Let's talk diets..

salty corn chip delights

if you want to lose about 3lbs a week (which is realistic, according to my nutritionist), try this:

replace your breakfast and dinner with 2 cups of Special K Cereal. I eat mine with So Good fat free soy beverage, and 1 tsp of honey.

For lunch, try to eat whatever you want. Basically, for a guy, you can eat above 1000 calories/day and still lose weight. Try taking 2-3 snacks, each about 100 calories or less throughout the day. Drink LOTS of water ( 2 L or more...but not TOO much, you don't want to overhydrate yourself). Liquid calories are the worst, so make water your friend, and banish all sugary dinks. Orange juice does you more harm than good.

I lost about 20 lbs in month and a half. I was getting pudgy this winter, from inactivity and random binging.

Also, if you want effective results, do cardio workout 3 times a week, at least. Do high-strenght intervals for 30 seconds and 10 at easy pace....do about 30 min of exercise in every session for start, and don't forget to do strenght training as well as cardio.

and that is the pandora_cocteau easy fix it diet!

the only problem with special K, for me, is that it has high fructose corn syrup, there are other breakfast cereals you could use instead. i really like my high fiber cereal i get from trader joe's i am sure you could get a similar one at another health food grocery store. fiber helps with hunger too.

the only problem with special K, for me, is that it has high fructose corn syrup, there are other breakfast cereals you could use instead. i really like my high fiber cereal i get from trader joe's i am sure you could get a similar one at another health food grocery store. fiber helps with hunger too.

yeah, but fiber cereal like All Bran has SO many more calories. One cup of All Bran has about 180 calories, whereas 1 cup of Special K has less than a 100 calories. why do you mind corn syrup????

yeah, but fiber cereal like All Bran has SO many more calories. One cup of All Bran has about 180 calories, whereas 1 cup of Special K has less than a 100 calories. why do you mind corn syrup????

not true. My high fiber from TJ's is 90 calories per 3/4 cup which is a normal serving.
HFCS was invented in the 70s, is highly processed, and your body breaks it down differently (not in a good way) and is thought to be a factor in the acquisition of diabetes.

dont eat white flour AT ALL
or any HYDROGENATED OILS
dont eat meat.

have safe sex.
drink water.

eat a lot of cruciferous vegetables
eat a lot of leafy greeens.

do some yoga.
or get a weighted jump rope.

I said I wanted a healthy diet, not to become a gay:p

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously, look up "The Hacker's Diet" on Google. It's a 400+ page manual by a former CEO of Autodesk (or some similar software company) which is essentially a no-nonsense guide to dieting (i.e. consume fewer calories than you burn). I also read somewhere that good rule of thumb is that your daily calorie consumption should be your target weight (in avoirdupois pounds) x 15, so 160lbs => 2400 calories/day. I'd double-check that, though.

I'm on a gluten free diet - no wheat products, no bran, so that means no piza, no pasta, no bread, no cheese on toast, no steak and kidney pie, no macaroni cheese, no maple pancakes with syrup, no CAKE, no biscuits, no small Mr Kipling slices, no BLT on thick white Bloomer... AGH!!!!!...... :mad::(

And I have to GAIN weight? WTF am I suppoed to eat? (My doc said I was too thin)

Do you know how embarrasing it is to go into M&S and ask for trousers in my size, at 39 years old, and be directed to the CHILDRENS section:confused: lol

So I eat a lot of rice - here is a good meal I dicovered - Spagetti Bollognase, but with rice instead of the spagetti. My new favourite meal.

Back
Top Bottom