Morrissey Central "New Recording." (February 20, 2023)

WITHOUT MUSIC THE WORLD DIES has been recorded in France. The 10-track album has been described by Jesse Tobias as "a lightning strike."

This is the 5th Morrissey album produced by Joe Chiccarelli.
The songs are:

The Night Pop Dropped
Zoom Zoom The Little Boy
Boulevard
Headache
Without Music the World Dies

Suspicious Minds
Notre-Dame
Many Icebergs Ago
Happy New Tears
The Monsters of Pig Alley

1 and 2 co-written with Jesse Tobias
3, 7, 9, 10 co-written with Alain Whyte
4, 5, 8 co-written with Gustavo Manzur
6 written by Mark Adams
Engineered by Bill Mimms.
Recorded at La Fabrique Studios in St-Remy, France.
Jesse Tobias guitars
Alain Whyte guitars and backing vocals
Gustavo Manzur keyboards and backing vocals
Juan Galeano bass
Brendan Buckley drums

Capitol Records Los Angeles recently terminated their contract with Morrissey, therefore if any record label or private investor has interest in releasing this project, please contact Donnie Knutson at

[email protected]

Attack-min.png

Details of the newly completed album 'Without Music the World Dies', plus news that Capitol Records has terminated their contract with Morrissey.

The mist plausible scenario (to me) is that Morrissey wanted to record an album but found himself severely limited by these COVID restrictions. Jesse, with his RHCP connections must have suggested Robert Watt as producer. There was the added benefit that Watt’s studio is very close to the hotel where Morrissey lives. Robert Watt has worked with Miley Cyrus, so he probably suggested her when he felt that the Veronica song would be better off with a female backing vocal and Miley is aMorrissey fan. Iggy Pop is a friend of Morrissey.

At the time of recording, Morrissey was without a record contract, so he paid for the recording himself, probably with the hope that an interested record company would reimburse these costs incuurred. He is in an identical situation now, so he has also financed the recording of WMTWD. As long as he can eventually release his music and recover the costs, I expect he’ll keep doing it this way.
This makes perfect sense for BOT. On California Son, he was still under contract with BMG... so I don't know if he paid for those recordings (though he might have).

The mist plausible scenario (to me) is that Morrissey wanted to record an album but found himself severely limited by these COVID restrictions. Jesse, with his RHCP connections must have suggested Robert Watt as producer. There was the added benefit that Watt’s studio is very close to the hotel where Morrissey lives. Robert Watt has worked with Miley Cyrus, so he probably suggested her when he felt that the Veronica song would be better off with a female backing vocal and Miley is aMorrissey fan. Iggy Pop is a friend of Morrissey.

At the time of recording, Morrissey was without a record contract, so he paid for the recording himself, probably with the hope that an interested record company would reimburse these costs incuurred. He is in an identical situation now, so he has also financed the recording of WMTWD. As long as he can eventually release his music and recover the costs, I expect he’ll keep doing it this way.
First Mark "Adams" and now "Robert" Watt.

If Miley is the showstopper for BOT that would really be tragic. Go to any local church you'll find a better backing singer in the choir. But does she have no clout to tell her label to allow this or else? These manmade business obstacles really don't need to exist.

bit off topic,well done eh tic,hail hail .

A google search for Suspicious Minds and Mark Adams links to this thread as its first result... must be a typo for sure. It's got to be an Elvis cover.

What could this mean for Bonfire?
Just means back to square one trying to find a way to distribute it.

Just means back to square one trying to find a way to distribute it.
I really hope you're right and that Moz has the rights to it now again.

The whole thing is so bizarre. Capitol's complete silence wtf. And now the news that Capitol has terminated the contract? No one gets to terminate a contract just because they feel like it. Both parties that signed it have to agree to terminate it, or one party can terminate it for a motive stipulated in the contract in the first place, unless it stipulates one or any party might terminate it for any reason.
One would hope there was a negotiation to terminate the contract and that this means Morrissey has the rights to the album and can distribute it elsewhere.

At the same time if the record company pays Morrissey upfront... you would think they would want to release it soon... but isn't it up to them as the license holder?
I guess it depends on what the contract said.
That bit about private investors sounds so needy and arse selling . He is making it worse for himself by not self releasing- image wise
Maybe he needs the validation of a label .
We just want to hear the fecking music
If he needs the validation of a label, why the bit about private investors?
The question remains if he pays for these recordings himself.
If so, it would be step closer to self releasing albums.

He must have paid for them himself, I don't imagine who else could have paid for them. I agree it could mean he's closer to self releasing. He probably doesn't want to deal with the logistics of it I imagine.

Miley is aMorrissey fan.
...Possible, but I think Miley prefers Billy Idol. :brows: And it's mutual.:brows:

But enough gossip about private stuff that's none of our business.
Let's talk career: I think Morrissey is in dire need of...Stratagem.

Start/ Turn up/Ready...you know the rest.(no actually, if you're his manager, chances are you don't :rolleyes:).

...Possible, but I think Miley prefers Billy Idol. :brows: And it's mutual.:brows:

Start/ Turn up/Ready...you know the rest.(no actually, if you're his manager, chances are you don't :rolleyes:).
He postponed the last time I bought a ticket, and it made me so mad that he left it to his manager to apologize for him, that I got a refund rather than wait for the new date, but I see now, that that is Morrissey, and if he does it again, I will hang on to my ticket for the new date. His cancellations have been part of his internal integrity somehow, though frustrating to his concert going fans. If he does it to me again, I doubt I'll even get angry about it at this point. Take it or leave it, it's how he is.

Start/ Turn up/Ready...you know the rest.(no actually, if you're his manager, chances are you don't :rolleyes:

ok, I'll do it. but if he doesn't listen to me, I'll go on strike.

Besides the release of another new record...what dramatic events will surround it? What will it be this time Morrissey? Group breakups, Dog bitten, provocative record jacket, joyous commentary on meat, Chinese,fur clothing, strip searched in S.F., lengthy Italian get-away, b.n.p. infatuations, flying water bottles, contract snafu, stripper girls, fired by yet another record co....ahhh your new opening cover song Morrissey, "Nothing Bad Ever Happens To Me."😃we still kinda like you though....

Besides the release of another new record...what dramatic events will surround it? What will it be this time Morrissey? Group breakups, Dog bitten, provocative record jacket, joyous commentary on meat, Chinese,fur clothing, strip searched in S.F., lengthy Italian get-away, b.n.p. infatuations, flying water bottles, contract snafu, stripper girls, fired by yet another record co....ahhh your new opening cover song Morrissey, "Nothing Bad Ever Happens To Me."😃we still kinda like you though...
What the f*** are you on about

Hmmm...guess Boz retired at just the right time... Or did someone already say that one?🙋

"The Death of an Alt-Music Singer." Well..it happens a lot round here. First you get cancelled, then disappear ...it's the very end of you my dear.
The death of an Alt-Music Singer. Well I'd rather not get involved. I never post much here anymore ..would rather be keel hauled...

Tags
without music the world dies
Back
Top Bottom