Finding out that somebody you cared about is actually a heartless insincere liar

Status
Not open for further replies.
realitybites, that last paragraph sounds a bit like new-agey balderdash flimflam to me sorry. I get what you're saying though.

I'm the last person you would consider being new-agey. I hate that shit. But that's all I got. Sorry. Good luck.

f*** it.

I thought the relationship was good. There had been some bad times. These were (mostly) my fault. I thought everything was good though. I thought this because I felt good and she told me she felt good.

I went on a holiday for about two weeks. I spoke to her every day I was gone. Everything seemed alright. I missed her so intensely that I couldn't enjoy my holdiay. When I came back she told me she had met someone else. I freaked out and called her every awful name I could think of. She moved out of the flat we lived in. In the next few days we spoke on the phone a few times and she changed her story. She told me that she had been unhappy for a long time and that nothing had actually happened with this guy. She had just come to realise while I wasn't there precisely how unhappy she had been in the relationship. This guy had just been a (sexy skinny) shoulder to cry on who made her feel cared for in a way that I apparently didn't.

We spoke on the phone and emailed a few times after this. It was clearly over.

The most incredibly c***y outrageous thing I can remember from any of these calls was her sayin that if we got back together it wouldn't work because she wanted to remain friends with this guy she had met and I would just be jealous. OH YOU THINK SO? I guess I should have just been fine with her spending all her time with some guy she clearly wanted to f***.

I guess I'm the one who was in the wrong.

Anyway.

She's reading this and ignoring me. I guess I know why.

I'm hoping that someone here can relate, that someone has been treated like shit by somebody they genuinely cared for and thought genuinely cared for them.

If anyone can relate can you please let me know how you got over it.

I have awful dreams every night and wake up feeling like utter shit. This dictates my mood for the rest of the day.

I really don't know what to do.

Boo hoo indeed.

I'm hoping that someone here can relate, that someone has been treated like shit by somebody they genuinely cared for and thought genuinely cared for them.

If anyone can relate can you please let me know how you got over it.

I have awful dreams every night and wake up feeling like utter shit. This dictates my mood for the rest of the day.

I really don't know what to do.

Boo hoo indeed.

As boring/condescending/irritating as it sounds , wait. I don't want to go down the "...time heals all wounds..." road ( obviously it doesn't) but , as the calendar pages flip past , you will find yourself learning to breathe again. "Adaptable" probably isn't a word that's going to strike too many chords at the moment but that's exactly what you ( and , indeed, all of us ) are.

Just as an aside , feeling angry at the person involved seems understandable. But letting them take up residency inside your head ( i.e. chronic rumination over the person and their lies) may not be ideal. I suppose it's analogous to sitting on a bus next to a foul, obnoxious person who keeps spitting on the floor and farting. You'd obviously , given a chance, change to a different seat.

Apologies for the lecturing tone & good luck with all of it ...

Last edited:
yesitis, I'm sorry you're still not over it. I think the burden of being your only friend/lover/saviour etc. at the same time was too much for her. And it IS too much for a person. Your happiness cannot depend on others, it has to come from yourself. Also, she's very very very young. She didn't want to commit herself. I don't think she handled it quite well, but I do understand her motives. I'm sure she didn't mean to hurt you, she just didn't know how to get out of a relationship she didn't want to be in anymore.

yesitis, I'm sorry you're still not over it. I think the burden of being your only friend/lover/saviour etc. at the same time was too much for her. And it IS too much for a person. Your happiness cannot depend on others, it has to come from yourself. Also, she's very very very young. She didn't want to commit herself. I don't think she handled it quite well, but I do understand her motives. I'm sure she didn't mean to hurt you, she just didn't know how to get out of a relationship she didn't want to be in anymore.

yesitis here. i deleted my account because i didn't want to have a way of contacting her. now i don't. i also didn't want to post any more here but i'm not going to let someone who actually spoke to me at one point as a friend respond in this way.

telling me i was looking for a "saviour" is incredibly incredibly insulting and you have no idea of my desires and motivations

my happiness didn't depend on her. my happiness was improved by being with her.

she clearly did know how to get out of a relationship. she succeeded. this was preceded by months of lying to me and being unable to talk to someon she said she loved. you're right. she is young. i didn't think she was immature and unable to express herself though. at least to me. i was wrong. i hope she's happy with the life she chose.

i'm glad you two have discussed my problems but don't insult me.

i'm not going to respond to anything else.

There is no advice to offer yesitis except 'shit happens'.
But I must come out against this 'people are shit' schtick. People are not shit, neither are they saints. They're that and everything else. The trick is to avoid being a shit or hitching up with one.

Yesitis? Did you have a proper account on here a while back I'm sure you used to post drunk messages and take webcam snaps of your nipples, you seemed to have had a sense of humour!? Anywho, your ex sounds like a right horrible bitch, honestly you're better off solo, look after number 1, because you deserve better than that lying cow.

Dont worry...You'll be ok. That person will evntually will regret it, & when that person does & comes around again, guess wat? You'll be passed all that bullshit & u wont be around any more, ur better than that...A person like that should just kick rocks & send them to the fukin curve! & remember one thing! Not all ppl r like that, that person just wasnt meant to be in your life... 421698_443527492363997_817797351_n.jpg

I'd say we've probably all been in this predicament, probably not so publicly though!

On the plus side you've got a fresh start and can do anything you want with life as soon as you can move on. Lose the desperation, find a relaxed state of mind, don't treat every woman like they're going to do the same and ffs don't talk to any about the one who's just let you down! She's gone, the past, it's time to move on, look forward and not back and things always end up alright again, then worse, then alright. That's life.

yesitis, that's just my twocents. I didn't mean to insult you, it's just what I think.

There is no advice to offer yesitis except 'shit happens'.
But I must come out against this 'people are shit' schtick. People are not shit, neither are they saints. They're that and everything else. The trick is to avoid being a shit or hitching up with one.

Quote of the day!

Any tips as to how to get over this?

When you think you know somebody and then find out that they have lied straight to your face how are you supposed to trust anyone ever again?

Uh oh...is this about Crystal Geezer?

Yesitis is hilarity, he coined the term "mind baby." He'll find someone cooler and more into his vibe in no time. :thumb:

Uh oh...is this about Crystal Geezer?

Eff you, you were the one who started acting all passive aggressive and weird because I DARE critique your graphic design or I didn't defend you 100% when you acted like a dick to everyone. Get over it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom