Freaky secrets about chicken, this is not a peta thing

D

Dave

Do You Know What's in Your Chicken Nuggets?

This pink extruded substance, known as MSC, is precursor to many manufactured chicken products.

Saturday night, Gizmodo's Casey Chan put up a post showing what the goop looks like that chicken nuggets are made of. Notice he didn't say "Chicken McNuggets," but it's not too hard to extrapolate.

The photo shows pink goop as it comes from the separator in what is obviously a manufacturing plant setting. A figure in the background wears a white coat, while the hand that wields the scoop is gloved, leading the author to suspect that the material is crawling with bacteria. Chan goes on to conjecture that the pink stuff will undergo ammonia, and additions of coloring and flavoring agents to make it actually taste like chicken.

Commentators suggest that this pink chicken extract might be intended for hot dogs instead. Others affirm their love for chicken nuggets anyway. A further commentator notes that this substance, known as MSC (mechanically separated chicken) certainly does not contain the white meat, which is far more valuable, but does include dark meat, bones, beaks, brains, etc., and that much of this material goes into pet food.

Re: Freaky Secrets about Chicken. this is not a peta thing

Do You Know What's in Your Chicken Nuggets?

This pink extruded substance, known as MSC, is precursor to many manufactured chicken products.

Saturday night, Gizmodo's Casey Chan put up a post showing what the goop looks like that chicken nuggets are made of. Notice he didn't say "Chicken McNuggets," but it's not too hard to extrapolate.

The photo shows pink goop as it comes from the separator in what is obviously a manufacturing plant setting. A figure in the background wears a white coat, while the hand that wields the scoop is gloved, leading the author to suspect that the material is crawling with bacteria. Chan goes on to conjecture that the pink stuff will undergo ammonia, and additions of coloring and flavoring agents to make it actually taste like chicken.

Commentators suggest that this pink chicken extract might be intended for hot dogs instead. Others affirm their love for chicken nuggets anyway. A further commentator notes that this substance, known as MSC (mechanically separated chicken) certainly does not contain the white meat, which is far more valuable, but does include dark meat, bones, beaks, brains, etc., and that much of this material goes into pet food.

ah. so it turns out that meat eaters are in practice mainly non-meat eaters?
:cool:

"This substance, known as MSC (mechanically separated chicken) certainly does not contain the white meat, which is far more valuable, but does include dark meat, bones, beaks, brains, etc., and that much of this material goes into pet food"

Christ on a bike, that's disgusting. :sick:

"This substance, known as MSC (mechanically separated chicken) certainly does not contain the white meat, which is far more valuable, but does include dark meat, bones, beaks, brains, etc., and that much of this material goes into pet food"

Christ on a bike, that's disgusting. :sick:

You pay peanuts, you get shit. No wait, that's not right, but I know what I meant to say.

What do we expect from McDonalds and the like? Exactly this.

P.

Click on the spoiler if you have a strong stomach

Pigskin Preview: Eating the Barbecued Hog Head at Fatty 'CueBy Robert Sietsema, Wed., Oct. 6 2010 @ 1:58PM

A couple of nights ago, Mayur, Jessica, and I went down on a pig head ...

It's a sometime special at Fatty 'Cue, under the bridge in Williamsburg: the head of the pig left over from Sunday's pig roast, blackened from long smoking, but with a gleeful expression on its face. The head has been cut in half, so that it makes two portions, at $40 apiece. You may wish it hadn't been cut in half, because when you turn it over, you see clots of brain annealed to the inside of the brain pan, and a blackened tongue grotesquely twisted and distended.

The half-head comes accompanied by planks of fresh green papaya, cilantro, Thai basil, radish slices, miniature plum tomatoes, and delicate pickled red chiles -- they're so good that, if you have some remaining after downing as much of the pig head as you can, you'll pick them up with your chopsticks and eat every last one. The dish also comes with an unlimited supply of steamed bao -- buns that can be used to make little sandwiches. Note well the grease-absorbing properties of the bao!

Who, other than a large-animal veterinarian, can say how to assay a pig head? You're always conscious of the thing smiling up at you, as you take the blunt knife and begin to saw away. Step one is removing the blackened skin -- which is largely inedible. Remembering that you love the cured hog jowl called guanciale, you begin by attacking the line of the jaw, working your way up the cheek.

All you get for the first few cuts is layer upon layer of steaming fat. The waiter -- who quotes Yeats throughout -- has given you surgeon's gloves, and now you know why: In the next half-hour or so, you will be bodily immersed in gallons of porcine fat, fragrant with hardwood smoke, but as sticky as flypaper.

Eventually, you begin to find globs of meat. But you have to dig deep in various facial recesses, including cavelike sinuses, eyeball sockets, and other fleshly terrain usually hidden under the skin. Of course, the cholesterol-fearless will actually eat the fat itself, but after a bite or two, you realize it's too rich, even for you.

IMG_7752v.jpg

Stopping for occasional deep draughts of beer -- the only alcohol capable of cutting through such lipids -- we worked our way around the head, nervously laughing from time to time, and daring each other to eat the most arcane bits. In general it was delicious, but I'm not sure I'm ready to do it again for another year or so.

I'm not sure you can ever trust the internet.... someone is claiming that this is a fake photo http://greginthedesert.net/2010/10/fake-picture-of-mechanically-separated-chicken/

I think Jamie Oliver did something similar for Mechanically Seperated Meat as part of that show he did to try to make people reconnect with the food on their plate. The industry wouldn't let him borrow a machine so he had to make one.

Here is a National Geographic YoutTube clip which I think can be trusted - there is a similar image to the photo at 2.50 - and it's not for the feint hearted
[youtube]TBBSY5Z5YVk&feature=fvw[/youtube]

Either way, take a look down any supermarket chicken isle, figure how many that one store sells everyday and then multiply it by thousands of stores... its grotesque in its sheer scale... whether it ends up as a full bird for sale, diced into a pasta salad or processed into McNuggets... it's not natural, normal or kind...

Dave

I must say, I had my doubts. Why would you put meat slurry in cardboard boxes? You wouldn't. Anyway, hot dogs, and nuggets are still foul.

P.

I must say, I had my doubts. Why would you put meat slurry in cardboard boxes? You wouldn't. Anyway, hot dogs, and nuggets are still foul.

P.

As much as I would like this to be real so I can make fun of the meat eaters I know, I doubt it.

But... either way, this is my vote:

Do you think the pink chicken nuggets are for reals?
[x] Yes!
[ ] No

And nobody is allowed to spoil my fun.

how anybody would want to eat meat just baffles me

I was thinking that since the pink stuff is made of chicken maybe some scientist should make a chicken out of it.

Tags
god troll
Back
Top Bottom