Do you believe that the MEN show will be Morrissey's only UK date of the year?

Do you believe that the MEN show will be Morrissey's only UK appearance in 2012?

• Total voters
Re:

i am not sure exactly what you mean but i will say this, I don't think the mods/owner have a "right" at all. i think the "meltdown" was completly their own doing. I think Morrissey is mostly correct about this site and it is he that has been wronged by obssesive superfans who demand his friendship and once spurned set their site on revenge. yes they do post the "news" and provide an avenue for discussion but i think the negative "let down" view point is pervasive.

Whatever, the point's moot now. Lots of feelings were hurt by that rash stunt yet the site chugs along, one of the few things consistent in the world of Morrissey.

Who was wronged by superfans? Morrissey? Or David? :squiffy:

PS Keep in mind I am basing my opinions not on backstage knowledge or ANY knowledge of any situation, just conduct I witness here. I log on, post crazy shit on the site that allows crazy shit to be posted then go watch television. That is my life.

Last edited:
Re:

Whatever, the point's moot now. Lots of feelings were hurt by that rash stunt yet the site chugs along, one of the few things consistent in the world of Morrissey.

Morrissey is the one who has been wronged

Re:

Morrissey is the one who has been wronged

Who are the superfans and what do they have to do with solo? I guess I lost your train of thought.

Re:

PS Keep in mind I am basing my opinions not on backstage knowledge or ANY knowledge of any situation, just conduct I witness here. I log on, post crazy shit on the site that allows crazy shit to be posted then go watch television. That is my life.

and long may that continue

Re:

I beg to differ friend :thumb:

I certainly can't win the "Biggest Fan" pissing contest, (or pooping contest as the case might be :D) I don't own a single single. I can find a heiroglyph of a bird in the shadow of his mouth on a photo, that's GOTTA count for something though. :p

Re:

Who are the superfans and what do they have to do with solo? I guess I lost your train of thought.

those that dedicate much of there lives to following Morrissey and getting close to him - for example davidt and some of the mods - those that used to follow the tour endlessly and were known to Morrissey as a result and were sometimes allowed backstage. I'm not saying all of the super fans fall into this mindset just the ones that become truely obessed and lose sight of the reality (which is probably most of them.) its a very strange dynamic.

Re:

those that dedicate much of there lives to following Morrissey and getting close to him - for example davidt and some of the mods - those that used to follow the tour endlessly and were known to Morrissey as a result and were sometimes allowed backstage. I'm not saying all of the super fans fall into this mindset just the ones that become truely obessed and lose sight of the reality (which is probably most of them.) its a very strange dynamic.

Oh, I don't know any of that. I guess I've heard some stories but I try to listen to them sort of half-heartedly. Stories are often stories and time makes them even storier if you know what I mean. From my perspective as a regular poster, they do a consistent and fair job here.

Re:

Oh, I don't know any of that. I guess I've heard some stories but I try to listen to them sort of half-heartedly. Stories are often stories and time makes them even storier if you know what I mean. From my perspective as a regular poster, they do a consistent and fair job here.

I don't think they are stories as such, its pretty clear. Morrissey was once very complementary about this site on the radio and in the press. From the content of the site at the time it appeared that davidt had some access to Morrissey or his team. it was even suggested that Morrissey read the site often and even posted himself - davidt certainly put the hours in as a dedicated fan and it appears that work was being recognised. Several fans have become close to Morrissey this way over the years, Julia being the most well know. Often that closeness creates problems usually because the fan in their obsession project things onto their idol that are impossible for Morrissey to live up to in reality. Or because the fan becomes hyper critical in order to stave off the charge of sycophancy. In this case it appears davidt started posting negative gossip on the front page from "unnamed sources" within team Morrissey - probably with the half hope that they may provoke some kind of contact from Morrissey personally. When contact came in the form of a legal letter davids obsessed heart was broken and from there things got worse and worse. Now Morrissey hates david and david is left to pretend that he is a Morrissey Journalist rather than a Morrissey fan and that this isn't and never was a Morrisey fan site (one which glorifies) but is somehow an independent Morrissey related free platform with no agenda (which happens to be very negative and happens to run by someone Morrissey coincidently hates.)

Last edited:
Re:

I don't think they are stories as such, its pretty clear. Morrissey was once very complementary about this site on the radio and in the press. From the content of the site at the time it appeared that davidt had some access to Morrissey or his team. it was even suggested that Morrissey read the site often and even posted himself - davidt certainly put the hours in as a dedicated fan and it appears that work was being recognised. Several fans have become close to Morrissey this way over the years, Julia being the most well know. Often that closeness creates problems usually because the fan in their obsession project things onto their idol that are impossible for Morrissey to live up to in reality. Or because the fan becomes hyper critical in order to stave off the charge of sycophancy. In this case it appears davidt started posting negative gossip on the front page from "unnamed sources" within team Morrissey - probably with the half hope that they may provoke some kind of contact from Morrissey personally. When contact came in the form of a legal letter davids obsessed heart was broken and from there things got worse and worse.

Alright, I know nothing about any of this and I'm not sure it's even relevant, but at the end of the day this is where people come to talk about Morrissey stuff whether he likes it or not. Meat eaters buy tickets and records whether he likes it or not. Some things one cannot control and one of those is that this is the hotbed for Morrissey talk and it;s not all gloom and negative like you say, smiler. We go weeks with nothing but insight and calm, kind discussion. Then there's an announcement and you visit and there's a ton of trolls, but drama attracts trolls. I felt rather offended at your initial post that this place is so negative, it really isn't. It's not a pillowfight in a marshmallow factory, but it's not all bad. You just see some bad and immediately dismiss. It also sounds like you're reading a lot of backstory into the situation. People move on. Sometimes things do get better.

Re:

Well said Crystal ! This is the sight for real discussion on Moz . I do get on TTY at times to see concert reviews but for actual talk it has ............. nothing that beats the real people and views on Solo . Many of the trolls on this sight seem to the "unnamed" that really do like to stir the pot and take shots at Moz .

Re:

Spit it out - if you have something to say, say it

Didn't I already? I'm pretty sure I already called you stupid in a previous post.

how exactly is TTY run in your mind? we are listening...

Morrissey makes career move. Gives information to Julia to post. Julia posts it.

Is that too complex of a process to understand? Do you really think Morrissey has no say in a website he writes statements for exclusively?
How could someone who has been here since 2006 be so ignorant to how things work? Next thing you know, you'll be asking who Julia is...or Jake...or what Morrissey's sexuality is.

Re:

I don't think they are stories as such, its pretty clear. Morrissey was once very complementary about this site on the radio and in the press. From the content of the site at the time it appeared that davidt had some access to Morrissey or his team. it was even suggested that Morrissey read the site often and even posted himself - davidt certainly put the hours in as a dedicated fan and it appears that work was being recognised. Several fans have become close to Morrissey this way over the years, Julia being the most well know. Often that closeness creates problems usually because the fan in their obsession project things onto their idol that are impossible for Morrissey to live up to in reality. Or because the fan becomes hyper critical in order to stave off the charge of sycophancy. In this case it appears davidt started posting negative gossip on the front page from "unnamed sources" within team Morrissey - probably with the half hope that they may provoke some kind of contact from Morrissey personally. When contact came in the form of a legal letter davids obsessed heart was broken and from there things got worse and worse. Now Morrissey hates david and david is left to pretend that he is a Morrissey Journalist rather than a Morrissey fan and that this isn't and never was a Morrisey fan site (one which glorifies) but is somehow an independent Morrissey related free platform with no agenda (which happens to be very negative and happens to run by someone Morrissey coincidently hates.)

You have me figured out, this never was meant to be a fan site. No fans allowed. I actually do delete all positive anonymous comments but some unfortunately manage to get through when I am too preoccupied making up negative stories about Morrissey for the front page.

Re:

so anyways, back on task, I think people can feel conned without anybody intending that they be conned :o
as others have stated, Moz likely only really had the one show(in the UK) planned for the year :straightface:
how can the situation changing for the better possibly be worse?
on a personal note, I find it funny talking about him adding dates and the "problem" of this :rolleyes:
whereas in the past the usually gripes were about canceled shows, so I guess this is progress :thumb:

Re:

Didn't I already? I'm pretty sure I already called you stupid in a previous post.

Morrissey makes career move. Gives information to Julia to post. Julia posts it.

Is that too complex of a process to understand? Do you really think Morrissey has no say in a website he writes statements for exclusively?
How could someone who has been here since 2006 be so ignorant to how things work? Next thing you know, you'll be asking who Julia is...or Jake...or what Morrissey's sexuality is.

wow you are dumb - well done what a revelation, so in short you actually think Morrissey dictated the phrase "Morrissey's only uk show...." himself. Lol

ps I've been here way longer than 2006

Re:

You have me figured out, this never was meant to be a fan site. No fans allowed. I actually do delete all positive anonymous comments but some unfortunately manage to get through when I am too preoccupied making up negative stories about Morrissey for the front page.

no need to avoid the point or deliberatley misunderstand david. Its not a fan site because it doesn't "glorify" (god forbid) its apparently just a platform for debate - right? Obviously fans are allowed but so are haters. (which is fine as long as you moderate fairly) I never said you made up stories yourself but you certainly posted untrue gossip on the front page and as a result got legal letters from Morrissey telling you to stop - didn't you? That was the start of the breakdown of your relationship with Morrissey

Re:

wow you are dumb - well done what a revelation, so in short you actually think Morrissey dictated the phrase "Morrissey's only uk show...." himself. Lol

ps I've been here way longer than 2006

So, you're claiming if it isn't written in the third person, the source of the information published on True-To-You isn't Morrissey?
If I actually gave a damn about you, I would find it sad how limited your capacity for intelligent thought is...but alas, I don't.

Back
Top Bottom