Favorite altered lyrics

Kuiper

Better than Marr
As you are all well aware, Moz alters the lyrics to his songs a lot in concert, mostly the older songs. So what are some of your favorite altered lines?

For me I like the small touch of "complicated things of life" in Such in a Little Thing, and also "when he said I'm gonna screw you, I felt so happy for you" (or something like that) in Hairdresser. I heard that during a recent performance of Ganglord he sang "get your ass back to the ghetto", and if that is true that ranks high for me to. But my favorite altered line has to be "someone kindly told me that you collected very sharp bread knives" from You're Gonna Need Someone on Your Side.

"When you're on your own..." from Everyday Is Like Sunday

"Loafing oafs in all night pharmacies" was sung during a gig in 1997 (i think) in Now My Heart Is Full.

"Yes, I am freak!" and "I am a symbol of where sex mad lovers always draw the line" from the 2004 version of November.

"It was a good lay, good lay. Here in Adelaide, Adelaide" From, unsurprisingly, Suedehead in Adelaide in 2002.

The added EILS lyrics is just beautiful and for me make the song 10x better, and the others always raise a smile.

Kuiper said:
I heard that during a recent performance of Ganglord he sang "get your ass back to the ghetto", and if that is true that ranks high for me to.

I can confirm that that is true.

mspendl828 said:
"When you're on your own..." from Everyday Is Like Sunday

I've always loved the way he ended that song with those lyrics at the end. You are right, it does make a great song even better.

mspendl828 said:
"Yes, I am freak!" and "I am a symbol of where sex mad lovers always draw the line" from the 2004 version of November.

Yes... that is one of my favourites as well. I also like how he said "and idiots discussing me" in that version too.

"Beware, I bear more grudges than stupid British judges" - The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get live at Luna Park Stadium, Buenos Aires 30/3/2000

I also like "when you sleep I will creep into your bed like a bad song in your head that you can't stand, who cares" from the above version too.

'I entered no-one and no-one entered me'

Morrissey,You Have Killed Me, Pinkpop 2006.

This was hilarious. I love Morrissey! :D

SouthpawGlamour said:
'you might be depressed (repressed)but your remarkably dressed'

he also sung it as "I am depressed, but i'm remarkably dressed - that's all I need"

my fave moz line. Ever.
coz it's about me, me and me :)

Rupert said:
'I entered no-one and no-one entered me'

Morrissey,You Have Killed Me, Pinkpop 2006.

This was hilarious. I love Morrissey! :D

Hilarious yes, but difficult when my son (4yo) asked why he said "No-one" rather than "Nothing".......:o

I managed to avoid the whole thing by saying he forgot to say "House" at the end!

One of my faves is:

"And I can see through everybody's clothes" (Sister I'm A Poet).

The number of changes to the "Visconti is me" line are good, especially when he replaced Visconti with Morrissey recently.

This is a good thread - keep em coming!

"I Know It's gonna Happen Someday... to me"
"Most ppl keep their brains between their legs...some dont!"
"I've got two testicles" (tomorrow instead of "all I ask of you.."

'
mjp said:
Hilarious yes, but difficult when my son (4yo) asked why he said "No-one" rather than "Nothing".......:o

I managed to avoid the whole thing by saying he forgot to say "House" at the end!'

Ahhhh right I see haha. Ooops.

"your friends and your foes would rather die than have to shag you"

(...now if only i could remember what bootleg i heard that on, it's going to bug me for the rest of the day now...)

"We've never seen a keener...midfielder".

But my favourite is "And when he said I'm gonna screw you, oh I felt so happy for you".

the changed line in disappointed (All your friends and ur foes wud rather die than have to shag you) is on the bootleg "King Leer" me thinks

"and now its 13 yrs on" (billy budd sang in 95 at some point)

"livivng longer than I had intended somthing must have gone wrong"

"This man said its gruesome, that someone so ugly should care"

Kuiper said:
For me I like the small touch of "complicated things of life"...

Truly. I can't think of one better than that; none of the others say so much with so little.

I like that live addition to Suedehead, 'It was because everything that I've done I wrote down on the wall'. Or 'everything that you've done', or whatever it is. On Beethoven Was Deaf he sings 'the wall' to sort-of sound like 'the Warhol' and I always get a weird image of him writing on a print or poster.

love, math+

Back
Top Bottom