my ticket (1 premium ticket, Row H..so 8th row from the front..not bad). I don't think they would have given me more than 1 ticket if I didn't specify it. How are ppl getting more tickets than they requested? A true f**up if that happened.

I guess, If say a couple wanted to go, they both signed up, they both landed tickets for the same night.

This has happened to a couple I know, I'm lucky, my GF & I both got tickets for different nights, otherwise we would be selling a set of 2 Tix as well. This ballet system has failed in a major way.

Out of fear of missing out people would have had numerous friends or family signing up for tickets on the same night

Out of fear of missing out people would have had numerous friends or family signing up for tickets on the same night

this is probably the case. if the venue had sold blocks of tickets thyed be reselling at a higher cost and profit

Looks like I'll also be going to the Tuesday show with my fiancé thanks to another lovely user on here!

Hi All, new user here!

I am glad to be going on the Tuesday night. Looking forward to it. I hope we don't have to stay stapled to our seats! I need to stand to see Moz!

This has actually happened to me. In the ballot I requested 1 premium ticket for each night. What I got was 2 tickets to the saturday show, and the seats aren't even together! It's ridiculous. I contacted the opera house booking office and they told me there is a special team running the ballot and all they can do is forward my complaint to this mystery team and wait for them to contact me. Two days later and no word from them. That second ticket could have gone to one of the many who completely missed out.

yeah - i also got the

"there's a special team working on this / I'll pass on your complaint"

I haven't heard ANYTHING since my email indicating successful entry into the ballot.

for all i know tickets might turn up the mail in a month (yeah right...)

This has actually happened to me. In the ballot I requested 1 premium ticket for each night. What I got was 2 tickets to the saturday show, and the seats aren't even together! It's ridiculous. I contacted the opera house booking office and they told me there is a special team running the ballot and all they can do is forward my complaint to this mystery team and wait for them to contact me. Two days later and no word from them. That second ticket could have gone to one of the many who completely missed out.

Ok, but going from their terms and conditions, there were these points:

4.Tickets will not be allocated on a first come first serve basis and the selection process will be random within allotments determined by Sydney Opera House for overseas, interstate and NSW applicants. All applications will be treated equally within their geographical allotment. No correspondence will be entered into with respect to unsuccessful applications and Sydney Opera House's decision is final.

and

5.Each applicant may apply for a maximum of four tickets per performance, however if applying for tickets to more than one performance, it is not guaranteed that successful applicants will be successful in receiving tickets to all performances.

and

9.Application does not guarantee that tickets will be issued. If an application is successful, applicants will be issued with the number of tickets applied for in relation to at least one of the performances applied for and Sydney Opera House will not issue less tickets than applied for in relation to at least one performance. Successful applicants who apply for tickets to more than one performance may not be successful in relation to all performances applied for. Demand is likely to exceed supply.

So strange now how they are saying to you that there is a 'special team' running the ballot, when it appeared as though the SOH has been running it from the beginning.

Maybe you can point them to their own terms and conditions??

Who are these mystery c***s?!

Ok, so:

One user on here has sold me and my fiancé 2x tickets for Saturday night gig;

Another user has sold us 2x for the Tuesday night gig.

Now just need 2x for Wednesday and 2x for Sunday.

If anyone can help out, please PM me! Immediate payment can be made.

If anybody has got 1 extra ticket for Saturday... please PM. Price open for discussion.

Ok, so:

One user on here has sold me and my fiancé 2x tickets for Saturday night gig;

Another user has sold us 2x for the Tuesday night gig.

Now just need 2x for Wednesday and 2x for Sunday.

If anyone can help out, please PM me! Immediate payment can be made.

Fans helping fans is awesome!

Fans helping fans is awesome!

Fans treat fans better than the bloody place selling them!

Fans treat fans better than the bloody place selling them!

Yes true Ryan. The place selling them just wants to make the cash..regardless of who buys the tickets, as long as they sell.

Still after x2 for Wednesday and x2 for Sunday.

As an Insider for the Opera House I just received this email with this in the subject line. Ha! -

Vivid LIVE full line up announced | Your priority starts Wednesday 11am

I replied:

To whom it may concern,

It's a shame that the "priority" mentioned in this email subject line wasn't given to me for the Morrissey shows. I applied for all four and got none, and I'm a member!

Extremely disappointed,

Ryan

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I am excited and then this ballot bullshit has me worried.

Aaaaaand, you had good reason.

Hello everyone.

This is my first time posting, after having spent many years lurking. I am looking for 2 Premium tickets to any of the Opera House shows. I am willing to discuss costs if need be, just want to get in there so very badly.

Please PM me or email ([email protected]) if you can help or know of anything...

x

Hello everyone.

This is my first time posting, after having spent many years lurking. I am looking for 2 Premium tickets to any of the Opera House shows. I am willing to discuss costs if need be, just want to get in there so very badly.

Please PM me or email ([email protected]) if you can help or know of anything...

x

My fiancé and I now have tickets to all 4 shows, though if you PM the user on here called Barcode, they may be able to help you out. They offered me but I declined as I already have all I need.

Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom