Years of Refusal postponed

Don't you think that you've about gotten enough mileage from the Jerry Finn thing? I think it's really low to use the someone's health problems as a tool to attempt to troll the board. Also, while you're pretending to be so sensitive, you might want to reconsider your use of the word "spastic". :rolleyes:

Use of the word "spastic"? Eh??? I've been using that word since pre-school.
Oh, wait, I forgot. You're one of those ultra-PC types who looks for reasons to be offended.

I don't know what you're on with your "mileage from the Jerry Finn thing". As numerous commenters on the main page stories noted, the obvious reason for the delay in the album is Jerry Finn's hospitalization. I don't know how mentioning that in my message in this thread is "trolling the board," but you're the expert on trolling boards as you were banned from a Morrissey board for being a troll. Perhaps you're such a troll that you see trolling in others when it is not there? If you can explain to me in what way, shape, or form my message offering the exact same theory for the album delay as numerous other forum members is "trolling," please do so. If Finn's hospitalization is not why the album's delayed, the only thing I can think of besides that is marketing strategies. I certainly don't think Morrissey would be making a "version 2.0" of the album because some suit at the label thought it wasn't commercial enough, or whatever, and I certainly don't think an anonymous commenter on the main page was speaking from anywhere but his ass. But, yeah, I guess the album was delayed because of the fall of the dollar vs the euro, and the commenter on the main page who posted that was not the troll, but I am the big troll so ban me now.

Oh, in your reply, please bring up more things I've allegedly done on private web cam to people who chose to view my prviate web cam, completely unrelated to any message board or anything any SoLow Terms of Service applies to, as if that "proves" what a troll I am. You're the one who's been banned from a Morrissey message board for trolling, not me.

Last edited:
Before we start to panic about the album being postponed due to its possible lack of quality, lets not forget that Vauxhall & I was also due to be released in the autumn of 1993 before being put back to March (I think) 1994.

There could be any number of reasons for this (artwork not ready, Jerry Finn's illness, Morrissey himself just wanting to put things back a few months before embarking on the inevitable promotional effort) so let's just keep a level head.

And on the topic of THPGU being on the album, I'm pretty sure it won't be and that Boz was either mis-quoted or mis-spoke. Seeing as the song was produced by Visconti and the album is produced by Finn, the indications are that it won't be (unless they re-recorded it, which seems unlikely).

So this 'Billboard' story by Jonathan Cohen, is this the first time that Jerry Finn's hospitalisation has been confirmed ? I thought his family were not wanting it to be known.

There could be any number of reasons for this (artwork not ready, Jerry Finn's illness, Morrissey himself just wanting to put things back a few months before embarking on the inevitable promotional effort) so let's just keep a level head.

According to some guy who at one point in his life sunk so low as to work for minimum wage at a K-Mart, I cannot post on this topic without being a "troll." But I agree with you.

And on the topic of THPGU being on the album, I'm pretty sure it won't be and that Boz was either mis-quoted or mis-spoke. Seeing as the song was produced by Visconti and the album is produced by Finn, the indications are that it won't be
Someone asked Boz after the interview and he said it would be on. Also, THPGU was produced by Jerry Finn.
(unless they re-recorded it, which seems unlikely).
Yes unlikely but would be interesting. :p:rolleyes:

Also, if it is on the album, and the album is released Jan 09, that would make it nearly a year between single release and it appearing on the album...seriously, what is the logic??

http://www.exclaim.ca/articles/generalarticlesynopsfullart.aspx?csid1=115&csid2=844&fid1=32837

up-1morrissey.jpg

Morrissey Takes His Time, Delays New Album
8/7/2008 By Brock Thiessen

Bad news Morrissey fans: the Mozzer is postponing his upcoming album, Years of Refusal. His new record was originally due out next month, but the songwriter’s publicist says things are now on hold, giving no word on a possible new release date.

Refusal was being produced by Jerry Finn, who also was at the boards for Morrissey's 2004 album You are the Quarry. In July, Finn suffered a severe brain haemorrhage and is still in an L.A. hospital. However, in Billboard’s initial report, they were unclear as to whether Finn’s unexpected illness was the reason behind the delay.

Years of Refusal will mark Morrissey's first studio album since 2006’s Ringleader of the Tormentors, which has sold 98,000 copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan. (This number is considered good, right?)

In other Moz news, plans are still underway for a reissue of Morrissey's 1995 album Southpaw Grammar, which will come sporting three previously unreleased tracks and new artwork, but again, no street date

Use of the word "spastic"? Eh??? I've been using that word since pre-school.
Oh, wait, I forgot. You're one of those ultra-PC types who looks for reasons to be offended.

Erm, it's pretty widely seen to be offensive actually.
Just because you've used a word for years doesn't mean you still should - especially when there are countless other words you could've used.

Back
Top Bottom