Morrissey Central "BMG DUMP MORRISSEY" (November 16, 2020)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/bmg-dump-morrissey

fin...

Excerpt:

BMG Records have dropped Morrissey. Following the March 2020 release of I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN
(#1 Scotland, #1 Poland, #3 Britain, #3 France, #10 Spain, #13 Germany, #2, #9, #17, #18 U.S.A. - depending
on which official chart you follow), BMG have appointed a new Executive who does not want another Morrissey
album. Instead, the new BMG Executive has announced new plans for 'diversity' within BMG's artist roster, and
all projected BMG Morrissey releases/reissues have been scrapped.

"This news is perfectly in keeping with the relentless galvanic horror of 2020," said Morrissey, "we would be critically insane to expect anything positive."

Morrissey is once again in search of a new label willing to release his music.

"My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career, and I stand by them till death. Recording them has been a pivotal period in my life, and I thank the previous BMG team and everyone involved for that. It's still important to me to do music my own way, and I wouldn't want to be on a label that dictates so specifically how their artists should behave - especially when the word 'talent' is notably never mentioned."

Morrissey's duet with David Bowie is now available on Parlophone via Warner.

"There are too many cases of successful artists languishing at labels who are no longer interested in them." Alistair Norbury, BMG.

Morrissey's Las Vegas residency remains in place for 2021.

above quotes collected by V.Pearson for M.Central.
full interview will be printed shortly.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
You can be as special and different as you like, as long as you’re like them.
Yes it’s a funny old world hovis..
I’m sat with a mug of tea, sugar free digestive biscuits, watching Fred Dibnah.... another sleepless night looms.....
a question for you... can a member on this site block you? And if so does this mean that if you reply to one of their posts, then your reply won’t be shown??

Came across an ancient Buzzfeed article about all the waspish things the lead singer of Echo & The Bunnymen has said & it was quite dull compared to all of the trouble Morrissey can get into while being wistful & perplexed.

There's a quote about The Smiths - it's the best one.

“I think the idea that The Smiths were the most significant British group of the ‘80s is just soddin’ nonsense. I think they may have been significant to a few disaffected ugly people, but that’s about it. I don’t want to put ‘em down, but if the Smiths were symbolic of the ‘80s, maybe that’s why music ended up goin’ nowhere, in a cul-de-sac in Rochdale. It’s like Morrissey at some point thought, ‘Right, I’ll drag this entire generation into me little soddin’ bedsit where the walls are all goin’ black with damp and that’s where we’ll all wallow.’ ‘E was as wet as they come, Morrissey. Like, if in doubt, eat vegetables. Sod off, ‘Meat is Murder.’ What a soddin’ paltry, pathetic thing to say. I mean, try tellin’ that to a cow.” – Uncut, 2004

"My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career,"
I think part of the problem is that no, they weren't. And whilst 'Dog' did indeed enter the charts at no. 3 on a Friday, by Monday it had sunk without trace, never to be seen again.
Never mind. Perhaps Infowars could start a record label?
Good ideaa. Morrissey records are the only item the very large Jones fellow doesn't sell.

Came across an ancient Buzzfeed article about all the waspish things the lead singer of Echo & The Bunnymen has said & it was quite dull compared to all of the trouble Morrissey can get into while being wistful & perplexed.

There's a quote about The Smiths - it's the best one.

“I think the idea that The Smiths were the most significant British group of the ‘80s is just soddin’ nonsense. I think they may have been significant to a few disaffected ugly people, but that’s about it. I don’t want to put ‘em down, but if the Smiths were symbolic of the ‘80s, maybe that’s why music ended up goin’ nowhere, in a cul-de-sac in Rochdale. It’s like Morrissey at some point thought, ‘Right, I’ll drag this entire generation into me little soddin’ bedsit where the walls are all goin’ black with damp and that’s where we’ll all wallow.’ ‘E was as wet as they come, Morrissey. Like, if in doubt, eat vegetables. Sod off, ‘Meat is Murder.’ What a soddin’ paltry, pathetic thing to say. I mean, try tellin’ that to a cow.” – Uncut, 2004
I used to be a fan of Echo and the Bunnymen, in my early 20's, back in the 80's. That was before I knew of The Smiths. This quote by Ian McCulloch is disgusting. No wonder Echo no longer appeals to me 😣

I used to run on the train tracks, in the dark, with this on my Walkman.

I used to be a fan of Echo and the Bunnymen, in my early 20's, back in the 80's. That was before I knew of The Smiths. This quote by Ian McCulloch is disgusting. No wonder Echo no longer appeals to me 😣

I focused on Morrissey being called 'wet' - & thought FABULOUS. Being wet is acceptable.

Ah! Of course, the British meaning.
INFORMAL•BRITISH
showing a lack of forcefulness or strength of character; feeble.
"they thought the cadets were a bit wet"

Similar:
feeble

silly

weak

foolish

inept

ineffective

ineffectual

effete

soft

You're delusional and, as usual, showing your true colors by suggesting that Morrissey is being honest that the termination of his recording contract was racially-motivated. What a crock of shit.
Blacks are nowadays encouraged (by humanity's enemies) to see every micro-aggression, every failing or rejection in life as racially motivated, but if a white person does this even once it is invalid?

With the toxic spread of the Diversity Agenda many more people in all lines of work should expect to be sacked for their white skin in the coming future.

White people are not only being airbrushed from advertising and media, but will soon be replaced in reality.

Morrissey isn't being stroppy here. He is correct. He may feel black on the inside but with white skin he will now suffer the same prejudiced rejections as the rest of us.

Actually it was a good post & I think you'll find you're at the top of that pilThe neqw rtard

You new(ish) posters REALLY are f***ing dumb, Internet sheep scum.

Thinking you are all free thinkers when really you are hive minds. Its so sad Morrissey ended up like this , with fans like this . So sad its f***ing hilarious .
MK Ultra didn't even work in the way it states above.

Grow up

Blacks are nowadays encouraged (by humanity's enemies) to see every micro-aggression, every failing or rejection in life as racially motivated, but if a white person does this even once it is invalid?

With the toxic spread of the Diversity Agenda many more people in all lines of work should expect to be sacked for their white skin in the coming future.

White people are not only being airbrushed from advertising and media, but will soon be replaced in reality.

Morrissey isn't being stroppy here. He is correct. He may feel black on the inside but with white skin he will now suffer the same prejudiced rejections as the rest of us.
It is invalid and absurd to claim that BMG declined to renew their contract with Morrissey because he’s white. It’s a pathetic cop-out meant to appeal to the lowest common denominator of his fanbase (that would be you). No one is losing their job for being white, this is an oppression fantasy.

And you don’t even have a job, so I wouldn’t worry about it either way.

It's totally wtf.

It would be obviously not terminal - but you either have to get the social media under control or create a structure around his madness & that's your problem.

Till he dies. Then he's in the clear.

Once you can reveal the extent of the homophobia that shaped his press without fear of upsetting him then it's over. How can they possibly claim Finsbury is a sign of his racism when it's in print that he was being verbally abused for his sexuality & no journalist thought that was A Bad Thing? Kill Finsbury, you've killed the lot.
Hardly , he survived that attack , which was only the latest in a line that went back to "Hang the DJ" and Ben in Platforms . He even saw off the Chinese thing. He survived all these as there was no real crime. People could see it was just the press .
It was when he decided to go nuclear with For Britain. when he did the German interview and got caught in a lie. Thats when the real trouble started .

It is invalid and absurd to claim that BMG declined to renew their contract with Morrissey because he’s white. It’s a pathetic cop-out meant to appeal to the lowest common denominator of his fanbase (that would be you). No one is losing their job for being white, this is an oppression fantasy.

And you don’t even have a job, so I wouldn’t worry about it either way.
You only need to switch on your TV to see that white presenters, newsreaders, actors in top roles and in adverts are being replaced by blacks.

You will not see a white couple or family in advertising in England now at all. We are being airbrushed from existence by a tribal group that hates us and has been working hard to destroy our country in every possible way for decades.

Have you never heard of diversity quotas? They exist in every industry now solely to sideline whites.

If you're white then prepare to lose your job at some point solely because of your skin colour.

Last edited:
You can be as special and different as you like, as long as you’re like them.
It seems that originality is only allowed in superficial things like clothes and hairstyles but not in worldviews. Paint your hair any color you like but your mind is theirs for filling it with whatever they like. Well, maybe it's time to take some risks or take a break for camp Morrissey. The future is complicated for everybody.

You only need to switch on your TV to see that white presenters, newsreaders, actors in top roles and in adverts are being replaced by blacks.

You will not see a white couple or family in advertising in England now at all. We are being airbrushed from existence by a tribal group that hates us and has been working hard to destroy our country in every possible way for decades.

Have you never heard of diversity quotas? They exist in every industry now solely to sideline whites.

If you're white then prepare to lose your job at some point solely because of your skin colour.
If you think the future of "the white race" is in jeopardy because a Sainsbury's ad features a black family, you're not mentally equipped to be making authoritative statements about current affairs.

This is a weak argument. Many people have always disliked Morrissey and the Smiths. Back in the day they said he was ‘miserable’ and depressing etc. Now it is something else. The point is that a Morrissey album has a guaranteed market and number 3 is a high chart placing. To drop him makes no sense.
"back in the day"
He was the darling of the music press , he was invited on any platform he wanted to go on. He was played on radio one often - either on the peel show, Jenson show or day time radio , this notion he was never played on the radio is pure myth .
When people said he was " miserable and depressing " that was often just taking the piss . Lots of people liked him. Lots of people still like him. Hes just f***ed up .He isn't a "free thinker" like he was . He is just your typical uncle bigot at the bar, like millions of others

His last LP sold less than a third of the amount as the Low In High School .
It was after Low that he started his For Brit crap
"You do the math"

Hardly , he survived that attack , which was only the latest in a line that went back to "Hang the DJ" and Ben in Platforms . He even saw off the Chinese thing. He survived all these as there was no real crime. People could see it was just the press .
It was when he decided to go nuclear with For Britain. when he did the German interview and got caught in a lie. Thats when the real trouble started .

That's not how it would work - if the story was going to stick they need that flag picture. The Future is not going to give a flying f**k about an old man wearing the badge of an obscure political party or about the Der Spiegel drama - which isn't a lie, the conversation was distorted - but it also won't mean a thing when those events aren't current.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom