Cameras at Morrissey Concerts?

SoRedtheRose

Hey,

I just bought my tickets for the show at the PNC Arts Center. I have seats in the loge. I want to bring a camera, but I hear Morrissey shows are strictly no photography. Has anyone ever snuck a camera into Moz?

Peace.

Good luck. I asked this question and nearly got my head bitten off.

I am trying to secure a press pass for my show. I do work at a magazine, but it's a stretch!

Considering the internet is awash with pictures of Morrissey at gigs taken by fans I'd hazard a guess it's not that difficult.

What about cellphones with a camera function???

Well...I hide my camera down my shirt. They never know...

But I've never gone to see Moz. The shirt thing works elsewhere, so I assume it'll work again.

DXS

That is what I was planning to do. I know most places do a pat down, but the chest area of a lady is most likely not going to get patted down and searched.

it's always worked for me to wrap it in any black article of clothing and put it at the bottom of my purse/backpack. maybe i've just been lucky and have yet to be caught :rolleyes:

While we're on the subject of contraband, does anyone have suggestions for a, er, friend of mine who'd like to sneak in a directional microphone? I, er, he's going to be wearing shorts & a t-shirt, which don't provide many hiding spots.

Every Moz gig ive been to ive had both a camera and a camera phone and been in the front row using them and nothing has ever been said. I havent been searched either (apart from at the V Festival and i had a litre bottle of vodka down my trousers and they didnt notice!) so should be ok.

all venues normally pooh-pooh the idea but with the wealth of photos on the Net, it's certainly not impossible. cell phone cameras are harder to enforce - are they going to ask everyone to leave their phone at the door? i think you can get away w/ stowing one at the bottom of your purse.

... provided you're not trying to bring in a Nikon with a Macro Zoom lens :p

well, i usually take my camera... and i just hide it in my wallet. its thin and small enough to fit in the little expandable area of my wallet... i havent had any problems. Good Luck!

I would like to try and bring one this time. The only time I've ever had my camera confiscated at a concert in the past was to see David Bowie back in 2002 but it was at a local NY college auditorium and the security were being overly anxious and were confiscating everyone's stuff. There were ROWS of cameras in the security check when I went to get it back at the end of the night.

However, I've also managed to sneak cameras into concerts in the past by putting them in my purse and covering them with either a lot of tissues or feminine products. Believe me the security guys ain't touching that stuff LOL

".. provided you're not trying to bring in a Nikon with a Macro Zoom lens :p"

Well, a Canon. But I love the idea of putting tampons on top of it! I think I'll try that.

My Canon fits really well in a purse pak of tissues with some tissues around it. I think it would fit well in a pad wrapper pretty good too. Hopefully security won't be interested in touching that.

I just bought a smaller digital camera and I'm sneaking it somehow. Must get some decent photos. It is small enough to hide in my boots.

security laughs in your face.

cheating, like bringing cameras in, is what I've cum to believe everyone does...

Back
Top Bottom