What would you do if Morrissey would die tomorrow?

What would you do if Morrissey died tomorrow?

• Total voters
Ok, here's what's really weird:

I hadn't read these forums for a few days until tonight.

Earlier today at work, a girl I work with found out I was a big Morrissey fan.

She was really interested, and the first -- first -- thing she said was, "Oh, wow, I knew a girl in college who swore she'd kill herself if Morrissey died."

I told her how weird I thought that was, and she told me she constantly tried to talk the girl out of having those types of thoughts, by telling her he could get 'hit by a bus tomorrrow' and that she shouldn't live her life based on that (obsessing over it daily, apparently).

Weeeeeiiiiiiiird, eh?

none (of those rather lame options)

Well, it's cause I'm generally lame. Sorry Poco ;) (Do you really think killing yourself is a lame option? I thought it was rather disturbing to add that one)
So what would YOU do? I suppose nothing lame... :)

This is something I actually pondered to myself fairly recently. I have never been so much "in love" with an artists music as I am with Morrissey and I really do believe it has helped improve my life more than anything else, giving me strength to be alone and happiness with my situation. I also liked Queen a lot back in the days and when Freddie Mercury died, I did cry, but it wasn't that bad (although I still get a bit choked up when I listed to "It's a Beautiful Day" from their final album). I also loved Nirvana, and when Kurt Cobain died, I cried and felt slightly empty for about a day, but with Moz, I think I would feel the same as if one of my best friends or a family member that I actually liked died. I'd be devastated that there would be no more insightful songs that fitted my life/views from him and I think, for the first time in my life, I'd actually do something crazy, like go and join up with other people who felt the same - so yes, I would be in Manchester with the gladioli, though on this occassion, lillies would be more appropriate as they are associated with death, and Oscar Wilde's favourite flower, so Morrissey would appreciate that.

It has to happen eventually, but I hope not for a good while yet, though we must always be prepared - "living longer than I had intended; something must have gone wrong"!

Anyway, ultimately, he will always live on as we will continue to play his music, talk about him and introduce future generations to his wisdom.

Life is a circle - it never really ends... more's the pity.

be upset.

still play the cds & tapes.

get on with my life!

Do you think they'd have to stick concrete on top of him to stop some loony digging him up for souvenirs, like they did Elvis, or stealing him wholesale, like they did Charlie Chaplin?

I rather wish I hadn't had that thought....... :(

I'd probably be down in the dumps for a while, I'd be saddened, but life most go on...

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
(Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!

I'd die...

(not literally but metaphorically...

...and now he's all I see, as the light fades).

Never-Played Symphonies pun ftw.

I'd cry for weeks, listening to his songs
d050.gif

exactly, what else?

I remember a guy in my school who tried to commit suicide after Kurt Cobain died ... bet he feels pretty ashamed of that now!

I knew a boy who tried to hang himself after Ian Curtis died. I don't think it was his first attempt at suicide (which is a fairly awful state of affairs in a bright, funny, if slightly morbid boy of 14). I think it was more like Curtis' demise somehow gave him a prompt, permission, even, to make another attempt. A sweet kid; I 'll wager he's not still above ground. :(

When the Mozfather has passed away...

I was browsing thru posts as it suddenly stroke me how it will be when he decides to die. Will he get a Cobain-style cult (there's a large one, sin't it?) or will he just be mourned by his devout fans? Will there be any significant change at all for music. Is he going to be left forgotten on Peré Lachaise in Paris or as an othersider next to Monroe?

And how will his music be remebered, as the seed to the emo plague and 'Wonderwall'?
"His work will be drowned in nostalgia and the remaining part of The Smiths will reuinte for their last tour - 'That Joke Was Funny But Not Anymore'".

Hope that this is my letter before putting him down or something;) .
Sorry Kewpie if I've missed an old thread about this.

Cheers

Re: When the Mozfather has passed away...

Just like everyone else, for the first six months after he dies he'll be the greatest singer the world had ever known and Kill Uncle will be a great, great album that somehow 99& of the population foolishly overlooked back in '91 etc etc.

And then everyone who didn't care before will forget about him.

There are things I don't want to think about, this is one. So no...
There is no such thing as death, There is no such thing as death, There is no such thing as death, There is no such thing as death, There is no such thing as death...and if there is, then there's no such thing as Morrissey's death. And in that I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom