More Letterman News from TTY

did you read dylan's autobiography? about why he had to leave new york? have you seen the tapes of the uk tour after he went electric, the vitriol, the hatred in their eyes????? Not to mention when he announced himself as christian. If anyone ever attacked me for my own faith (or lack thereof), no matter how close a friend or family, I would immediately turn away from them. I don't blame him for abandoning his fans, they abandoned him. Sure that was decades ago, but if I can't expect Moz and marr to patch things up (and I don't) and can't expect any differently from dylan and his fans.

i don't know about the alicia keys thing, i have not bought a dylan record for a few releases. The starbucks thing pissed me off though.

what do you mean by 'league'? quality wise or????? because if that's what you mean, you are SO wrong!

The simple truth is Dylan has contributed more to popular music than Morrissey, and just about everybody else. Quality is a matter of taste, so it's undebatable. But as far as importance to music, there is no question who comes out on top.

not to mention importance to pop culture, to politics.

I think this may be debatable in Britain, but certainly not in the US and elsewhere

did you read dylan's autobiography? about why he had to leave new york? have you seen the tapes of the uk tour after he went electric, the vitriol, the hatred in their eyes????? Not to mention when he announced himself as christian. If anyone ever attacked me for my own faith (or lack thereof), no matter how close a friend or family, I would immediately turn away from them. I don't blame him for abandoning his fans, they abandoned him. Sure that was decades ago, but if I can't expect Moz and marr to patch things up (and I don't) and can't expect any differently from dylan and his fans.

i don't know about the alicia keys thing, i have not bought a dylan record for a few releases. The starbucks thing pissed me off though.

well, listen to his new albums and you'll see how desperately bad he is.

still, i know, surrounded by people etc his whole career, had to leave NY, people camping outside of his home. one single 13 year old girl waiting by the tour bus- dangerous? annoying?

well, listen to his new albums and you'll see how desperately bad he is.

still, i know, surrounded by people etc his whole career, had to leave NY, people camping outside of his home. one single 13 year old girl waiting by the tour bus- dangerous? annoying?

Nonsense. Time Out of Mind and "Love and Theft" are brilliant albums. Amongst the best he's ever done. But even still, if you don't like the new material, it doesn't lessen the brilliance of Highway 61 Revisited or Blood on the Tracks or Slow Train Coming. I mean, I think Ringleader of the Tormentors is an atrocious album, but it doesn't lessen the brilliance of Vauxhall & I.

And yes, he probably finds a 13 year old girl waiting by his bus annoying.

Back
Top Bottom