Interview with Visconti

Oh really? Well, with all due respect, you're not the one being badgered for information here. In fact, you are the one doing the badgering. And you continue to do so even though I've explained to you why you have no right to demand such information from me.

By saying he was being 'diplomatic' I was implying that he was hiding something he supposedly knows which Morrissey is eager to hide? Now who's being assumptive? This is more evidence that you, as you said yourself actually, can't understand what I'm saying. That is the case and it's certainly not my fault. I used 'diplomatic' to mean inoffensive, or to use your phrase - neither flattering nor unflattering. And here is further evidence of your lack of understanding:

"So, you don't think that Visconti lied to please Morrissey"

Is that what I think? I dont ever remember saying that I thought Visconti wouldn't lie so as not to offend Morrissey. Why bother arguing with me when you've decided, rather arrogantly, I think, what my thoughts are? You are opportunistically insinuating that I have said certain things which, coincidently, suit whatever line of attack you have decided to take.

Well, you seem to think! Why else would you be asking me for quotes which contradict what Visconti said, even though I never claimed to have such information? And you're right, what doubts or grievances could you have now that no-one here has given you evidence in contradiction of Viscontis' statement (but you had to make sure, didn't you?).
LOL Oh Sunbags, you seem to be very deluded. I find it quite funny that you seem to believe that I was incredibly worried that, oh, oh, horror, Morrissey might have/have had a luvva! :p and all those people who work for him know it but have to hide it for fear of upseting the mighty Mozfather! :D

It's also strange to see you going on about my alleged 'grievances' about what might or might not be going on in Morrissey's private life. Please tell me what would supposedly 'grieve' me? If I knew Morrissey had a luvva? Hey, if he has one, that's great for him and even better for other person. ;-) And if I knew he was into S&M, that would be great too. :cool: But as it happens, that's not what Visconti said. You are the only one who seems to have a grievance because of what Visconti said. Has it upset you, dissapointed you, or what? You have been banging on about it for so many posts and constantly implying that Visconti is not exactly telling the truth, even though you have no proof of it and you have offered no arguments.

I dont ever remember saying that I thought Visconti wouldn't lie so as not to offend Morrissey.
Then what else have you been implying all along??! If Visconti is simply telling the truth, how can you tell that he's saying it to 'please' Morrissey? Or does that mean that, if he wasn't in Morrissey's favour anymore, Visconti would lie in order to upset him?! You make no sense.

And "being diplomatic" does not mean saying things that are neither flattering nor unflattering. Being diplomatic means carefully weighing your words for fear that you may offend someone or create a controversy. But Visconti was as direct as possible. If he just wanted to be diplomatic, he might sidestepped the question, he might have simply said that he didn't know anything about Morrissey's private life, but he certainly didn't need to add his own opinion that "Morrissey would rather write a song than have sex". Whether it is actually true or not, we don't know and neither does Visconti, as we aren't in Morrissey's head, but that's obviously what Visconti really thinks. Why do you have such a problem with it?

There is absolutely no reason to think that Visconti said this or that because he was trying 'to please Morrissey' - and, for that matter, how do you know that what he said would or wouldn't please Morrissey?? Are you reading his mind? Or do you think that Visconti thought "I should say that Moz prefers music to sex, that would be certain to endear me to Moz and then he'll let me produce his next album"?! If Visconti had said something like "Morrissey is the most wonderful human being I've ever met" or "Morrissey is the greatest singer and lyricist ever", then you might have a reason to speculate whether he was only sucking up to Morrissey. As it is, it's just a statement that is, as you have just admitted, neither flattering nor unflattering.

By the way, you still haven't told me why you think I should have to provide quotes contradicting what Visconti said.
:rolleyes: Because you implied that Visconti is only saying whatever he's saying because he wants to please Morrissey, and, allegedly 'you can always tell people who are still in Morrissey's favour from those who are not anymore'? You never had to provide any quotes, I knew they were none. It was a rhetorical question. I thought that was obvious, but oh well...

There was no reason for this thread to continue for 3 pages. Basically, Visconti said something about Morrissey's private life, and you seem to have a problem with it and keep questioning Visconti's motives for it. Maybe you should finally accept it for what it is and let go?

Last edited:
There was no reason for this thread to continue for 3 pages. Basically, Visconti said something about Morrissey's private life, and you seem to have a problem with it and keep questioning Visconti's motives for it. Maybe you should finally accept it for what it is and let go?

Oh FINALLY, you want to end it!!!! B-bye then.........:D

Back
Top Bottom