Observation about "Southpaw"

I just listened to Southpaw on my mp3-player on the bus home from work and yes... I heard it too.

Believe me, I'm just as obsessive. If you watch the interviews in the beginning of the DVD "Who Put the M in Manchester," they interview an American couple who traveled from the States to be at the show. On the man's arm is a tattoo of boxing gloves, the same gloves that were featured on the "Greatest Hits" t-shirts being sold during the American leg of the tour. There is a rubber ring, I mean room for all of us!:)

I havent listened to Southpaw yet to hear the "help me" line...I'll do it later, BUT this does remind me of the fact that in "Hand in Glove" I just discovered maybe 5 months ago that he says "kiss my shades." I never noticed it before, but he does kinda mumble it, so it IS hard to hear...

I don't want to frighten anybody, but:
If you really want to hear what's at the end of this track, you have to 'play it in reverse', either using some audio editing software or record to reel-2-reel and wind it backwards by hand. Jimmy Page got into all sorts of trouble over 'this type of thing'. I'm surprised no-one's noticed before. Or maybe I'm just 'hallucinating Pluto' / being very silly as Midnight approaches and I've had one too many intoxicating beverages. But, I'm sure I hear some kind of 666 type 'message'. Am I insane? Let me answer that for you: Yes! Say It Loud! I'm a 'nut-job' and Proud..... y'all!

I don't want to frighten anybody, but:
If you really want to hear what's at the end of this track, you have to 'play it in reverse', either using some audio editing software or record to reel-2-reel and wind it backwards by hand. Jimmy Page got into all sorts of trouble over 'this type of thing'. I'm surprised no-one's noticed before. Or maybe I'm just 'hallucinating Pluto' / being very silly as Midnight approaches and I've had one too many intoxicating beverages. But, I'm sure I hear some kind of 666 type 'message'. Am I insane? Let me answer that for you: Yes! Say It Loud! I'm a 'nut-job' and Proud..... y'all!

Actually I remember reading someone pointed out about this "help me" voice before.
I haven't checked it yet though.

Hmm, backmasking... Just had to check wikipedia for it and was rather amused to see Britney Spears mentioned in the article :rolleyes:
Got me quite curious, actually.

Well the 'No Dad' is much more easy to confirm. While it's buried in the mix of the actual studio single recording (I believe it's actually only Suggs backing vocals of 'No Dad' that survive in the released single on the fade) any possible doubts are removed by the leaked 'full length' unreleased version, complete with Morrissey's full 'No Dad - I won't be home tomorrow' coda, and the fact that if you listen to any live recording you'll hear he normally still sings the 'No Dad' bit at the end.

With the best will and headphones in the world I still can't hear 'Help Me' in Southpaw though! :)

Does anyone have that full length unreleased version? (on megaupload, if possible) I would love to hear it!

Hmm, backmasking... Just had to check wikipedia for it and was rather amused to see Britney Spears mentioned in the article :rolleyes:
Got me quite curious, actually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backmasking

Morrissey's been dissing NME by 'backmasking' for years, but he's not authorized anyone to disclose where.
'Southpaw' is just a 'clue'.
As he says: "Why don't you find out for yourself":
"I've been stabbed in the back so many many times
I don't have any skin but that's just the way it goes...."

I would have thought it's always been obvious Britney was in league with The Devil. ALL of her audio hits are full of backmasking.She's also now backmasking her video, here's the evidence:
First watch her performance on the MTV VMA's in Vegas? I know it's asking a lot but if you stick with it, at the end you get the amazing Sarah Sliverman comedy skit:Which pushed Britney 'over the edge'.Again

http://www.sumo.tv/watch.php?video=3015264

Now, watch the same one, with the 'backmasking' decoded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlrJ02yNxNo

No further evidence, Your Honour!

PS: I've posted a video on YouTube called 'Leave Morrissey Alone!'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc&feature=related

Back
Top Bottom