Morrissey Central "FRIDAY 26 JULY" (April 13, 2024)

full

On Friday 26 July, Warner Records will re-issue Morrissey's 1993 live in Paris album, Beethoven Was Deaf. The release is global, and the album will be available on CD, black vinyl, and orange vinyl.
The album originally reached #13 in England, but was not released in the U.S. The venue is the Zenith in Paris.

Two special event concerts are planned to launch the July release. Please watch this site for details. New sleeve above.

Beethoven Was Deaf to be reissued: https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/friday-26-july

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's really the album cover? Looks like he's stumbling home drunk and disheveled or maybe lurching out of bed the next morning.

The cover should be beautiful. That's the point of buying a physical copy. The cover should be a nice bit of artwork. Someone in the art dept must dislike him.

Haven't gone through all the pages so apologies if already mentioned....

It states the concert was recorded at the Zenith in Paris. I thought half was at the Zenith and the other half the Astoria in London?

Haven't gone through all the pages so apologies if already mentioned....

It states the concert was recorded at the Zenith in Paris. I thought half was at the Zenith and the other half the Astoria in London?
9 Paris.
7 London.
FWD.

I have the vinyl from back in the day and the photos (cover and gatefold) were taken from the concert. Why ruin the re-issue with a photo taken decades later with a different band. How can Warners be so stupid? The newer cover makes Moz look cranky and confused.

b3VbkpC6Hxh_pgcUOMx6sroFQfg4zdXcyfxTuulKrv9rpsfR4CjYPn6ruJgp7RmAkENUZ6FLqnZ5T_QNe_sauozJOAd3sPKJkBKL5UxqJYHQvdI
I also have the vinyl and I love that sleeve inside and out. A live album should display artwork from the actual event or at least that same decade. I'll buy it to support the very weak but hopeful notion that more sales will help the cause to get two unreleased albums unearthed from an early grave but this is bizarre.

Given that Moz has changed the cover art, maybe he should remove the guff about 'Live in Paris' as well - seeing as 7 of the 16 songs on the original version were recorded in London. :unsure:
Morrissey Live in Paris................................. and London.

Given the prices the original issue was commanding, the one positive may be people getting it far cheaper.
I never understood why it was marketed mainly as Paris. It opens with an Astoria track...
If there's enough interest, I'll resurrect this:
Which combines all the best sources for both gigs.
Regards,
FWD.

I love that it’s a concert photo rather than a posed one. His facial expression makes you wonder about what thought he was having at that moment. It looks real rather than photo shopped and more like mature Moz than boyish Moz, which makes it great. You can see the real person and the emotion he felt while singing. It’s wonderful news that he’s feeling well and making plans.

I simply can’t/won’t/don’t believe that’s the finalised sleeve. But then I said that when I first saw the Low in High School cover.

Given the prices the original issue was commanding, the one positive may be people getting it far cheaper.
I never understood why it was marketed mainly as Paris. It opens with an Astoria track...
If there's enough interest, I'll resurrect this:
Which combines all the best sources for both gigs.
Regards,
FWD.
yes, please.

Back
Top Bottom