Karaoke Night

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
So, I've been thinking about this for a while. There was a guy I met who wanted to put on a Smiths/Moz Karaoke night, but he's disappeared off the radar now, so I thought I might do it myself. I have all the officially released Zoom songs, plus quite a few others, and all it would need would be a projector, a screen and a sound system of some sort. Where would be a good place? Manchester? Leeds? London?

Peter

So, I've been thinking about this for a while. There was a guy I met who wanted to put on a Smiths/Moz Karaoke night, but he's disappeared off the radar now, so I thought I might do it myself. I have all the officially released Zoom songs, plus quite a few others, and all it would need would be a projector, a screen and a sound system of some sort. Where would be a good place? Manchester? Leeds? London?

Peter

Dublin.:thumb:

Peter

Manchester. Anywhere they would let you have it on a Saturday night for a change :D The only one I've been to before was at the Smiths convention in Paris years ago. Great night :thumb:

I have tried to Karaoke Moz' stuff before, but can't. He's too low. And when he does sing high enough for me to sing along, I have to shift between my middle register and my head voice in ways that are too weird to sound good.

Peter
Let this happen, I've been PM-ing the Kewpster and we want to sing a duet of 'Interlude' on stage:flowers::thumb:

Jukebox Jury

I have tried to Karaoke Moz' stuff before, but can't. He's too low. And when he does sing high enough for me to sing along, I have to shift between my middle register and my head voice in ways that are too weird to sound good.

I've never tried singing Moz karaoke (although I only indulge in karaoke very occasionally anyway) but that's the problem I have when singing along to him in any situation. I still do when no-one's in the house though- thank God for double glazing, eh? :lbf:

trust me, none of that matters :straightface:
singing Moz is something I was at first shy about, but people always seem to enjoy it when I do it :)
and at least a couple of girls, sort of, hit on me afterwards :blushing:
so even though I cannot sing worth a dang, I aint gonna stop doing it! :D

What Morrissey songs are people's favorites to sing?

our selection at work is still poor(we have only about 10ish Moz/Smiths songs) so I stick with:

First of the Gang to Die
The More You Ignore Me, the Closer I Get
&
Girlfriend in a Coma

but I really want us to get:

Sing Your Life
Speedway
Such a Little Thing Makes Such a Big Difference
&
There Is a Light That Never Goes Out

I gave what I imagine was a stirring rendition of 'The Lazy Sunbathers' in a pub toilet last weekend, having somehow found a willing acquaintance who knew all the words. Terrible acoustics, though. :(

Back
Top Bottom