Morrissey's December Speech 2017 - SER / YouTube

41828_stateoftheunion_20171218.png

41827_stateoftheunion_20171218_2.png

(posted on SER's YT channel).

This is definitely a never seen before, direct to camera discussion from Moz.
Chart position, Der Spiegel, questioned by the American Secret Service as a result - possibly no free access to the US!?
"Whatever will be in 2018 will be..."
Regards,
FWD.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
You know when a person has taken lots of ballet classes by the way they stand so naturally in fourth position. She was admirable and it's clear she knew she was better than most.
They don't make them like Bette anymore. (And Baby Jane might be my favorite film.)

Here's a question.
If they did get together should they play old songs like a June box or should they work on new material?

Absolutely yes. That's what people want. My experience of being in a band is if you play what YOU want, the crowd get bored. Give them what they want. The hits. Let them dance.

BUT...

If this was the gateway to a new Smiths album - go ahead - do it, but make sure you play the hits, because that will be why people buy tickets.

Oh, and play "Well I Wonder" as the money-shot.

Good question. I have to think about that, but my knee jerk response is work on new material. HOwever they aren’t babies anymore so maybe the working chemistry wouldn’t work. I think Marr would have to sit down with Boz and Jesse and have a gossip sesh about how to work with him. Like maybe those two should hang around in the studio like working wingmen and be paid handsomely. I dunno how machismo works in the music world I’m just trying to think of problems that might arise since he’s obviously sensitive but he’s not THAT bad but i suspect it doesn’t take much to set him off and a Smiths reunion endevour is a goldmine.
Here's a question.
If they did get together should they play old songs like a June box or should they work on new material?

oh and believe me, I would love to help you with your ailments but you might be waiting a while as Morrissey just wears me out!

(teeheehee)

morrrissseeeyyy! let me be your nurse maid okay?! I cant think of any possible more fulfilling job for myself! I assure you I'm very pleasant and calm, just like a nurse maid should be! when you're sick in bed we could do crosswords together! ill even wait for you to get the answers!

Oh nurse Rifke, you are to kind!
By the way, did you already consider how to dress according to the occasion of taking care of Mozzers health situation as I know it is a delicate issue for Mozzer as well as you.

Would a traditional white nurse uniform suffice or is Mozzers allergic to that and could it have a negative effect on his wellbeing?

Don’t want to worry you but it might be something to think about and take apropiate measures.

So, I guess you are going to look into some more or less fashionable websites searching for a nurse uniform thinking about how Moz would like to see you dressed? ;)

Keep in mind THEY f***ING SUED HIM but if Morrissey could come back from that with a show of forgiveness while the world is literally falling apart, that’s some endtimez Jesus-y shit that’ll go over REAL WELL with the press. It’s literally what the music world is looking for. All their solo work will sell better. Marr would surely be on board for the vegetarian venue thing, i think it could work. They’d have to sit down with a mediator to hash out their grievances so a meltdown didn’t happen on tour. I dunno. I think it could work.
Absolutely yes. That's what people want. My experience of being in a band is if you play what YOU want, the crowd get bored. Give them what they want. The hits. Let them dance.

BUT...

If this was the gateway to a new Smiths album - go ahead - do it, but make sure you play the hits, because that will be why people buy tickets.

Keep in mind THEY f***ING SUED HIM but if Morrissey could come back from that bad show for forgiveness while the world is literally falling apart, that’s some endtimez Jesus-y forgiveness shit that’ll go over REAL WELL with the press. It’s literally what the music world is looking for. All their solo work will sell better. Marr would surely be in board for the vegetarian venue thing, i think it could work. They’d have to sit down with a mediator to hash out their grievances so a meltdown didn’t happen on tour. I dunno. I think it could work.

You are 100% right. What else is there to do?
He should be humble, contrite, stop thinking he's always right, get rid of the acolytes, APOLOGISE for his transgressions, and surge to greater glory, having been, as you say, forgiven. It's a total no-brainer.

The thing is Moz kept the Smiths-fire blazing all those years, he has the biggest profile, so it is really up to Johnny, Andy and Mike to be humble and approach him.

But I think Johnny blew his last chance of a Smiths-reunion last year.

No, he needs to first forgive Roarke and Joyce. Then he gets forgiven by the press. He has to be the catalyst forgiver though and i don’t see that happening if everyone keeps riding his goddam ass for little stupid shit that makes him super paranoid and on guard.
He should be humble, contrite, stop thinking he's always right, get rid of the acolytes, APOLOGISE for his transgressions, and surge to greater glory, having been, as you say, forgiven. It's a total no-brainer.

SO YOU THINK MOZ SHOULD STAND ON A STAGE AND PERFORM WITH A MAN WHO HAD AN INJUCTION TAKEN OUT ON HIS MOTHERS HOUSE.. COME ON, GET REAL.. BRGDS, MANC LAD

Some days i think Morrissey wants to take an injunction on his moms house. :straightface:
SO YOU THINK MOZ SHOULD STAND ON A STAGE AND PERFORM WITH A MAN WHO HAD AN INJUCTION TAKEN OUT ON HIS MOTHERS HOUSE.. COME ON, GET REAL.. BRGDS, MANC LAD

Good question. I have to think about that, but my knee jerk response is work on new material. HOwever they aren’t babies anymore so maybe the working chemistry wouldn’t work. I think Marr would have to sit down with Boz and Jesse and have a gossip sesh about how to work with him. Like maybe those two should hang around in the studio like working wingmen and be paid handsomely. I dunno how machismo works in the music world I’m just trying to think of problems that might arise since he’s obviously sensitive but he’s not THAT bad but i suspect it doesn’t take much to set him off and a Smiths reunion endevour is a goldmine.
Hi Crystal,
Great to be chatting with you again.
And yes, I think you outline the potential dynamics very succinctly.
Also, I agree about a reunion. It would be mighty.

Ok, Capital Man. You misunderstand need and circumstance. But you keep on being capital and all that.

BUT...

Yes to which one? Or do you mean yes to both?
New ones with liberal dosing of classics.
I listened to 'Well I Wonder' after your mention.
I hadn't heard it in yonks (and we all know how long a yonk is).
Pardon my french but a f***ing masterpiece. I hate to say it but better than any of his solo stuff.

oh and believe me, I would love to help you with your ailments but you might be waiting a while as Morrissey just wears me out!

(teeheehee)

morrrissseeeyyy! let me be your nurse maid okay?! I cant think of any possible more fulfilling job for myself! I assure you I'm very pleasant and calm, just like a nurse maid should be! when you're sick in bed we could do crosswords together! ill even wait for you to get the answers!

What about my lab?

You have no idea what you are talking about. They are all good people. Damon is a saint.

I know what I’m talking about. You don’t know jackshit. They are all scum. Damon is not a saint. Ask his babymom.

Could you and Urban work on using your gifts to assasinate our [our=United States of America] President [President=Donald Trump] with some [some=fatal] acute coronary thrombosis? Kthx.

I've been harsh on Charlie Cheswick here and I have no idea why. He is intelligent and well behaved and maybe it is this place that appeals to the devil in me.

I don't even hate his football club cause I miss them in the Premier League. Him and me could become the most feared murder machine who never laid a hand on anyone.

What about my lab?

Oh 12inch she can take care of your lab too, but if it would become to heavy and stressful for her I would give up my number 2 on the patientlist of nurse Rifke.
Animals come first and certainly your lab! Labs are so adorable and sweet. :love:

Also we’re talking about what’s good for Morrissey, not what’s good for the honor of his family.

Tags
low in high school info
Back
Top Bottom