Scott Rodger (Maverick) leaks Morrissey information and email re: Bonfire / Miley via X (October 17, 2023)

There's been drama!

20231017_090414.jpg

20231017_090437.jpg

IMG_20231017_085912.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
Oh dear, this really is a new Moz low, all this because Hannah Montana won't let him ride her coat tales. All the slagging off of Capitol when he knew they couldn't release it on pain of Columbia lawyers getting involved. When he can have it back at any time just give them back what they paid as an advance. Mily cyrus? really? need to be hitched to Mily Cyrus? Jesus wept, dignity?

bang on que, FiDo and Marianne are out in support of M and deflecting away from the truth - he’s lied again.
What will it take some people? Defending the indefensible. Let’s hope no unsavoury stories about M ever get presented. Be interesting to see what crap they come out with.
Der Spiegel all over again 🥴

Each to their own.

My view is that Quarry was Morrissey's last outstanding album, though Ringleader and Years were both good or great.

Everything since then, to me, has just seemed half arsed and small time. The lyrics are uninspired, the artwork is appalling, the management of his career has been an absolute circus. It's just all very sad.

It’s almost like once he hit 50 he just thought “f*** it” and went into self destruct mode.
I don't rate Quarry at all. Bar a few songs, it's his least interesting album of all time. I do not get the hype for that album. Sure at the time we'd waited out seven years so anything was bound to be celebrated but now?

He never takes responsibility for anything.

Sacking people? Get someone else to break the news, whether it's Johnny Marr, Boz or whoever.

Cancelled shows? Do it on a whim, often with no explanations and to hell with the fans who have made travel arrangements at great expense.

His dispute with Capitol? This stems from him blabbing about Miley's involvement (something he was specifically told not to do) and then moaning about Capitol not releasing the album, even though he is well aware that they literally cannot release it for legal reasons. He makes out like it's a vindictive decision on Capitol's part, which we all know now to be complete bullshit.

Everything is always someone else's fault. Never his.

Morrissey's problem is this. He pushes, pushes and pushes people until breaking point, and when he (quite understandably) gets some heat back in his direction he plays the victim. Every single time.

A grown man of twenty five sixty four.
All good points and all things I can't stand in anyone let alone Morrissey. But then again Morrissey has very little to do with my life so his impact is minimal personality wise.

Last edited:
The touring is not going fine.

He's in smaller venues.

He's getting bad or no press.

Shows have been cancelled & no information - or ridiculous information - is given to the press & public.

A vile organisation has been allowed to raise money using his tickets for 2 years running - which has disgusted American journalists & activists.

He came incredibly close to venues & festivals boycotting him & his tour manager did f*** all to prevent it.

He can rip his blog off the internet in seconds when it makes him look bad but Morrissey's train wreck social media - which he has access to - stays online.

Two musicians walked out because of him.

Despite putting his email on the internet twice as the person acting as Morrissey's manager he is entirely unable to provide the press with any kind of clear response when a scandal hits.

And there's worse....
Best post I’ve read on the matter. 😊

Didn't he say at one point that she'd fallen out with someone in his circle?? I wonder who that was if the end result was that he can't contact her? If he believes that her wishes would supersede that of her management, then surely direct contact would make sense?

“In truth, Miley has backed off for reasons unconnected to me, having had a major clash with a key figure in ‘the circle.’ I cannot give any details about the private fight because … it is private, after all.”
-Moz, Jan 2023

Oh dear, this really is a new Moz low, all this because Hannah Montana won't let him ride her coat tales. All the slagging off of Capitol when he knew they couldn't release it on pain of Columbia lawyers getting involved. When he can have it back at any time just give them back what they paid as an advance. Mily cyrus? really? need to be hitched to Mily Cyrus? Jesus wept, dignity?
The Morrissey of yesteryear wouldn’t have jettisoned his career to curry favour with the latest lockjaw pop star.

It’s the equivalent of the Morrissey of the Quarry era falling out with his label because they won’t release a song he did with Christina Aguleira.

This drama was caused by Central & Superfans.

All of which Donnie Knutson could do something about.

But doesn't.

Creative people are often crazy - part of management's job is smoothing that over not aggravating it.

This drama was caused by Central & Superfans.

All of which Donnie Knutson could do something about.

But doesn't.

Creative people are often crazy - part of management's job is smoothing that over not aggravating it.
Anyone employed by Morrissey who wants the $ to keep rolling in seems required to tell him what he wants to hear as opposed to what he needs to hear.

And so we have the present, erm, situation.

In the end, Morrissey is to blame. He is notoriously thin-skinned and nobody in his employment is therefore able to speak their mind, lest they be banished from Morrisseyland.

If he had someone around him with the balls to tell him “you’re being a dick” and if he had the grace to accept such critiques then it would do wonders for his career.

I wonder what his sister makes of it all. Or Linder. Or Chrissie Hynde. Or Boz.

Why would Roger the Dogger share these private emails on social media , what is in it for him?

Should Capital not have a contractual obligation to keep such emails private.

If I leaked such data from my.employer I would be fired.
Does he work for Capitol? I’m confused. Was he not Moz’s manager?

Anyone employed by Morrissey who wants the $ to keep rolling in seems required to tell him what he wants to hear as opposed to what he needs to hear.

And so we have the present, erm, situation.

In the end, Morrissey is to blame. He is notoriously thin-skinned and nobody in his employment is therefore able to speak their mind, lest they be banished from Morrisseyland.

No.

There are a lot of things going wrong that Morrissey wouldn't need to hear.

And a lot of bullshit he appears to have been told.

And this kind of epic clusterf*** didn't happen before Donnie came on the scene.

Donnie suggested to a bodyguard that David could be harmed, he didn't believe Kirsteen had an allergy, there was an argument with a band about sound at a venue...

So, much shit that can't just be the talent flapping about. As they do.

He works for Quest or Maverick, whatever the name of the management company is.
So that means he was essentially Morrissey's manager, right? I read he's Paul McCartney's manager. Why does he care that fans might blame Capitol over the BOT non release? If he doesn't work for them?

Back
Top Bottom