Boycott Letterman

This is ridiculous; it would be possible to sustain these "surplus" animals if we were to stop breeding them.

It is not fascist, as we are not forcing you not to eat animal flesh. We are attempting to persuade you to realize that the unnatural practice of stuffing animals into warehouses, raising them in despicable conditions, and then brutally murdering them (often quite painfully and grotesquely) to have their flesh sent to supermarkets and such in massive amounts (often leading to great surplus that gets thrown away) simply for the taste of it, is a revolting thing. We do not need to eat meat to survive; we are the only omnivorous species that leads a comfortable enough life to be able to opt out of preying on other creatures. It is possible to lead a long and healthy life on a vegetarian or vegan diet.

Again, we're not forcing you. We're attempting to point out to you why it is only natural to come to the conclusion that the meat industry is revolting.

How so? Those animals are taken by force, raised under sickening circumstances for our own benefit, our own gluttony and greed. Mistreated horribly, have no rights whatsoever. They are slaves and victims.

Like I said earlier -- the lion has no choice. If we still lived off the land, we'd have to hunt too. But we've perfected the art of farming and have an abundance of other food sources. Humans are unnecessarily cruel; collectively, we have a long way to go.

Suplaini stated that the Meat Industry should be made ILLEGAL..hence banning and legislation...which just isn't practical at this point at time...When The majority of people in this country (and hopefully the world) become enlightened enough to CHOOSE not to eat Meat..then of course Logically it would be abolished...

But if by some whim. Congress was to suddenly pass a Ban on the Meat Industry tomorrow..what would happen to the surplus animals? The Farmers would most likely kill them immediately because there is no sense (in their minds) for keeping them alive if they aren't going to profit from them..those left alive would be set loose..and I'm not sure if Livestock can survive in the wild...

My point being is that I do listen to people when they make their arguments..but when someone ludicriously suggests forcing their views and opinions on me..that's what bothers me...

Look me up in 5 years...I'll probably be a Vegeterian again...

Re: I like your odds mate

Chance of me ever watching Letterman again (unless Moz is on) 1 in One Trillion

Knowing that Letterman will be retiring soon......pricesless.

Chances of you being completely mental judging by your posts and signature(s).

1 in 2.

Come on guys, let's not fight about this. :o

Instead, let's all join hands and make fun of David Letterman's old wrinkly body! Yay!

Come on guys, let's not fight about this. :o

Instead, let's all join hands and make fun of David Letterman's old wrinkly body! Yay!

I think his hair looks like a bird's nest...

is this because letterman's use of animals for entertainment is cruel?

if you boycott letterman don't you have to boycott every pet owner as well? We make our dogs fetch, swim in nasty pond water, sit, shake, roll over.... is that any less cruel for just the lack of a camera or a sponsors?

morrissey72.jpg

PLease, someone must have the other version of this. The dogs are holding up signs, too.

PLease, someone must have the other version of this. The dogs are holding up signs, too.

Is There one with the dogs holding up a sign saying "We Hate It When Our Friends Aren't Spayed And Neutered"?

yes, and the other dog's sign is saying "I quite like Iams".

I know Iams is a terrible company but it's still a funny picture.

pop.

Did you know I can't post that? Too brief. I've never encountered a situation where I was told I wasn't writing enough before. :D

Post must be Four-words...

Hence SHIT Can be a post...but No can't be one...

Suplaini stated that the Meat Industry should be made ILLEGAL..hence banning and legislation...which just isn't practical at this point at time...When The majority of people in this country (and hopefully the world) become enlightened enough to CHOOSE not to eat Meat..then of course Logically it would be abolished...

But if by some whim. Congress was to suddenly pass a Ban on the Meat Industry tomorrow..what would happen to the surplus animals? The Farmers would most likely kill them immediately because there is no sense (in their minds) for keeping them alive if they aren't going to profit from them..those left alive would be set loose..and I'm not sure if Livestock can survive in the wild...

My point being is that I do listen to people when they make their arguments..but when someone ludicriously suggests forcing their views and opinions on me..that's what bothers me...

Look me up in 5 years...I'll probably be a Vegeterian again...

First of all, thank you streetspirit. I was thinking to just let somebody else deal with this person and I appreciate your attempt...

However, the suplaini thing (is that some kind of an attempt to make witty play on my name or is a legitimate typo? seriously? just want to know what I am dealing with here... typos are fine... but this? I would like to know.)

Now, as you have decided to take this to a practical level - let us proceed. First of all, shutting down the meat industry would be quite simple - I will address this - even though I feel your even bringing up this complication of surplus animals absolutely and incredibly absurd...

First, however I would like to address your sympathy for the folks who have been eating meat all their lives...

How could we possibly rip that burger out of their hands SO RUTHLESSLY! how cruel of me to even suggest that they might have to eat salad and avocado, nuts, fruits, legumes, and veggies... how silly and unrealistic of me... it makes much more sense to do this righto... that's much more natural.

I suggest that providing meat to consumers should be illegal. If you want to go out to what is left of the woods and nature and kill a deer or catch a fish, I do not suggest somebody come and shoot you on sight. However, in my world there would be "seasons" and the same laws that are in effect for sportsmans clubs - no barbs, no nets, no automatic firepower etc... AND NO SALE OF FLESH. SELLING WOULD BE ILLEGAL. BREEDING ILLEGAL. KEEPING LIVESTOCK ILLEGAL.

with bird flu and other disease it makes sense to do this anyhow - why should I get some crazy disease created by this incredible imbalance in nature and peoples sick greed and lack of compassion - just because those meat eaters "grew up their entire lives eating meat?"

oh just the though of tearing big macs from their clutching hands is getting me teary eyed.

And frankly you signature is rather funny. Let's have a look.

"I don't eat my friends?" but you think they should be sold and bread and murdered and tortured and... oh just watch the link above. Nice. And you think that nobody should make money off of Morrissey but you think that people who create nothing, have nothing to share or sell, no creativity except the ability to breed and kill defenseless animals - you think that is a good way to make money... better than selling dvds of a show? (btw i don't sell shows, I trade plenty and give freely.) Personally, I think that Moz would definitely rather we sell bootlegs than flesh and murder... just a thought.

Now... onto the rather stupid part of your post. The meat industry has been going on for how long? how many generations of animals have died? how many generations of humans have abused and murdered them? I mean completely stripping the world of the entire industry my friend... this one generation of animals is not my main or only concern, although it is a concern.

I see the meat industry - those buildings and "farms" as just giants smoke stacks spewing negative and destructive puke energy onto the world 24 hours a day 7 days a week. That is like a gaping wound for the earth - energetically - and in my world and mind - it effects everything that happens.

I believe that if humans changed to vegetarian diet, a lot of the worlds problems with war and aggression would end. PLEASE don't pull the 6th grader retaliation about hitler being a veg... he was a madman... and I do not say that all war and problems would end... but many of them would.

Albert Einstein said that the only way for the human race to survive will be to turn to a vegetarian diet... hmm... have a look at the movie Devour the Earth... its old but its narrated by Paul McCartney and its a nice look at how meat eaters destroy the air and land and resources that are on this earth - destroy them for me and the rest of the vegetarians as well as themselves. Therefor YOU are the fascist here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVbj1pWGpkQ

Now, back to the stupid part of your comment about surplus animals - first of all this shift would, like many laws that go into effect, need time to be approved and processed and to take effect. All animals that are in these places should immediately be spayed. No reproduction allowed at all - today start now. The remaining animals - I am sad to say, would most likely have to continue on the normal conveyor belt to their doom and demise... if the laws were in effect already then the meat would have to be donated to those who have not the food that it takes to live... wherever they may live - I am sure plenty of shelters and Red Cross stations would be happy to have it... Missionaries would rather have starving people.... but that's another subject. The rest of the world does not need this meat right now, perhaps the starving can use it right now.

Oh and I really don't care what you do in 5 years. Now is what counts.

Furthermore, without cattle ruining the land and air and eating up huge amounts of grain to produce a fraction of its nutritional worth and weight - those people with no food will not be seeing their last meal - but many many more to come... as this world has all the resources we need to sustain ourselves and the meat industry uses them all up greedily for this NEEDLESS act of eating meat.

I would feel sad for the many animals that die but happy that the industry is GONE GONE GONE. We do not need meat. Some people NEED food desperately to live and they do not have any at all... they are dying and starving as we speak... so I feel that the best way to deal with this issue would be to give it to them - just like in the wild a zebra is killed by a hungry lion because the lion needs to eat - well this seems to me the closest thing to a natural way to deal with these animals (even though it is far from natural but we have strayed so far from natural! Meat is no longer natural) because those people are hungry and need food.

And after that we would be meat free and it would be a whole new day... a whole new way of living on this planet.

When you say these things like it is fascist to take meat away from people who have had it all their lives... it sounds - frankly, very just plain dumb to me.

If I grow up in a militant household of extremists... do you not take away my guns and bombs if I come to your town? What if I started when I was 6 or 7 like many child soldiers do in this world? And what if I grew up around it and my family were all martyrs flying into buildings and stuff like that... then is it fascist to make flying into buildings and suicide bombing illegal?

Do you think my comparisons are extreme?
The difference between you and me is probably that I don't

"All beings tremble before violence. All. fear death. All love life. See yourself in. others. Then whom can you hurt?." - Buddha

My ego is not so big as to think that my fear and pain is more significant than that of another being with whom I am supposed to be sharing this earth.

Last edited:
First of all, thank you streetspirit. I was thinking to just let somebody else deal with this person and I appreciate your attempt...

However, the suplaini thing (is that some kind of an attempt to make witty play on my name or is a legitimate typo? seriously? just want to know what I am dealing with here... typos are fine... but this? I would like to know.)

Now, as you have decided to take this to a practical level - let us proceed. First of all, shutting down the meat industry would be quite simple - I will address this - even though I feel your even bringing up this complication of surplus animals absolutely and incredibly absurd...

First, however I would like to address you sympathy for the folks who have been eating meat all their lives...

How could we possibly rip that burger out of their hands SO RUTHLESSLY! how cruel of me to even suggest that they might have to eat salad and avocado, nuts, fruits, legumes, and veggies... how silly and unrealistic of me... it makes much more sense to do this righto... that's much more natural.

I suggest that providing meat to consumers should be illegal. If you want to go out to what is left of the woods and nature and kill a deer or catch a fish, I do not suggest somebody come and shoot you on sight. However, in my world there would be "seasons" and the same laws that are in effect for sportsmans clubs - no barbs, no nets, no automatic firepower etc... AND NO SALE OF FLESH. SELLING WOULD BE ILLEGAL. BREEDING ILLEGAL. KEEPING LIVESTOCK ILLEGAL.

with bird flu and other disease it makes sense to do this anyhow - why should I get some crazy disease created by this incredible imbalance in nature and peoples sick greed and lack of compassion - just because those meat eaters "grew up their entire lives eating meat?"

oh just the though of tearing big macs from their clutching hands is getting me teary eyed.

And frankly you signature is rather funny. Let's have a look.

"I don't eat my friends?" but you think they should be sold and bread and murdered and tortured and... oh just watch the link above. Nice. And you think that nobody should make money off of Morrissey but you think that people who create nothing, have nothing to share or sell, no creativity except the ability to breed and kill defenseless animals - you think that is a good way to make money... better than selling dvds of a show? (btw i don't sell shows, I trade plenty and give freely) Personally I think that Moz would definitely rather we sell bootlegs than flesh and murder... just a thought.

Now... onto the rather stupid part of your post. The meat industry has been going on for how long? how many generations of animals have died? how many generations of humans have abused and murdered them? I mean completely stripping the world of the entire industry my friend... this one generation of animals is not my main or only concern, although it is a concern.

I see the meat industry - those buildings and "farms" as just giants smoke stacks spewing negative and destructive puke energy onto the world 24 hours a day 7 days a week. That is like a gaping wound for the earth - energetically - and in my world and mind - it effects everything that happens.

I believe that if humans changed to vegetarian diet, a lot of the worlds problems with war and aggression would end. PLEASE don't pull the 6th grader retaliation about hitler being a veg... he was a madman... and I do not say that all war and problems would end... but many of them would.

Albert Einstein said that the only way for the human race to survive will be to turn to a vegetarian diet... hmm... have a look at the movie Devour the Earth... its old but its narrated by Paul McCartney and its a nice look at how meat eaters destroy the air and land and resources that are on this earth - destroy them for me and the rest of the vegetarians as well as themselves. Therefor YOU are the fascist here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVbj1pWGpkQ

Now, back to the stupid part of your comment about surplus animals - first of all this shift would, like many laws that go into effect, need time to be approved and processed and to take effect. All animals that are in these places should immediately be spayed. No reproduction allowed at all - today start now. The remaining animals - I am sad to say, would most likely have to continue on the normal conveyor belt to their doom and demise... if the laws were in effect already then the meat would have to be donated to those who have not the food that it takes to live... wherever they may live - I am sure plenty of shelters and Red Cross stations would be happy to have it... as well as starving people. The rest of the world does not need it right now.
Furthermore, without cattle ruining the land and air and eating up huge amounts of grain to produce a fraction of its nutritional worth and weight - those people with no food will not be seeing their last meal - but many many more to come... as this world has all the resources we need to sustain ourselves and the meat industry uses them all up greedily for this NEEDLESS act of eating meat.

I would feel sad for the many animals that die but happy that the industry is GONE GONE GONE. We do not need meat. Some people NEED food desperately to live and they do not have any at all... they are dying and starving as we speak... so I feel that the best way to deal with this issue would be to give it to them - just like in the wild a zebra is killed by a hungry lion because the lion needs to eat - well this seems to me the closest thing to a natural way to deal with these animals (even though it is far from natural but we have strayed so far from natural! Meat is no longer natural) because those people are hungry and need food.

And after that we would be meat free and it would be a whole new day... a whole new way of living on this planet.

When you say these things like it is fascist to take meat away from people who have had it all their lives... it sounds - frankly, very just plain dumb to me.

If I grow up in a militant household of extremists... do you not take away my guns and bombs if I come to your town? What if I started when I was 6 or 7 like many child soldiers do in this world? And what if I grew up around it and my family were all martyrs flying into buildings and stuff like that... then is it fascist to make flying into buildings and suicide bombing illegal?

Do you think my comparisons are extreme?
The difference between you and me is probably that I don't

"All beings tremble before violence. All. fear death. All love life. See yourself in. others. Then whom can you hurt?."

My ego is not so big as to think that my fear and pain is more significant than that of another being with whom I am supposed to be sharing this earth.

My Friends Are Human Beings...

Okay, as I said..I support free speech and I totally empathize with anyone who wants to persuade me to stop eating meat again...

BUT YOU on the other hand said that the Meat Industry should be ILLEGAL...thus FORCING your views on me and other people...

This world would be a better place if Everyone were Vegeterian..I'm not going to argue with that..but that is something that everyone has to come to by choice..you can't FORCE it on people...it's not going to happen OVERNIGHT...

Can you imagine the nightmare scenario if Congress banned Meat Overnight...Seriously...STOP and THINK...What's going to happen to all those animals being raised?? Do you think the farmers will continue to FEED them if they're not going to make any money off of them?

Are you going to open your home and take them in?

As I said...You seem to think that people who eat Meat are vile and horrid and as I stated you must think the same about Lions, and Tigers, And Bears OH My!

You need to accept that people have a difference of opinion than you and that just because they choose to eat meat does not make Them "A Barbarian"...

I was A Vegeterian for 15 years, and will probably be so again in the future..but my arm will not be twisted..I will not be intimidated, scorned, or ridiciuled into shame..

And you people call the Anti-Abortion people "Extremists"...at least that's Human Life...

I think you can only get bird flu through bird droppings or saliva, not eating the bird itself. I'm not trying to be rude, I just wanted to point that out. :)

I think you can only get bird flu through bird droppings or saliva, not eating the bird itself. I'm not trying to be rude, I just wanted to point that out. :)

Yes, of course - for now. Perhaps Morrissey can elaborate on what I said in a way that is clearer, as he much better at these things than me...

he talks about this point clearly from the first second of this interview.

take it away Moz...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRijP5IxP1w

Back
Top Bottom