Information regarding reports of 'retirement' - true-to-you.net

He also sounds like the type of guy who would go on Facebook, copy and paste link locations to Boz concerning negative reactions to his new songs, tell him the band should wear a t-shirt that says "f*** Morrissey-Solo.com" and then come back on here to brag about it. Oh, wait. Nevermind.

Oooh, oooh, I know who it is! Pick me, pick me!!

You made the statement about Morrissey being 'endlessly attacked' on the site and of the 2 million or so posts cannot find a few to back up your claim? I asked you to pick a few posts and what actions you would take and instead of offering a solution you become combative. It is clear there is no point in carrying this on further as you have proven to be one of the types that sits around moaning about how things are rather than actually doing anything.

You were saying?
Moz is such a shady little shit. So he's playing Bellingham, WA? Interesting, as that town has a mere few thousand people, hardly a city with enough clout or culture to beckon an so-so famous English Indie rocker. But funny thing.... the Canadian border, and the metro Vancouver, Canada area is just a few minutes drive away! Wow! Morrissey gets to diss Canada while still getting the love and money from its people! More interesting still? He's playing Niagara Falls, NY, which has only 50,000 people and couldn't ever possibly get a star of Morrissey's calibre on its own, but seeing as how it's only an hr or so from Toronto, Canada (with a metro of 5.8 million) once again Morrissey gets to slam Canada and continue his boycott knowing full well his Niagarta Falls show will be full of Toronto fans, spending Canadian money, on him. So he wins on all fronts. He still gets to look like he's protesting the Canadian Government and shutting out his Canadian fans while at the same time accepting crowds that will undoubtedly be 90% Canadian, and taking their money willingly, with a greedy grin. Asshole.

This ^^ anonymous post made it through, while on Friday and over the weekend 3 or 4 anonymous posts I wrote criticizing this site, and specifically Kewpie in one, did NOT make it past the moderator check. It was a little experiment which played out pretty much as I suspected. You are a liar if you say that this site is moderated fairly and not balanced in favor of criticizing Morrissey.

You were saying?

This ^^ anonymous post made it through, while on Friday and over the weekend 3 or 4 anonymous posts I wrote criticizing this site, and specifically Kewpie in one, did NOT make it past the moderator check. It was a little experiment which played out pretty much as I suspected. You are a liar if you say that this site is moderated fairly and not balanced in favor of criticizing Morrissey.

That post is someone's opinion. You may not like it, you may disagree with it, but it's their opinion. Some may agree with it. There's nothing actionable there at all. It seems to me you want opinions that you don't agree with censored.

P.

Let's use real world examples - pick a few posts from the last week or so. Describe in detail what action you would take regarding the posts if you had the choice. Would you edit them or delete them altogether?

2 examples

A) http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...-thread-merging-(about-Morrissey-and-the-NME)

B) Tim Jonzes spouts nothing on twittter and it makes the front page - why? We already had a thread about the NME apology. He added nothing new and is clearly not a reliable source. This blantantly discredited journalist tweets that the NME had nothing to apologies for and you put that on the front page on the day Morrissey is making headlines all over the world

2 examples

A) http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...-thread-merging-(about-Morrissey-and-the-NME)

B) Tim Jonzes spouts nothing on twittter and it makes the front page - why? We already had a thread about the NME apology. He added nothing new and is clearly not a reliable source. This blantantly discredited journalist tweets that the NME had nothing to apologies for and you put that on the front page on the day Morrissey is making headlines all over the world

If you can't understand the relevancy of that making news, then I'm surprised you were actually able to follow the steps to create a username successfully.

Re:

2 examples

Good grief, after receiving your complaint David immediately changed forum settings i.e. scrapped Articles comment section, moved mainpage threads in General discussion.

Yet you came back SEVEN DAYS LATER to post this?

You must be kidding. :rolleyes:

If you can't understand the relevancy of that making news, then I'm surprised you were actually able to follow the steps to create a username successfully.

expalin it to me then? - to me its a story best summed up as "a proven liar speculates on twitter without adding any insight". The guardian had already published a story on the apology, Tim Jonzes is the Music editor at the Guardian. The link to that story got merged with the "NME says sorry" thread. Yet when he tweets (the content of which was basically "a shug and a probably" that makes the front page? He presents the idea that there were no damages as a victory when he must realise that Morrissey was never after damages. When (in the update) he is confronted with his lies he pretends it didn't happen. This man is a joke so why put him on the front page - you could have at least headed up the article with "this is probably bollocks"

I don't see how you could possibly approve of both examples?

2 examples

A) http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/121332-Yet-more-ludicrous-thread-merging-%28about-Morrissey-and-the-NME%29

I don't think these examples are relevant to the examples I asked for according to the original poster's statement "Morrissey is endlessly attacked by so called fans".

expalin it to me then? - to me its a story best summed up as "a proven liar speculates on twitter without adding any insight". The guardian had already published a story on the apology, Tim Jonzes is the Music editor at the Guardian. The link to that story got merged with the "NME says sorry" thread. Yet when he tweets (the content of which was basically "a shug and a probably" that makes the front page? He presents the idea that there were no damages as a victory when he must realise that Morrissey was never after damages. When (in the update) he is confronted with his lies he pretends it didn't happen. This man is a joke so why put him on the front page - you could have at least headed up the article with "this is probably bollocks"

I don't see how you could possibly approve of both examples?

Tim Jonze interviewed Morrissey for the article. Therefore, being one of the four main players involved, when he makes a statement about it, it is relevant news.

Re:

Good grief, after receiving your complaint David immediately changed forum settings i.e. scrapped Articles comment section, moved mainpage threads in General discussion.

Yet you came back SEVEN DAYS LATER to post this?

You must be kidding. :rolleyes:

Davidt asked for an example - here are 2 examples - well done for reading the thread. Yes I asked and David acted and he has my thanks for that. Never the less as i mentioned in the thread itself its an example of where the positive stories get hidden and the negative stories get promoted. Which is exactly what he asked for. Having read that thread Kewpie instead of having a fit perhaps you should apologies for incorrectly merging those threads, as that thread clearly illustrates you were at fault.

I want to make one thing clear I don't think its a case of the mods deliberately shaping the debate I think its more subtle than that. I think you love Morrissey so much and the dispute has cut you all so deeply that you can not help but subconcoiusly reflect that. Its clear that the majority of mods now (after the fall out) generally think:

Morrissey is prejudiced about certain races
Morrissey is greedy financially
Morrissey recent output has been poor
Morrissey should probably retire

You only need go to a concert to see that these views are not representative of "Morrissey fans" so is it a coincidence that the forum content of this website (seemly a place of free speech) seems to feature these same ideals over and over as well?

Tim Jonze interviewed Morrissey for the article. Therefore, being one of the four main players involved, when he makes a statement about it, it is relevant news.

yeah relevant to a thread and front page news article that already exists and already contains a link to a full article (rather than a tweet) in the guardian on the subject (whose Music editor is Tim Jonze)

Last edited:
I don't think these examples are relevant to the examples I asked for according to the original poster's statement "Morrissey is endlessly attacked by so called fans".

here you are asking for example earlier in the thread:

Let's use real world examples - pick a few posts from the last week or so. Describe in detail what action you would take regarding the posts if you had the choice. Would you edit them or delete them altogether?

yeah relevant to a thread and front page news article that already exists and already contains a link to a full article (rather than a tweet) in the guardian on the subject (whose Music editor is Tim Jonze)

So your bitching amounts to this deserves to be news but not have it's own article. OK then...

You were saying?

Those were posts from a known banned troll account. So since you have admitted to those posts, you must be the same banned user and therefore will be banned also.

Those were posts from a known banned troll account. So since you have admitted to those posts, you must be the same banned user and therefore will be banned also.

Can you say who?

So your bitching amounts to this deserves to be news but not have it's own article. OK then...

no keep up - The tweet should have been added to the already exitsting comments thread about the NME apology (which also contained a link to the Guardian acticle) rather than presented as front page news story in its own right.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom