Is Morrissey a genius or a crank? - Independent.ie

Morrissey is an honest person, and it's difficult for people to swallow the truth. The press twist the things he has said to fit their personal opinions so that their readers only get one side of the story. And, because most people can't see further than the tip of their nose, they take it all in as fact without considering the reason why he said x,y, and z. Or, when he makes a very controversial statement no one ever tries to bring out the positive. It seems like the first rule in journalism is to only concentrate on the negative aspects of a situation...but, there's always, always, two sides to a story.

I'm glad he says what he really thinks, whether it's good or bad, without feeling the need to pacify the public just because they're angry.

"There's so much destruction all over the world and all you can do is complain about me." Hey Morrissey, "you and I just smile, because we're thinking the same lines.":thumb:

Ah, "genius". The most overused word in the language.

First generation Englishman Morrissey is one of the greatest artists in the history of popular music, even today in reduced circumstances.

Picasso was a genius, Newton was a genius, Michelangelo was a genius. Morrissey is a very fine vaudevillian, in the tradition of George Formby, Max Miller or Arthur Askey.

Hmmm...interseting this. We know Moz likes Wilde don't we eh? One of Wilde's quotes goes something like this "The first rule in life is to be as artificial as possible - The second rule is that nobody knows." Is Moz following what Wilde has said? Hardly anyone knows what he's really like so maybe he's going by the second rule so therefore is following the first aswell? Either way i'm bloody glad that he's the artist that he is and maybe we shouldn't question things and just be thankfull that he exists. Long live Morrissey!

Morrissey is an honest person, and it's difficult for people to swallow the truth. The press twist the things he has said to fit their personal opinions so that their readers only get one side of the story. And, because most people can't see further than the tip of their nose, they take it all in as fact without considering the reason why he said x,y, and z. Or, when he makes a very controversial statement no one ever tries to bring out the positive. It seems like the first rule in journalism is to only concentrate on the negative aspects of a situation...but, there's always, always, two sides to a story.

I'm glad he says what he really thinks, whether it's good or bad, without feeling the need to pacify the public just because they're angry.

Absolutely spot on!! I couldn't have put it better myself.

No ones breaking a leg to stand at his side right now where's his fellow veggie friend chrissie hynde?where's johnny marr surely as the other half of meat is murder he would speak up and support him?old friends? no? no thought not thought and thought that he is alone and all of the damage limitation in the world will never change these days and 3000 years from now his name is going to be spit upon his decline and its as plain as a pikestaff to see was orchestrated by himself and i cant even be bothered to write this with correct punctuation but im sure you get the massage anyway history will out what a stupid man what a bad loser what an idiot fame f***er it will say

No ones breaking a leg to stand at his side right now where's his fellow veggie friend chrissie hynde?where's johnny marr surely as the other half of meat is murder he would speak up and support him?old friends? no? no thought not thought and thought that he is alone and all of the damage limitation in the world will never change these days and 3000 years from now his name is going to be spit upon his decline and its as plain as a pikestaff to see was orchestrated by himself and i cant even be bothered to write this with correct punctuation but im sure you get the massage anyway history will out what a stupid man what a bad loser what an idiot fame f***er it will say

I like

2 issues:

1 - I no longer believe the press "twist his words." People have witnessed his words and his lame attempts to explain himself after he's called out usually reveal he's a butthead.

2 - He's not honest. He openly admits he lies. Or is that a lie too? Oops. Can't have it both ways.

Last point: the public is angry because of WHAT HE SAID! His fault. He does have the option to keep his big mouth shut on occasion, you know. That's not censorship; it's called tact.

The horror for me isn't necessarily what he said but that so many of you turn a blind ear to the fact that he said it and instead bend yourselves up like pretzels excusing him for being tasteless and insensitive.

Profound to put us all to a standstill in its truth.

Profound to put us all to a standstill in its truth.

David you must be proud you have let the truth go uncencored in such a cencored false world of media hype and type.You are a pioneer, and sad as it may be ,to see some comments never the less truth will always out,thankyou for not letting this site become a swamp for sycophants but for free speech.

david you must be proud you have let the truth go uncencored in such a cencored false world of media hype and type.you are a pioneer, and sad as it may be ,to see some comments never the less truth will always out,thankyou for not letting this site become a swamp for sycophants but for free speech.

^^^^^^^^ yes sir!

When people talk about "genius", I think of names like Alexander Fleming, William Shakespeare, Thomas Edison, Karl Marx and John Kemp Starley... you know: innovators who contributed something of lasting value to the world. What I don't think of is a f***ing pop singer.

When people talk about "genius", I think of names like Alexander Fleming, William Shakespeare, Thomas Edison, Karl Marx and John Kemp Starley... you know: innovators who contributed something of lasting value to the world. What I don't think of is a f***ing pop singer.

Who knows zero of the real/ordinary world he fraudulantly writes about,whilst in the heydayof The Smiths he lived in an oppulant part of London.

Who knows zero of the real/ordinary world he fraudulantly writes about,whilst in the heydayof The Smiths he lived in an oppulant part of London.

... miles from the front-line etc. etc. etc.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom