tell us about the last Film you saw

Re: tell us about the last Film you saw.

You didn't say it to yourself...

Yes I did! Hahaha. I remember very clearly. I said some variation of "She's going to get hit!" or "She's going to get run over". And when she did, I said "See I told you!" Trying to call me out, making me look like a fool... This is funny, coming from someone who can't even stay awake for a thirty minute show, not to mention a full length movie!

I watched Kung Fu Panda with my son. What can I say about this movie? It's fun but it probably does not deserve to be watched ten or more times like I have done. These viewings are part and parcel with endless questions which eventually all get answered with the phrase, "No more questions, please just watch the movie"

Yay Po!

Yes I did! Hahaha. I remember very clearly. I said some variation of "She's going to get hit!" or "She's going to get run over". And when she did, I said "See I told you!" Trying to call me out, making me look like a fool... This is funny, coming from someone who can't even stay awake for a thirty minute show, not to mention a full length movie!

Hahahahaha, I was saying you didn't say it to YOURSELF! I know you said it.

GOD :tears:

"Career Girls"

Loves it.

butimacheerleadernu7.jpg

Just watched But, I'm A Cheerleader outta the DVR tonight. It tells a tale about Megan (Natasha Lyonne), a 17-year old girl who loves cheerleading and goes steady with a popular high school football player. While going steady, she does not enjoy being kissed and prefers to think about her fellow cheerleaders. Combining with her interests of vegetarianism, Melissa Etheridge, and naked pics of women, Megan's friends and family suspect that Megan might be a lesbian. With the support of an ex-gay, everybody surprises her with an intervention. Afterwards, Megan ends up being sent to True Directions, a 5-step program that transforms the campers from homosexuals into heterosexuals.

butimacheerleadernu7.jpg

Just watched But, I'm A Cheerleader outta the DVR tonight. It tells a tale about Megan (Natasha Lyonne), a 17-year old girl who loves cheerleading and goes steady with a popular high school football player. While going steady, she does not enjoy being kissed and prefers to think about her fellow cheerleaders. Combining with her interests of vegetarianism, Melissa Etheridge, and naked pics of women, Megan's friends and family suspect that Megan might be a lesbian. With the support of an ex-gay, everybody surprises her with an intervention. Afterwards, Megan ends up being sent to True Directions, a 5-step program that transforms the campers from homosexuals into heterosexuals.

It's one of my favorite films ever! I know parts of it by heart :)

just looking back on this page, I see a lot of you have been seeing some films I really enjoyed, keep up the good work :thumb:
anyways, I've seen a lot of films since I last posted to this thread, but I will just give the from this week:
v26116hgtoq.jpg

saw this on the recommendation of someone who I really cannot remember :confused:
but I liked it :eek:
next
Whip_it.jpg

a must see for any Ellen Page worshippers :bow: & its a pretty gosh darn good directorial debut by Drew Barrymore :guitar:
then because I watched that, I went home and watched
Junoposter2007.jpg

what can I say, I loved it in 07, I still adore it now
well, somewhere around here I have her only film from 08 "Smart People"
maybe I will get that in before work tonight..

Saw The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus today.
It was good and the changes between Heath Johnny Jude and Colin were pretty seamless and made sense within the story. Ended on a bit of a random note but otherwise very good :).

I've just finished watchin' a couple of movies throughout the night.

91037d1252246864-lori-petty-tank-girl-764.jpg

The first movie I've watched was Tank Girl. As being loosely based on the British comic of the same name, it tells a chilling and bizarre tale which takes place in the year 2033 A.D. during the aftermath of a comet hitting earth and water becomes very scarce and the earth has become a wasteland, which means there hasn't been rain for about 10 years. The patroganist Tank Girl (a.k.a. Rebecca) is a member of an outlaw group that has established their own water well in a basement of a house. Most of the water has been dictated by none other than the evil Kesslee, the CEO of Water & Power (W&P) that is run by the "Rippers."

27dresses.jpg

The second movie that I JUST finished watching was 27 Dresses, a heart-warming romantic comedy, starring Katherine Heigl. This film is about Jane Nichols, who has been a bridesmaid for "27" weddings and has a deep obsession for a collection of "27" various bridesmaid dresses. Meanwile, Jane's younger sister Tess comes home and falls in love with Jane's boss. Tess falls madly in love with George (Jane's boss), that they try to plan a wedding together, much to Jane's dismay. Jane must do something to reveal the truth of her younger sister.

Defiance-1.jpg

I thought it was great. It's based on a true story, tho I had never heard of the Bielski brothers. Color me dumbfounded and in awe.

On the run and hiding in the deep forests of the then German occupied Poland and Belorussia (World War II), the three Bielski brothers find the impossible task of foraging for food and weapons for their survival. They live, not only with the fear of discovery, contending with neighboring Soviet partisans and knowing whom to trust but also take the responsibility of looking after a large mass of fleeing Polish Jews from the German war machine. Women, men, children, the elderly and the young alike are all hiding in makeshift homes in the dark, cold and unforgiving forests in the darkest times of German occupied Eastern Europe.

diving-bell-posterbig.jpg

I just finished watching The Diving Bell And the Butterfly, a film based on heartbreaking true story of Jean-Dominique Bauby, a well-known French journalist and the editor to the French edition of ELLE magazine, who suffered a severe stroke in 1995, which left him paralyzed and diagnosed with the rare "locked-in" syndrome until his death from pneumonia at the age of 44 on March 9, 1997. Remarkable and very moving!

'A Single Man'
Directed by Tom Ford (yes, that Tom Ford), starring Colin Firth, Julianne Moore and Nicholas Hoult.
A beautiful, beautiful film; to look at, to feel, to listen to. Firth should get the Oscar come February. 99 minutes of cinematic perfection. Weeping like a child as the credits rolled.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

I just got back from the new Michael Morre documentary; "Capitalism: A Love Story." It was pretty good. I'm not a Moore-groupie, by any means, but it was insightful, and I think it's a subject that needs to be addressed. I like that he's fianally talking about capitalism itself, the heart of the problem. We need to realize that what we're seeing aren't random quirks or fluctuations caused by some specific agents, not that that is entirely untrue or that people shouldn't be held accountable, but fundamentally, it's a systemic problem; namely, that the system IS the problem.

BEETLEJUICE.jpg

Haven't seen this film since I was a kid! Yeah, I just watched Beetlejuice tonight outta the DVR. It's about a dead couple who became ghosts to haunt their own house, a big, old-fashioned house that overlooks the fictional village of Winter Rivers, Connecticut. When a yuppie family arrives from New York City to move into the house, the ghosts looks for help from an obnoxious "bio-exorcist" name Betelgeuse in order to frighten away the new residents.

Saw The Fantastic Mr Fox last night, loved it! George Clooney voicing Mr Fox was great and it was beautiful to lok at and very funny :thumb:.

Just watched the very excellent In Bruges - Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson play two hitmen who are sent to Bruges after a hit goes tragically wrong. Excellent performances from all, especially Farrell in this black comedy that features some fantastic dialogue and tons of swearing, great writing and direction by Martin McDonagh. This film delivers on all levels, has a really haunting piano score, absolute dead-pan comedy and definitely gets my vote.

"They're filming midgets"

200px-In_bruges_post.jpg

I love this film, definately one of my all time faves!

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom