"World Peace Is None Of Your Business" single (digital download) released (May 13, 2014)

Re: Article: "World Peace Is None Of Your Business" single (digital download) released (May 13, 2014

I'm not sure what sounds worse. Cats being strangled or Jesse's guitar playing on this song. Is there even a difference?

Anyone else wondering why the deluxe version is only $12.99? Regular version only $9.99 So for $3 you get 6 more songs

Re: Article: "World Peace Is None Of Your Business" single (digital download) released (May 13, 2014

Anyone else wondering why the deluxe version is only $12.99? Regular version only $9.99 So for $3 you get 6 more songs

It's because Morrissey likes to rip off his fans... :rolleyes:

I'm loving the studio version, although I think I prefer Jesse's guitar solo live.

Also assuming the 3 singles over 3 weeks rumour is true. I wonder if he'll play 'Istanbul' tonight or at one of the other gigs this week before it's made avalible for download next week.

Yes this is more like it. The production is awesome. Thank goodness he didn't go back to Tony Visconti, who was trying his best to be the producer as well.
This seems like a bright new future. Viva Morrissey.

We knew Visconti had to go when we heard his comments at the end of "KAL" on the Studio Sessions videotape.

best wishes
Sharon

There is just the smallest hint of "My Life is a Succession of People Saying Goodbye" in the dreamy sort of nature of the song I'm finding. I am really not minding it after a dozen or so listens. I mean I have a feeling when all is said and done it will probably be one of my least favourites on the album, but its nice. I can't get over the production thought; it really is sublime!

Some may like it. Many do. It's all down to personal taste. I find it plodding, one-dimensional, and uninspiring. Not a quantum leap in quality.

P.

I will admit it the studio version sounds much better than the live offerings so far - but, as Peter said above, it is very lackluster and says nothing to me about my life. I miss the songs that had that magic melody/lyrics combination that made me yearn to hear it again and again. The songs that made me quote the lyrics and made me relate and feel encouraged.

p.s. I do enjoy the "Oh you fool" parts of the song

I think it's a solid song.

It has some catchy vocal melodies that I like.

I think it's much better than PATSE/AIMMN/TKAL.

I don't think I will ever call this one of my favourites but it won't be near the bottom of my list.

7/10

I think it's a solid song.

It has some catchy vocal melodies that I like.

I think it's much better than PATSE/AIMMN/TKAL.

I don't think I will ever call this one of my favourites but it won't be near the bottom of my list.

7/10

It is 10/10

'World Peace Is None of Your Business' is currently sitting at Number 47 in the UK music dowload charts.

I know it's very plebian to equate the sound of one song to another, but I like the trilly/reverby guitar at the end which seems like a nod to the intro of I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday. That gets lost live, so does the outtro with him echoing in a distant hall, you can't hear that at all live. I love this song.

i find it quite fantastic,
the lyrics, i find.... ok, but it doesnt reflect my opinion (as his recent UKIP-interview which was horrifying to me), thats the only "problem" I may have with it. as long as he doesnt go into full john-lydon-grandpa mode, its ok... (before morrissey, i was listening to the sex pistols/pil 10 years straight, I wouldnt survive another let-down)
the melodies, the production, the band - fine, or even fantastic to me, better than all of YOR and most of ROTT (except you have killed me and far off places) - im quite relieved I like it

i also like jesses playing here, its a bit evil, but not too noisy, very good.
also, usually, i dont like matt walkers drumming, but here it works (at least no drum-rolls).
production, to me, is the best since VAUXHALL/BONA DRAG.

oh, the intro, i dont really get it. its not in rhythm and really feels like an intro to another song. its not annoying, but it doesnt add much for me.

so the only real "minus" are the lyrics maybe

overall 7-8/10, which I am so happy about

Last edited:

I like it. Admittedly, I was worried a bit with the live versions, but the studio/production is quite well done. The transition in the beginning is a bit awkward, although I like what is happening in the beginning, it just jumps into the lyric, it's odd. It kind of ends the same way with Jesse's solo near the end. Doesn't seem like it quite fits. The 'actual' solo is kind of odd placed in this song.

Overall, I like it, nice job Mozzer. And people, I'm 40 years old (hence, brain doesn't work as well) and have been a fan for 2o plus years, can we stop the all caps for the songs?! I know all the songs but it takes me longer to figure out what song you're referring too! Just type, "The kids.." it's faster than hitting all caps and quotations marks!!!

Viva Chicago!

I like Jesse's solo. It reminds me of the Viva hate/Bona drag era. I like this fragile pop guitar sound and I hope it stays in the rest of the album, other than YOR's poor radio guitar sound.

I like Jesse's solo. It reminds me of the Viva hate/Bona drag era. I like this fragile pop guitar sound and I hope it stays in the rest of the album, other than YOR's poor radio guitar sound.

Nice try, Jesse. Go back to your hole! Nobody likes you!

udY5yeT.png

ok, i just came back from a walk, listening to "world peace" with earphones on repeat, and....
maybe im a bit over the top now, but... im in love with it, i really am

a) the production, technically, is very lillywhite, very bold, FAR superior to the last three efforts, and everything i hoped for
b) the production, artistically, reminds me of VIVA HATE / BONA DRAG, which is everything i hoped for
c) the intro... i still dont like the transition, but the intro itself is fine
d) the lyrics... still just ok, mostly (but still morrissey, which is appearently enough for me)
e) singing style, overall style - see b) i compared it to all his albums, and also viva hate, bona drag, are the only ones where it would immediately fit, i could imagine it next to "ordinary boys", and, dare i say, i would prefer this one... also, such a little thing comes to my mind, which is one of my favorites, and the drumming on bona drag is still the very best (2nd is spencer, sorry walker)
f) the drumming: as i said, i dont like the walker drumming usually, its just there, but doesnt add magic to the songs, but it does here: over the jesse-solo, its really really good, thats the first time, i feel that way about his drumming
g) the guitar seems quite ok to me (and im a snob, concerning guitar-sound), the solo fits perfectly with the drumming, i like it very much (thank god, its not a boring rock-solo) - generally, theres texture for the first time in a while, it just doesnt seem so lazy anymore. (maybe still not alain, but its still good) -
h) whatever it is, that boz is playing, it fits and sounds beautifully
i) everything, starting from "each time you vote" is brilliant to me.

z) i love that song. thank you, sir, thank you, band...... if the album is not totally different to this one, it will be one of my favorite morrissey-albums

Last edited:

ok, i just came back from a walk, listening to "world peace" with earphones on repeat, and....
maybe im a bit over the top now, but... im in love with it, i really am

a) the production, technically, is very lillywhite, very bold, FAR better than the last three, and everything i hoped for
b) the production, artistically, reminds me of VIVA HATE / BONA DRAG, which is everything i hoped for
c) the intro... i still dont like the transition, but the intro itself is fine
d) the lyrics... still just ok, mostly (but still morrissey, which is appearently enough for me)
e) singing style, overall style - see b) i compared it to all his albums, and also viva hate, bona drag, are the only ones where it would immediately fit, i could imagine it next to "ordinary boys", and, dare i say, i would prefer this one... also, such a little thing comes to my mind, which is one of my favorites, and the drumming on bona drag is still the very best (2nd is spencer, sorry walker)
f) the drumming: as i said, i dont like the walker drumming usually, its just there, but doesnt add magic to the songs, but it does here: over the jesse-solo, its really really good, thats the first time, i feel that way about his drumming
g) the guitar seems quite ok to me (and im a snob, concerning guitar-sound), the solo fits perfectly with the drumming, i like it very much
h) whatever it is, that boz is playing, it fits and sounds beautifully

z) i love that song! thank you, sir, thank you, band

I'm with this...

Back
Top Bottom