For the newer members

I remember on the day listening to 'Steve Wright in the afternoon' on Radio 1, and for some reason he announced that Moz was a very last minute addition to 'Tonight with Jonathan Ross'. Clearly, even though he hated Moz the news was big enough to warrant a mention as M. just never did that kind of thing in those days. The consensus among Steve's 'posse' was that it was a wind-up, he would never appear. Then in the little live trail on C4 in the ads before the show, J.Ross was sat next to a man with a brown paper bag on his head, dropping all sorts of hints about who the 'mystery singer' was. I still thought it could be a hilarious joke right up until the moment the spotlight hit him in that cross-fade close-up.
I was watching and taping with my dad in the room and his only comments were 'Ha, just looks like bloody Elvis!' and 'what's with the plaster?' I still can't answer that...

I was about to say how his quiff looks like mine does after a busy day :D the quoted post may explain why he was having a 'hold' faliure on it, maybe he rushed in last minute and didnt have ling to fix it or had been wearing it all day with no fiddling...
who knows, who cares, still one of the BEST Moz moments EVER.
*sighs*

Best Morrissey television performance EVAH, bar none. It's all good; the hair (what would you even call that style ~ EpilepticQuiff ?PsychoElvis?) immaculate sideburns, check-lined windbreaker, glam silver shirt, the song, the singing, the way he places the microphone on the studio floor at the end, waves awkwardly and walks away to the screams of the crowd and Vic'n'Bob. It even shut Jonathan Ross up momentarily. At the time you truly didn't know if this would be the last time you saw Moz such was the fragile state of his 'career' position.
All the reasons why I love Morrissey can be boiled down to the one moment in this footage at 3:13; that look in his eyes just before he shuts them tight and belts out the final flourish. Watching it back in December 1990 I just knew that for good or ill, I was hooked.
Thank you Bluebirds for a very sweet trip down memory alley.

I knew what you were talking about even before clicking on the link. :tears:

I knew what you were talking about even before clicking on the link. :tears:
Why :tears: ?
When I watch/think about that rendition I am :)/:eek:/:cool:...
Am I bad ? :confused:

He's in a trance.

Why :tears: ?
When I watch/think about that rendition I am :)/:eek:/:cool:...
Am I bad ? :confused:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, on the contrary. I read your post and I just KNEW you were talking about THAT song, THAT tv-performance. You just described it perfectly. :o

And the :tears: is because of the beauty. Sorry, I'm a sappy cow, I know. :o

Last edited:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, on the contrary. I read your post and I just KNEW you were talking about THAT song, THAT tv-performance. You just described it perfectly. :o

And the :tears: is because of the beauty. Sorry, I'm a sappy cow, I know. :o
Thank you very much. If I did describe it well it's just cos I've watched it like a trillion times over the last 18 (OMGG) years. I could list the details of everything he ever wore, etc, etc.
You're quite right. It is a thing of beauty, of perfect purity. And in particular, at that moment I mentioned before at 3:13, I could quite easily :tears:. You may indeed be a sappy cow, but I am a sappy sod. :o
Wouldn't life be so much simpler if we could use 'emoticons' in everyday life and speech....

Thank you very much. If I did describe it well it's just cos I've watched it like a trillion times over the last 18 (OMGG) years. I could list the details of everything he ever wore, etc, etc.
You're quite right. It is a thing of beauty, of perfect purity. And in particular, at that moment I mentioned before at 3:13, I could quite easily :tears:. You may indeed be a sappy cow, but I am a sappy sod. :o
Wouldn't life be so much simpler if we could use 'emoticons' in everyday life and speech....

Mmm, I'm quite happy with having a face, you know it works quite well to replace emoticons. :p

Also when the performance ends, and Jonathan Ross follows him with his eyes as he leaves the stage is very nice and intimate. :o

Mmm, I'm quite happy with having a face, you know it works quite well to replace emoticons. :p

Also when the performance ends, and Jonathan Ross follows him with his eyes as he leaves the stage is very nice and intimate. :o

You're lucky, my face don't work right. I could be walking along the street in the throes of ecstatic reverie and some stranger will come up and say 'Cheer up, might never 'appen' ! I'd thought of wearing interchangeable badges to let people know ' I am happy', 'I am slightly wary', 'I am furious', etc. but then I thought better of it. :confused: ;)

You're lucky, my face don't work right. I could be walking along the street in the throes of ecstatic reverie and some stranger will come up and say 'Cheer up, might never 'appen' ! I'd thought of wearing interchangeable badges to let people know ' I am happy', 'I am slightly wary', 'I am furious', etc. but then I thought better of it. :confused: ;)

Aww, too bad. Is it because of botox? :p

Aww, too bad. Is it because of botox? :p
Oooh, that's a good one; may I use that next time someone says 'cheer up luv'? If I say 'it's the botox and it aint funny' I'd love to see the look on their face :D

That's a GREAT looking torrent - but I already have all the footage from it apart from the 'I've Changed My Plea'... I'm hoping to find a good quality version I could burn onto a DVD, so the Youtube download idea is no good to me... Hope someone can help... Thanks! x

Video of "Come back to Camden" ??

Hi

[edit] Ive just realised my mistake with the help of the people bellow. It wasnt "come back to Camden, but Changed my plea. Appologies for wasting a forum space :-/ oop!

x

Last edited:
Re: Video of "Come back to Camden" ??

Hi

Im trying to find a very specific video of Morrissey performing "Come back to Camden" live.

The only way i can describe and remember the video is that it is from quite a while ago i think, the stage is a studio set, and he places the mic down on the floor very gently at the end of the song. It is a simple and beautiful video.

It has been surfaced and comented on in past threads on here but i cant find it.

Any help warmly welcomed. Youtube doesn't seem to have ANYTHING, but it must be out there!!

x

Really? I thought it had never been played live. Soundchecked, yes, but not played live.

Peter

Back
Top Bottom