Morrissey on BBC 6 Music Live 2017 (Oct. 2, 2017, Maida Vale, London) - reminder / reports

Setlist:

You Have Killed Me / I Wish You Lonely / Spent The Day In Bed / Speedway / Istanbul / Ganglord / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Back On The Chain Gang / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / The Bullfighter Dies / When You Open Your Legs / Jack The Ripper / Home Is A Question Mark / All The Young People Must Fall In Love / My Love, I'd Do Anything for You (not played) / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris (not played)

Setlist provided by @NeilW70 / Twitter.

• BBC 6 Music Live video highlights (10 songs, UK only) - BBC iPlayer. Link posted by Jim_Royle.
  • Photos posted at BBC Radio 6 Music / Facebook (4 total)

40878_maida_vale_bbc6music.jpg

• From @NeilW70 / Twitter. Link posted by BrummieBoy.

Full #morrissey setlist at #maidavale. Looks like three more songs after went off air. Photo credit to @Dr_Paul_Thomas

40877_maida_vale_setlist.jpg
  • Link posted by an anonymous person:

Just a reminder poached from the BBC site for people wanting to watch/hear the show:

How to catch Moz tomorrow:

1) On the BBC website

Visit the BBC Radio 6 Music homepage at bbc.co.uk/6music to keep up-to-date with all the latest highlights from this year's 6 Music Live.

You'll be able to watch the live performances, plus an interview with Lauren, by visiting us from 11:30am each day.

Then, from 7pm each evening, you'll be able to watch each set on-demand, available for the following 30 days.

There'll also be a selection of video highlights and photos from all the acts available via the website.

2) On the BBC Red Button
Press Red from any BBC TV channel from midday each day to watch Morrissey, Mogwai, alt-J, Loyle Carner and Morrissey's sets live.

The performances will then be looped on Red Button, before a highlights programme goes live at 7pm.

There'll also be a special programme featuring the best bits from all the acts, available via the Red Button from Saturday 7 to Friday 13 October.

FULL RED BUTTON SCHEDULE (subject to change)

Monday 2 October: 12:00 - 16:15 / 19:00 - ongoing
Tuesday 3 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - 22:00 / 22:50 - ongoing
Wednesday 4 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - 15:45 / 19:00 - ongoing
Thursday 5 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - ongoing
Friday 6 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - ongoing
Saturday 7 October: ongoing - 17:50 / 22:00 - ongoing
Sunday 8 October: ongoing - 12:20 / 16:30 - 17:50 / 23:40 - ongoing
Monday 9 October: ongoing - 09:00 / 21:05 - ongoing
Tuesday 10 October: ongoing - 09:00 / 17:00 - 22:00 / 22:50 - ongoing
Wednesday 11 October: ongoing - 18:00 / 23:00 - ongoing
Thursday 12 October: ongoing - ongoing
Friday 13 October: ongoing - 22:00

3) On the Radio
Lauren Laverne will be taking her 6 Music show to Maida Vale, 10:00-13:00, each morning, featuring special editions of Memory Tapes, interviews with all the artists, and more build-up, before the live performance from 12:00.
Listen live, or on-demand for 30 days after broadcast, by following the links below:
4) On Facebook

Keep an eye on our 6 Music Facebook page every day from 10:30am to see Lauren in conversation with some of our acts and guests. They'll also pick the tracks to go on their Memory Tapes.

5) On Instagram

We'll be backstage on Instagram Stories, showcasing all the best photos from each performance.

6) On Twitter

Follow the conversation and share reactions on Twitter, and see some of the best moments from each session

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he is showing real consistency with the Islamophobia.
I don't want to start an argument, but I wonder why being anti-Islam is considered to be such a bad thing. I guess what I'm saying is that you can be pro-people but anti-[any ideology here]. Like anti-Christian or anti-KKK or whatever. I would not call myself Islamaphobic, but I think I can be at least sympathetic to someone who is literally phobic (scared) of Islam (the religion, not the practitioners of it). It--along with lots of religions--is carried out or implemented in a rather scary way, especially if you're a female. Would you agree? (If not, thats fine with me :) just curious.)

Morrissey fans are about to give up on him – Johnny Marr, please stage an intervention

Stuart Heritage
Morrissey’s latest outburst – a conspiracy theory about anti-Muslim politician Anne Marie Waters – ought to be the final straw for right-thinking fans of his music

'We probably should have seen it coming. By yammering on about Ukip, Morrissey ensured that he made the news again. If he hadn’t, what would have been the take-home reaction to the concert?Actor who plays Game of Thrones’ Samwell Tarly seen at a gig”? “More bad new songs from Morrissey”? Probably.

Instead, here’s another firestorm that Morrissey can propel himself along with, like when he called the Brexit result “magnificent” or when he said: “I like Nigel Farage a great deal,” or when he called Chinese people a “subspecies”. These outbursts are becoming so routine and so desperate that Morrissey is seemingly only a couple of bad decisions away from turning up to the Conservative party conference in a wedding dress.'

' the lunk-headed ravings of a professional irritant like Morrissey.'

https://www.theguardian.com/music/c...-him-johnny-marr-please-stage-an-intervention

Last edited:
Morrissey fans are about to give up on him – Johnny Marr, please stage an intervention

Stuart Heritage
Morrissey’s latest outburst – a conspiracy theory about anti-Muslim politician Anne Marie Waters – ought to be the final straw for right-thinking fans of his music

'We probably should have seen it coming. By yammering on about Ukip, Morrissey ensured that he made the news again. If he hadn’t, what would have been the take-home reaction to the concert?Actor who plays Game of Thrones’ Samwell Tarly seen at a gig”? “More bad new songs from Morrissey”? Probably.

Instead, here’s another firestorm that Morrissey can propel himself along with, like when he called the Brexit result “magnificent” or when he said: “I like Nigel Farage a great deal,” or when he called Chinese people a “subspecies”. These outbursts are becoming so routine and so desperate that Morrissey is seemingly only a couple of bad decisions away from turning up to the Conservative party conference in a wedding dress.'

https://www.theguardian.com/music/c...-him-johnny-marr-please-stage-an-intervention

I haven't listened to the performance yet, but from reading all of the posts I feel...."I'm a lucky fella.....Because love grows where my Morrissey goes!!!!!"

Stuart Heritage

Yawn...

That new guitarist sure does look like Boz...but it can't actually be Boz, because AuntyPeter said that Boz had left the band. Fact! Fact! Fact!

And Peter is never wrong about anything. Ever. Fact!

Because he is very clever. Fact!

I'm so confused. I don't know what to think anymore. Does being confused by Peter mean that I am now a racist? I once looked at an attractive woman on a bus and had impure thoughts...does that make me a racist? Also, I once nicked a Mars Bar from the local shop. I was 12. Does that make me a racist? Oh the guilt.

Of the new songs? Hmm I quite like the 'Jacky' one. 'Bed' sounded better live than recorded...but isn't that always the case? 'All the young...' could be a grower...Moz's very own 'Hey Jude'. Great fun!

I do think that Moz should just accept the thinning of time and stop attempting to tease the few strands remaining into a wonky quiff. It only collapses by the end of the first chorus anyway. Come on, Moz! Go for the 'Alma Matters' bovver boy crew cut...it looked mighty fine!

QQQ and KS...post more! You make me chuckle in these dark, dark times.

That new guitarist sure does look like Boz...but it can't actually be Boz, because AuntyPeter said that Boz had left the band. Fact! Fact! Fact!

And Peter is never wrong about anything. Ever. Fact!

Because he is very clever. Fact!

I'm so confused. I don't know what to think anymore. Does being confused by Peter mean that I am now a racist? I once looked at an attractive woman on a bus and had impure thoughts...does that make me a racist? Also, I once nicked a Mars Bar from the local shop. I was 12. Does that make me a racist? Oh the guilt.

Of the new songs? Hmm I quite like the 'Jacky' one. 'Bed' sounded better live than recorded...but isn't that always the case? 'All the young...' could be a grower...Moz's very own 'Hey Jude'. Great fun!

I do think that Moz should just accept the thinning of time and stop attempting to tease the few strands remaining into a wonky quiff. It only collapses by the end of the first chorus anyway. Come on, Moz! Go for the 'Alma Matters' bovver boy crew cut...it looked mighty fine!

QQQ and KS...post more! You make me chuckle in these dark, dark times.

plus 1 all the way. maybe the wife is Muslim, there has to be something to account for the hysterics....QED LOL, i dribble therefore I am.
i always thought the real Boz could at least strum an acoustic guitar, unlike the dude yesterday.

Yes QQQ and KS why hesitate? LOOL

Stuart Heritage

Imagine being so removed from reality like Stuart Heritage is that someone calling Brexit "magnificent" (17 million other people thought so too) and 'liking Nigel Farage a great deal' (four million people voted for his party in 2015 when he was the leader) are considered to be "outbursts".

The latest contrived "outburst" gave Morrissey some anti-establishment publicity, which he sought, and gave Stuart Heritage something to write about, so it's a bit of a symbiotic relationship at this stage.

I don't want to start an argument, but I wonder why being anti-Islam is considered to be such a bad thing. I guess what I'm saying is that you can be pro-people but anti-[any ideology here]. Like anti-Christian or anti-KKK or whatever. I would not call myself Islamaphobic, but I think I can be at least sympathetic to someone who is literally phobic (scared) of Islam (the religion, not the practitioners of it). It--along with lots of religions--is carried out or implemented in a rather scary way, especially if you're a female. Would you agree? (If not, thats fine with me :) just curious.)

Very well said. So many sensitive Morrissey fans - I guess his entire career flew right over their heads. British culture is eroding - it's unfortunate. Multiculturalism is a contradiction to those that evangelize it: pointing out differences in all while propping up unity and equality. All cultures are not equal. Especially the ones that have no regard for basic human rights. The sensitive Islam apologists will easily target Christians because Christians won't stab, behead or blow them up. What a bunch of f%cking cowards in their defense and sensitivity around Islam... They'll display their perceived, yet misguided "virtue" by calling anyone that questions the dangers of Islamic culture "Islamaphobic." Defending Islam? Defending an ugly, bigoted, misogynous culture? Yeah. Great work, morons. May you get what your ignorance delivers, England.

Last edited:
Well, I AM NOT giving up on him and seeing fans accounts on instagram and twitter with hundres and some with thousands fans , they're not giving up on him either

If you don't live in the UK, you don't get it.

BBC has a digital TV streaming called "red button" only available within the UK.
BBC America airs Jools every Friday. And there's this thing called Youtube nowadays that is useful to get around regional boundaries.

EDIT: Oops. Wrong thread. But I was able to stream the entire performance yesterday from BBC's site. Basically, if you can't watch, wait, and you will within the day.

I suppose that can only be down to Boz and the band.

There’s a YouTube clip of Johnny Marr performing How Soon Is Now? on one of the US late night talk shows. It absolutely shimmers.

When Morrissey’s band plays it you suspect they would really prefer to take it out in the car park and kick it to death.

Edit:

Awesome playing, streets above boz et al

People who are Islamophobic are not afraid of the religion, they are afraid of the practitioners of it! That's why IKIP and Trump (whom Morrissey claims to detest but who Morrissey agrees with on all things immigration) want to stop Islamic immigration. This is a bad thing because it has a devastating effect on real people's lives. The U.S. is stopping taking almost all Syrian refugees because of Islamophobia.

Do you know any Muslims? Are they scary? I have known plenty of Muslims and there wasn't any reason to be afraid of them! Just because there are Muslim fanatics doesn't mean we should punish millions of good, kind and innocent people.

BTW, in the U.S., we have just had a white man murder and injure hundreds of people, and we have had a number of such mass shootings by white men. Should I be afraid of white men? Should we limit white male immigrants?

Morrissey is dead wrong in his support for UKIP. That someone with his insight and sensitivity could be so wrong about something so important is very disappointing. It's not cute or calculated. It's guided by fear and ignorance, and he should know better.

Last edited:
People who are Islamophobic are not afraid of the religion, they are afraid of the practitioners of it! That's why IKIP and Trump (whom Morrissey claims to detest but who Morrissey agrees with on all things immigration) want to stop Islamic immigration. This is a bad thing because it has a devastating effect on real people's lives. The U.S. is stopping taking almost all Syrian refugees because of Islamophobia.

Do you know any Muslims? Are they scary? I have known plenty of Muslims and there wasn't any reason to be afraid of them! Just because there are Muslim fanatics doesn't mean we should punish millions of good, kind and innocent people.

BTW, in the U.S., we have just had a white man murder and injure hundreds of people, and we have had a number of such mass shootings by white men. Should I be afraid of white men? Should we limit white male immigrants?

Morrissey is dead wrong in his support for IKIP. That someone with his insight and sensitivity could be so wrong about something so important is very disappointing. It's not cute or calculated. It's guided by fear and ignorance, and he should know better.

The London Tube bombers were born and raised here, so a ban on 'Muslim immigration' would have had f*** all effect, and those calling for it are uneducated buffoons.

Morrissey is dead wrong in his support for IKIP. That someone with his insight and sensitivity could be so wrong about something so important is very disappointing. It's not cute or calculated. It's guided by fear and ignorance, and he should know better.
You make a good point. Thanks for your reply.

Tags
low in high school info
Back
Top Bottom