Morrissey Central "New Recording." (February 20, 2023)

WITHOUT MUSIC THE WORLD DIES has been recorded in France. The 10-track album has been described by Jesse Tobias as "a lightning strike."

This is the 5th Morrissey album produced by Joe Chiccarelli.
The songs are:

The Night Pop Dropped
Zoom Zoom The Little Boy
Boulevard
Headache
Without Music the World Dies

Suspicious Minds
Notre-Dame
Many Icebergs Ago
Happy New Tears
The Monsters of Pig Alley

1 and 2 co-written with Jesse Tobias
3, 7, 9, 10 co-written with Alain Whyte
4, 5, 8 co-written with Gustavo Manzur
6 written by Mark Adams
Engineered by Bill Mimms.
Recorded at La Fabrique Studios in St-Remy, France.
Jesse Tobias guitars
Alain Whyte guitars and backing vocals
Gustavo Manzur keyboards and backing vocals
Juan Galeano bass
Brendan Buckley drums

Capitol Records Los Angeles recently terminated their contract with Morrissey, therefore if any record label or private investor has interest in releasing this project, please contact Donnie Knutson at

[email protected]

Attack-min.png

Details of the newly completed album 'Without Music the World Dies', plus news that Capitol Records has terminated their contract with Morrissey.

I am talking about the songs being written here by posters vs songs Morrissey has already released. I have not heard unreleased material but if I had access to it, and I never would anyway, but if I did I would share.
Ah, I see. Thank you for your response!

If the contract was as it seems, and Capitol even own the songs now... I'm not sure how he singed such a terrible contract in the first place. Shouldn't there be a clause that says something akin to "if the record isn't released in X amount of time, Capitol will lose the licensing rights, which will revert back to the artist"? Who oversees these stuff for him?

Also, I'm not sure what he means with “I don’t have any need to be innovative in that way. I am still stuck in the dream of an album that sells well not because of marketing, but because people like the songs." What's that to do with self releasing?

At the same time if the record company pays Morrissey upfront... you would think they would want to release it soon... but isn't it up to them as the license holder?

It was viewed as innovative at the time when Radiohead self-released. Of course, it was a long time ago now and I don't think that view applies.

This one is better - gives the interview word for word.

From the interview...

Pitchfork: You've said that your new album is completely written but you won't record it without a record label. At this point in your career, do you expect labels to come to you or are you shopping around for one?

Morrissey: There's not much I can do about it. Once it becomes public that you aren't signed, you assume that anyone who wants you will come and get you.

And now he's done it twice. I wonder what's changed in his perspective? Yet the idea of self-releasing apparently is still not an option.

Pig Alley is a fecking dive in Paris .
There was a film called The Musketeers Of Pig Alley .pretty good old old film . Id love to think he was having a dig a certain someone. Because that guy can be such a c***y balls

Looking forward to this lp but I'm still looking forward to the last one .lol 😂😆😆😂

From the interview...

Pitchfork: You've said that your new album is completely written but you won't record it without a record label. At this point in your career, do you expect labels to come to you or are you shopping around for one?

Morrissey: There's not much I can do about it. Once it becomes public that you aren't signed, you assume that anyone who wants you will come and get you.

And now he's done it twice. I wonder what's changed in his perspective? Yet the idea of self-releasing apparently is still not an option.
Isn't it three times he has been without a label ?

WITHOUT MUSIC THE WORLD DIES has been recorded in France. The 10-track album has been described by Jesse Tobias as "a lightning strike."

This is the 5th Morrissey album produced by Joe Chiccarelli.
The songs are:

The Night Pop Dropped
Zoom Zoom The Little Boy
Boulevard
Headache
Without Music the World Dies

Suspicious Minds
Notre-Dame
Many Icebergs Ago
Happy New Tears
The Monsters of Pig Alley

1 and 2 co-written with Jesse Tobias
3, 7, 9, 10 co-written with Alain Whyte
4, 5, 8 co-written with Gustavo Manzur
6 written by Mark Adams
Engineered by Bill Mimms.
Recorded at La Fabrique Studios in St-Remy, France.
Jesse Tobias guitars
Alain Whyte guitars and backing vocals
Gustavo Manzur keyboards and backing vocals
Juan Galeano bass
Brendan Buckley drums

Capitol Records Los Angeles recently terminated their contract with Morrissey, therefore if any record label or private investor has interest in releasing this project, please contact Donnie Knutson at

[email protected]

View attachment 88987

Details of the newly completed album 'Without Music the World Dies', plus news that Capitol Records has terminated their contract with Morrissey.
That bit about private investors sounds so needy and arse selling . He is making it worse for himself by not self releasing- image wise
Maybe he needs the validation of a label .
We just want to hear the fecking music

The question remains if he pays for these recordings himself.
If so, it would be step closer to self releasing albums.

I don’t think we have any information that points to the fact, that like BoT and I believe World Peace, that he didn’t pay for these studio sessions.

It seems he paid for them and is publicly asking for someone to reimburse him and release the recordings that he once again has paid for.

I don’t think we have any information that points to the fact, that like BoT and I believe World Peace, that he didn’t pay for these studio sessions.

It seems he paid for them and is publicly asking for someone to reimburse him and release the recordings that he once again has paid for.
I find that really hard to believe.
Nothing as of yet has convinced me that he actively sought to bring in Andrew Watt, Iggy/Miley and half of the Chili Peppers to record Bonfire.
Everything about that points to it being suggested to Moz who then approved.

Nothing as of yet has convinced me that he actively sought to bring in Andrew Watt, Iggy/Miley and half of the Chili Peppers to record Bonfire.
Who else would have paid for it? He doesn’t have a label. Are you suggesting he’s got a secret beneficiary?

There could be a number of explanations.
But those aren't the names I would think Moz would approach if he were to record an album himself.
Just like the names of the guests on California Son.
LP, Ed Droste, Billie Joe et al, so clearly brought to him rather than chosen by him.

There could be a number of explanations.
But those aren't the names I would think Moz would approach if he were to record an album himself.
Just like the names of the guests on California Son.
LP, Ed Droste, Billie Joe et al, so clearly brought to him rather than chosen by him.
I’m not saying he handpicked these people himself. What I and others are saying is that he himself paid for the recording of the albums. Because who else would if he wasn’t on a label?

Well, that makes no sense to me. Surely if he paid for these sessions he would have chosen who to invite for them? Quite a cast, too.
No, I don't for a moment believe that.

Well, that makes no sense to me. Surely if he paid for these sessions he would have chosen who to invite for them? Quite a cast, too.
No, I don't for a moment believe that.
Who on earth would have paid for these sessions? Do you have any realistic suggestions? And of course he chose them. No one appears on a Moz album unless Moz approves. I’m just saying it’s a possibility that these people were recommended to him.

Who on earth would have paid for these sessions? Do you have any realistic suggestions? And of course he chose them. No one appears on a Moz album unless Moz approves. I’m just saying it’s a possibility that these people were recommended to him.
Yes, that's what I am saying, someone suggested them to him, and he approved.
Whoever it was that suggested them, may also have made these sessions happen.

The mist plausible scenario (to me) is that Morrissey wanted to record an album but found himself severely limited by these COVID restrictions. Jesse, with his RHCP connections must have suggested Robert Watt as producer. There was the added benefit that Watt’s studio is very close to the hotel where Morrissey lives. Robert Watt has worked with Miley Cyrus, so he probably suggested her when he felt that the Veronica song would be better off with a female backing vocal and Miley is aMorrissey fan. Iggy Pop is a friend of Morrissey.

At the time of recording, Morrissey was without a record contract, so he paid for the recording himself, probably with the hope that an interested record company would reimburse these costs incuurred. He is in an identical situation now, so he has also financed the recording of WMTWD. As long as he can eventually release his music and recover the costs, I expect he’ll keep doing it this way.

Tags
without music the world dies
Back
Top Bottom