'f*** morrissey-solo.com' t-shirt worn by Morrissey and band in Bradford

Update (June 29, 7:50 AM PT):
Media coverage:

Morrissey wages war on own fansite - The Guardian, link from Uncleskinny
Morrissey vs. His Fans - ClashMusic
Morrissey - Morrissey's F-Word Blast At Fan Website - ContactMusic
Morrissey Hates His Fans, The Music Industry, The Smiths, The Internet And YOU. Probably. - Hecklerspray

They came out in 'f*** Morrissey solo.com' for the encore of This Charming Man.

ironically he was holding a copy of Manchester Music Tour by .......JJ

Image from Facebook posted by modrevolve:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my "f*** Morrissey solo.com" shirt off Ebay as it has been sold for some time there. It came from Sweden of all places.

Johnny Barleycorn,

I’m a cold soul. I roll so-low. You also said, you said “if people”. What people? These things are not people. Some are like hangers and some are just plain haters. Phoney, freakers and they are evil. You call them people? How could you? You never answered me. Oh Phoney. They are blatantly two faced, hypocritical and they are evil. So stop making a mockery cause I’m starting to think you eat at McDonalds and go to the fishery. Then you proceed to ask if these so called fans, you ask if they no longer have a right to sling mud at the new songs which you termed disappointing. No, they have no rights to dis the new songs. If they did, then they shouldn’t be on this website. They should drop dead because these fans misunderstood. Come on, don’t you get it … Action is perfect. And if you don’t think so, then you’re f**ked up. You are being provocative directed at Morrissey, the man I love. And when I love someone he is my possession. And I’m just protective. Love is natural and real. Secrets shall never be revealed. My lips are sealed.

Brummieboy and I are over and he broke my heart. Do you know how that feels. We had a bond, a spark and what he did to me was f**ked up. Morrissey has been my constant, he still is and that’s why he is different than everybody. I was affected when David Bitch said Morrissey doesn’t like his hard core fans and that he is just being kind to us. He also said something like that Morrissey just prefers fair weather fans like the mundane and the plain ones. That was dangerous. But tears rolled down my cheeks for awhile but then I came to the realization that David Bitch just lied or was exaggerating. And then I came to the rapid conclusion that Morrissey would never say such things that were so hurtful and vile. Morrissey wouldn’t want to mess me up even more psychologically. So I take my own advice. Things are not always what they appear to be. Therefore, the concept, comments on fans could be things that Morrissey was never feeling. No they are not his feelings. The author wanted us to get reactions even though Morrissey never said them. That is why I started playing Eminem. Right, Morrissey is just promoting his feelings regarding the t-shirt that he and the band were wearing. He is not seeking internetters to get pulled in. Why would he? These so called “fans” trash him, Bash him and rip him in ways that are despicable, unspeakable, and evil. Why would he then want anybody, let alone new fans, to enter this war zone where his precious name has been squashed, ruined, destroyed and smeared time and time again. All of Jesse hater’s comments are going to affect him. Just because a lot of the recent comments on the tour are good (deleting the anti Jesse messages). What the f**k. What about all the other months, weeks, days where these fans ripped Morrissey to shreds. You think he forgot.

I think not.

Kate2828

You're not that bloke who pretended to be a Syrian lesbian are you?

In the music world he hasn't put out anything really REALLY relevant since Your Arsenal and that's due to the commercial success in the US of A. F#ck him and his bloated bandmates. He has been running from the Smiths since the day they disbanded. F#ck you Moz. You continue to shit where you sleep you arsehole!!!

Please, try to understand that Morrissey loves to joke, first, and than Morrissey with a simple t-shirt did a good job, just like the much expensive press agent.

Will Morrissey and band wear a shirt with another message at next gig?
What about "Chloe Sevigny freak spine" shirt or "Kosher is murder"?
I would like to see him have a go at pseudo intellectual Mark Simpson and his pathetic pro-gay wave literature. So what about a shirt that says "Mark Simpson spunkhead"?
A spunkhead is a pro gay activist that has a beef with the hetero world and wants to end everything associated with being hetero thus meaning ending the world altogether and leaving the production of new babies to labs and not the natural way.
This cause is doomed to fail because there are still more people born hetero than gay and whatever they gay world does it cannot reproduce in a natural way and the lab way costs too much in the long run.
Spunkhead!

Maybe Moz was merely expressing, via the medium of a t-shirt, that every time he tries to log on here he gets the message "the server is busy"

David,

I have followed this site religiously since "finding" Morrissey circa 1997. At that time Morrissey still insisted on communicating to his cat and others through the medium of a fax machine. Once he, or his handlers, found out about the Internet, they were already 10 years behind the media curve. The ONLY reason Morrissey is still relevant in any way, shape or form is because of this website. But Morrissey insists on firing and hating anyone tasked with helping him...I guess it was only a matter of time. David, you have a done a great job of running this labor of love. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if you decided to walk away from it. Sure, I would miss the community, oddballs and all, but who wants to know about upcoming songs (when they are rubbish) and tours (when they are canceled)? Maybe as an ode to Morrissey you could start a board for Young the Giant, or Sack, or Kristeen, or anybody else! I'm sure they wouldn't mind the publicity/promotion.

All the best.

What the website should do is start selling those shirts! lol Gotta love Moz.

seems as if there couldn't be any better publicity for this site. i would say high praise from the man himself. nice work david... very nice work indeed. thank you for your tenacity in delivering the very best of morrissey to us. cheers...

There is a lot of sad people on here. Imagine arguing over a website and a t-shirt, when there are bigger issues in life. Turn on the news. Go get a f***ing life. Get angry at things that actually matter. Maybe we could actually hold disgusting governments to account rather than whinge about a choice of clothing. That is all :)
You said it. So true. The way people are reacting to a simple t-shirt and their allegiance to some fan site filled with a majority of the people being unsatisfiable is what he was really speaking up about. "We hate it when our friends become successful. Oh look at those clothes! Oh look at that face it's sooo old!..."

Goodness, this feels like it's eclipsed any news of new albums. Morrissey never fails in his contradictions. There here was the other week proudly saying that people know longer speak their minds. To have an opinion on something is becoming rarer. Particularly in the music industry. Then he proudly sports a t-shit condemning this website which has always supported free speech (with limitations recently).

You can't have it both ways. If you are in the public eye you will always have your fans and always have your critics. It comes with the territory. Morrissey has always always wanted total loyalty from his friends and associates. He's shed many friends and associates who have failed in giving him loyalty. Whether he likes it or not Morrissey Solo has become part of the Morrissey world. It's there in his solar system. He doesn't like it. It wont go away. As other posters have written this website carried Morrissey for years and years. It still does. It provides a forum for open discussion, opinions. Something I've always though Morrissey approved off.

It does become increasingly hard to be a fan these days. Whatever a fan is. You start questioning yourself, your feelings towards the man. Sometimes I don't know where I stand. Still I would expect better than the word "f***" on a t-shirt worn by Morrissey.

And David T, Morrissey's attack is on the website. Not on your character as a man. You can still hold head up with pride.

Without reading any of the comments, I'd like to offer the reason it hurt me so much. Morrissey has asked, it seemed, to be defended. So here, the place where there is much to defend, it has become my home. There is nothing to fight for, to honor at the other sites. It's just coddling. So he makes this statement, I'm assuming to protect the honor of his band, but fails to recognize that he shot in the back the good people defending him in the trenches. It's closed minded and irresponsible of him. There are many who love him here, he seems to lack the forethought of the repercussions of his actions. It is a disappointing situation on a number of levels.

Amie

He has never asked to be defended by anyone here. He doesn't need it. He asks for respect. He's a man not a child.

How childish...talk about high court judges. This site is sooo useful, straightforward, no fuss, and reliable. I love Morrissey but I don't want a reverential fanzine. It has a different purpose anyway, and isn't good on up to date or accurate information.
How about some Love Morrissey-solo t-shirts?! Keep up the great work, David, and don't let this get you down - you are needed! xxx

I don´t know if I could listen to his music if I ran this site after that. But I would take it down for sure. I did not picture Morrissey being an asshole, but in hindsight, its there.

BTW, this is the only site I read for info on Morrissey, and I am sure there are plenty of people who do the same. I dont read true to you at all.

David, as always shows he has more class that Steven. I hope you keep this site going for another 20 years, not only to spite him but because it is great site that many people myself included love. Shame on the band for turning on their fans by going along with this stunt. shame.

Back
Top Bottom