Your favorite bootleg?

David

Mine has to be Morrissey: 1959-1986, good quality, great assortment of early and TQID songs. And it has "Jeane" and "These Things Take Time," so it's pretty unique. I was also a big fan of I'm a Poet, but I lost that one when my last computer crashed.

the smiths - thank your lucky stars

morrissey - my chance to shine

Thank your lucky stars:)

THANK MY LUCKY STARS
MERRY X-MAS

Recently spent £20.00 at Camden Market for a DVD of the Ally pally night and have relive tht magical evening several times since, so thats probably my favourite, great quality both visually and sound -wise.

Also would Like to say a huge public "Thank You" to a certain very kind fellow ( step forward Mr Chard !!) poster on this board who has been kind enough to copy and send me several DVDs over the past couple of months. Being something of a ignoramus when it comes to technology I'm indebbted to him for downloading some great stuff and being so kind to think of a fellow Moz fan.

After reading others views on this subject, I feel another visit to Camden Market coming on....

From the Smiths, I very much like Hull University 15/3/1984. Hull University isn't a top quality bootleg, but there's a reasonable amount of very humourous chatter from Moz and the songs were performed brilliantly.

Some other favourites are -

Apollo Theatre, Oxford 15/3/1985
Versailles, France 1/12/1984
Hanley Victoria Hall, Stoke-on-Trent 16/3/1985
Hacienda, Manchester 4/2/1983

The last one there features the famous line while introducing Handsome Devil:

"I repeat, the only thing to be in 1983 is handsome. Handsome Devil!"

That will forever be one of the dorkiest and most hilarious lines that ever came out of his mouth on stage.

"Leave him alone you...stupid idiot! Leave him!"

"Neanderthals. Fooking neanderthals!"

<333

"Leave him alone you...stupid idiot! Leave him!"

"Neanderthals. Fooking neanderthals!"

<333

LOL yes, that was great. :) :)

I was a bit disappointed at the Exit festival (even though I had a great time) because it wasn't possible to jump on stage. Someone later told me that there was one brave guy who tried to, but "in a moment, the security guards jumped on him and dragged him away - he was probably in the state to be rushed into ambulance after that" :eek: I wish Morrissey had reacted the same as he used to in 1986. :(

Probably the Civic Centre, Aylesbury, UK on the 6th of December 1999.

"Oh, I've got testicles, yes I've got two testicles..."

Back
Top Bottom