Morrissey Ringtone`

M

MuteWitness616

I tried downloading ringtones, off the "itsmorrisseyworld.com" website. However, I own a TMOBILE Sidekick LX, and I didn't receive the ringtone. Anyone else have this problem?

I tried downloading ringtones, off the "itsmorrisseyworld.com" website. However, I own a TMOBILE Sidekick LX, and I didn't receive the ringtone. Anyone else have this problem?

Have you tried making your own? That's what I do. Can you download things onto your phone from your computer? If so, I can tell you how to make your own.

Have you tried making your own? That's what I do. Can you download things onto your phone from your computer? If so, I can tell you how to make your own.

can you please!

Okay. Here goes! If you need any further help with it, let me know! :)

You'll need iTunes and a program called Audacity. You can get a free download here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Part One

In iTunes, choose the song that you want to turn into a ringtone.

Right click the song and select "Get Info."

Click the "Options" tab.

Check the "Start Time" box and enter the time for the part of the song you want as a ringtone.

Check the "Stop Time" box and enter the end time for the ringtone. 20 seconds is usually a good length for a ringtone. (I hope that makes sense - the Percocet is kicking in. :))

Click "OK."

Highlight the song and right click on the selection.

Click "Convert Selection to MP3."

That will create a separate MP3 for the snippet of the song that you chose.

To fine tune the ringtone and reduce it to 64 kbps, you'll need Audacity.

Part Two

Open Audacity.

Click "Edit" and then "Preferences."

For the "MP3 Export Setup" option, select "64" in the drop down box for Bit Rate. Then, click "OK."

Click "File" then "Open."

Find the snippet and double click it.

Click the "Play" button.

If the clip needs to be trimmed, highlight the area you want to keep and then click the "Trim Outside Selection" button.

Click the "Play" button again to listen to the clip.

Once you have it the way you want it, click "File."

Click "Export as MP3." I would recommend saving the ringtone to your desktop so that it's easy to find.

The ringtone is now ready to download onto your phone. :)

Back
Top Bottom