Atlanta, GA - Fox Theatre (Oct. 12, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Alma Matters / Girlfriend In A Coma / I Wish You Lonely / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / How Soon Is Now? / Half A Person / Let Me Kiss You / Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way? / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm.

Last edited:
In Dublin it was 45 mins of music videos/snippets. Went on FOREVER. Kind of a cheapo solution really. I assume it's the exact same for the tour.
It was the same in Portsmouth and towards the end there was a lot of groaning with each clip that started. It was the one part which the audience didn't totally love. It'd be nice if he shortened it a little bit, and even nicer if there was a support act. It seemed like the two in Leeds on the last tour went down well.

Last edited:
Almost never. Not anymore, anyway. Only very rarely does Morrissey ever include an opening act these days. It's been this way for the better part of a decade now.

Kristeen Young was his once his permanent regular opener. She was the warm up act for every show and every tour, for years, years ago. But eventually they had a falling out and Moz never replaced her spot.

His infamous video montages, were once played in between Kristeen and Moz, is now the only thing to be seen before Morrissey and his band take to the stage.

Although, every so often, for a rare special occasion, concert, or venue, or for reasons this audience will never be privy to, Moz will surprise us all and choose to include a opener. Personally I have seen Interpol and Blondie open for him in NYC since Kristeen Young was given the boot. This was after I had witnessed her live as the opener many, many times.

Personally, I prefer the lack of an opening act. I have my reasons but I won't bore you with them. I've already rambled on in a rather dull and mostly meaningless fashion for far too long now. My apologies. I must go lie down. (Or is it lay down? Ah, f*** it. And goodnight to you.)
He's had some good opening acts in L.A. in the past decade. Billy Idol (2017) and Joan Jett (2018) come to mind.

Post your version of it Gordy
its online,got a thumbs up so big you would think the person hit their thumb with a hammer,and that was from the hookster himself.

The capitalization of song titles doesn't follow a specific guide, a music editor I used to work with capitalized all of them so I just go with that preference and to me it looks better.
(y)

David, I think we need the ‘rolls eyes’ rating
symbol back.

If you are refereeing to Carmen Vandenberg as a mediocre amateur guitarist you are totally out of your mind. Carmen is an extraordinary guitarist. Camila Gray is a graduate of Berklee College of Music and is doing a pretty decent job of making a career /living from music which is not an easy thing to do by any measure (try it sometime) she is also a classically trained pianist. Brendan is top notch drummer and will kick your ass on a moments notice. The bass player was in a Grammy winning band from Columbia. People slag off Jessie Tobias, but he is a great guitar player by any standard and his work on I'm not a Dog on a Chain was some of the best of Morrissey career. By all accounts from those attending the show the band is sounds fantastic.

Yesterday Carmen screwed up the intro of Stop Me. It was subtle but M noticed, turned and looked at her. Any musician would realize.

If Camila is a Berklee graduate I see why people say music now is sterile. She made a career doing.. a few soundtracks?

Juan's band is a funk-soul-rock pastiche, cheesy enough to win a Latin Grammy. Btw he'd been booked to play in Colombia on the same date he had with M in Argentina, so the cancellations seem premeditated:straightface:

Brendan credentials are touring with Shakira and a bunch of mainstream artists that most of you don't like. He's good tho.

Guess there were better choices for a backing band. I imagine a polite decline. Not everyone wants to be associated with a trainwreck.

If you are refereeing to Carmen Vandenberg as a mediocre amateur guitarist you are totally out of your mind. Carmen is an extraordinary guitarist. Camila Gray is a graduate of Berklee College of Music and is doing a pretty decent job of making a career /living from music which is not an easy thing to do by any measure (try it sometime) she is also a classically trained pianist. Brendan is top notch drummer and will kick your ass on a moments notice. The bass player was in a Grammy winning band from Columbia. People slag off Jessie Tobias, but he is a great guitar player by any standard and his work on I'm not a Dog on a Chain was some of the best of Morrissey career. By all accounts from those attending the show the band is sounds fantastic.

Carmen who? Never heard of the new blonde haired guy before.
Could care less where he graduated. His guitar playing is weak.

Everyone already knows the drummer is the most talented one in this "band".

Never heard of the bass player and could take him or leave him.

Jesse is the reason this band is so weak. He doesn't have the skills that BOZ or Alain had.
Sadly since he is the "band leader", he will not hire anyone with more skill than him... which is why Alain was let go. Jesse couldn't stand the louder cheers for Alain during the band intros.

quit makes excuses for Moz's weakest band in his 40 years in the biz.

Carmen who? Never heard of the new blonde haired guy before.
Could care less where he graduated. His guitar playing is weak.

Everyone already knows the drummer is the most talented one in this "band".

Never heard of the bass player and could take him or leave him.

Jesse is the reason this band is so weak. He doesn't have the skills that BOZ or Alain had.
Sadly since he is the "band leader", he will not hire anyone with more skill than him... which is why Alain was let go. Jesse couldn't stand the louder cheers for Alain during the band intros.

quit makes excuses for Moz's weakest band in his 40 years in the biz.
Carmen is a women and an attractive one at that I don't see the need to insult her with a sexist comment. I guess her song "Girls Can't Play Guitars" was written especially for you. Peace!

A depressing version of Speedway. I enjoy Brendan's drumming (not as much as I enjoyed Matt's beat-the-skin-off-the-drum thudding, but nevertheless) but this version was divorced of any of the drama or theatrics that I've come to love. I know it's happened before, but I hate not seeing either Boz or Alain on guitar.

He must look at Suede and weep... So sad is M now. I know they a tad younger but comparable I think formed 89. I cannot imagine M coming up with a "She still leads me on" today should it ever be released 🤢... Makes me sad I want him to be great to release incredible music but it's somehow f'd

He must look at Suede and weep... So sad is M now. I know they a tad younger but comparable I think formed 89. I cannot imagine M coming up with a "She still leads me on" today should it ever be released 🤢... Makes me sad I want him to be great to release incredible music but it's somehow f'd

She still leads me on is one is brilliant, I've liked a few of their songs over the years but that song was the reason I went to see them in Manchester earlier this year and they were fantastic.

Has he mentioned Israel at all?

He needs to retire How Soon is Now unless he wants to commit to playing it right and finding a band who can. He has turned it into utter crap.
Bernard Sumner has said he hates playing Blue Monday, but he knows he has to, and I have never heard a bad version of it.

This is the best version of Blue Monday ya
ever gonna hear.

A depressing version of Speedway. I enjoy Brendan's drumming (not as much as I enjoyed Matt's beat-the-skin-off-the-drum thudding, but nevertheless) but this version was divorced of any of the drama or theatrics that I've come to love. I know it's happened before, but I hate not seeing either Boz or Alain on guitar.
Um, maybe you needed to be there? Youtube is a poor sub.

She still leads me on is one is brilliant, I've liked a few of their songs over the years but that song was the reason I went to see them in Manchester earlier this year and they were fantastic.
I think Autofiction was the best album of 2022. I had it pre-ordered on vinyl but stayed up until midnight to hear it on Spotify and I played it and then played it a second time. Pure brilliance. They get better and better. 'That Boy On The Stage', 'What Am I Without You' and 'She Still Leads Me On' are songs that people here would RAVE about if they were Moz songs.

As for drama, well I think this is one of the all-time greats, but criminally not included on the album:

Carmen is a women and an attractive one at that I don't see the need to insult her with a sexist comment. I guess her song "Girls Can't Play Guitars" was written especially for you. Peace!

I didn't know she was a women because she looks and dresses so much like a dude.
My bad and my mistake for calling her a dude... but shes right "Girls can't play guitars".
That explains why she messed up the intro to "Stop Me..." and made "HSIN" sound so weak that it should be retired from the tired old setlist.

That song you shared is terrible and proves the point that there is still no real guitarist in the current lineup.

Back
Top Bottom