Let's talk diets..

SouthpawGlamour

Slum Mum Peace Corps
So, I am on a diet trying to be less of a fat bastard, but it strikes me that my whole knowledge of food doesn't go beyond bacon, cheeseburgers and chips.

So, it's time for a real change.

Tell me about wholefoods, vegggie foods etc. But it has to be easy stuff.

So, I am on a diet trying to be less of a fat bastard, but it strikes me that my whole knowledge of food doesn't go beyond bacon, cheeseburgers and chips.

So, it's time for a real change.

Tell me about wholefoods, vegggie foods etc. But it has to be easy stuff.
Right, I use Rosemary Conley's Low Fat cook book, nice, quick easy food (and it has stuff like burgers and lasagna in it too) other than that, i suggest things like slow release carbs (chickpeas and pulses and stuff) and lean meat or fish for protein, lots of veggies to fill you up! Another thing I do is weigh all of the meat or pasta or rice or whatever before I cook it, there are guideline portion amounts on the side of most packs, and this stops me from over eating (in theory!) Good luck!

Right, I use Rosemary Conley's Low Fat cook book, nice, quick easy food (and it has stuff like burgers and lasagna in it too) other than that, i suggest things like slow release carbs (chickpeas and pulses and stuff) and lean meat or fish for protein, lots of veggies to fill you up! Another thing I do is weigh all of the meat or pasta or rice or whatever before I cook it, there are guideline portion amounts on the side of most packs, and this stops me from over eating (in theory!) Good luck!

Thanks! Weighing stuff is a good idea!

I eat a lot of salads, wheat bread, only drink water, tea (no sugar), or 2 percent milk. I also eat a bunch of veggies and pasta, and don't eat very much meat at all. My only problem is I have a sweettooth.

Believe me, I don't choose to eat this, but my medical condition limits me to certain things.

Thanks! Weighing stuff is a good idea!
That really helps, i am awful at diets, but I find by cutting down on portion sizes I can still eat things I like (within reason!) Another good thing is to spend some money on a good non stick frying pan, so you don't need to use as much oil to cook. I know you can buy loads of diet products, but most of them (like cheese) taste vile, it's better to get full fat stronger flavoure cheese and use less. Can you tell I've been on a lot of diets????? :D

i eat most of my food from trader joes. i have a lot of chicken salads. i cut out high fructose corn syrup and partially hydrogenated oils and eat 5 fruits and veggies a day. www.sparkpeople.com can help you maintain your diet, easy! i weigh a lot of things out and also pre baggie things so i have exact servings of stuff.

That really helps, i am awful at diets, but I find by cutting down on portion sizes I can still eat things I like (within reason!) Another good thing is to spend some money on a good non stick frying pan, so you don't need to use as much oil to cook. I know you can buy loads of diet products, but most of them (like cheese) taste vile, it's better to get full fat stronger flavoure cheese and use less. Can you tell I've been on a lot of diets????? :D

:D I lost weight but put it back on. I have put a non-stick pan on my list!

i eat most of my food from trader joes. i have a lot of chicken salads. i cut out high fructose corn syrup and partially hydrogenated oils and eat 5 fruits and veggies a day. www.sparkpeople.com can help you maintain your diet, easy! i weigh a lot of things out and also pre baggie things so i have exact servings of stuff.

Do you make the salads?

I eat a lot of salads, wheat bread, only drink water, tea (no sugar), or 2 percent milk. I also eat a bunch of veggies and pasta, and don't eat very much meat at all. My only problem is I have a sweettooth.

Believe me, I don't choose to eat this, but my medical condition limits me to certain things.

You're only a baby, why are you on a diet?:D

Diets are good if they work...but bad if they don't

Do you make the salads?

oh yeah really easy too. i buy a few bags of salad, TJ's frozen 'just grilled chicken strips'. i bag 3 oz of chicken up (each bag from the store has about 6 servings) and i have the big square rubbermaid food containers. I put at lesat 3 cups of salad in those, throw salad spritzer on it (10 cals per serving) and add chicken (after microwaving it, but you could let it thaw and eat it cold if you wanted).
sometimes i put tomatoes in but i really like the chicken it does the job of making the salad good. i'd just stay away from mayo based dressings and high fat cheeses or nuts on it.

:D I lost weight but put it back on. I have put a non-stick pan on my list!
Me too, in the past 10 years, I've lost and put on weight so many times! I kinda know I'm not meant to be thin though.

I'm on a diet too :D so I don't look too much of a whale on holiday later this year..

Atm I'm eating lots of fruit, yoghurt, nuts etc. Grilled meat, steamed veg, new potatoes... oh and bloody hideous Muesli for breakfast :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom