Next Morrissey single

I haven't seen anything about.
I really don't know if YoR will have another single.. It has 4 yet

Welcome to the forums. :)
We are not yet sure if there will be another single from YoR. It was once rumored that 'Black Cloud' was going to be a single, but user Stephane dispelled these rumors, saying plans for that fell through quite awhile ago. I really hope there will be one, but with Tour of Refusal over now and 'Swords' coming out on October 27th, it doesn't look too likely. But we must always retain hope.. :thumb:

Next single will be a new song promoting Swords :thumb: (at least I hope so ;))

But seeing as most gigs are already sold out..... who is really going to 'buy Swords' on the strength of this tour?
How many of Swords songs are going to be performed? Not many I reckon (but happy to be proved wrong in October / November).

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
But seeing as most gigs are already sold out..... who is really going to 'buy Swords' on the strength of this tour?
How many of Swords songs are going to be performed? Not many I reckon (but happy to be proved wrong in October / November).

Jukebox Jury

I thought Swords was a "stop-gap" release, isn't it B-sides only? No new songs? Looking forward to it anyway.

I doubt Polydor will release another single off Refusal....but who knows.

I think we just have to wait & see what the October/November setlist consists of....

I know our luck too well. Its gonna be a double a-side That's How People Grow Up/All You Need is Me.

For god's sakes Moz has already announced Swords will be B sides of the last 3 albums. Where are you guys getting the idea it will have new songs and that these B sides will feature on a tour that has already finished? Moz Just rereleased SP and Mal and unfortunately not one of those songs appeared on the YOR tour to promote it. And whoever came up with the genius idea that one of these B sides is going to be the next single.... that's a good one :D :crazy:

Last edited:
For god's sakes Moz has already announced Swords will be B sides of the last 3 albums. Where are you guys getting the idea it will have new songs and that these B sides will feature on a tour that has already finished? Moz Just rereleased SP and Mal and unfortunately not one of those songs appeared on the YOR tour to promote it. And whoever came up with the genius idea that one of these B sides is going to be the next single.... that's a good one :D :crazy:

I think some people are still unjaded enough to believe that if they want something badly enough... :)

And whoever came up with the genius idea that one of these B sides is going to be the next single.... that's a good one :D :crazy:

I would be quite shocked if there wasn't even a radio-only (I do agree that a new song, with b-sides, on full release is pretty unlikely) promo single to let people know the album is out.
Morrissey is not quite the market force that an collection of b-sides can be released and the record company can expect it to just sell.

A little stressy but other than that I'm with this guy. I'd be very surprised if the record contained any new songs - unless there were B-sides planned for 'Black Cloud' and they decide to stick them on there anyway. And the idea of a song from Swords being released as a single is pretty mental too! But damn, this year Moz has been hellbent on ripping the fans off even more than usual so who knows maybe it will be a double A-side of THPGU and AYNIM, but mixed slightly differently with sleeve notes from the man himself. I bet some people round here would defend it and buy it yet again then! :lbf:

Some people are getting a little bit too wound up about the release of Swords. Granted, most people on here will have all the songs that are on it. But this site does not represent the majority of potential Morrissey-buyers. A few posters, a few advertisements, a few good reviews, a couple of TV appearances and a few live dates and the record will sell pretty well.

Record companies aren't entirely naive, I doubt they are expecting record-breaking sales.

It's a collection of good songs for (the majority of) fans who will not have them.

Let this be the end of the Swords debate and the "Morrissey is after all my money" argument.

Some people are getting a little bit too wound up about the release of Swords. Granted, most people on here will have all the songs that are on it.

I won't - I don't buy singles and don't download music either. A bit of a cave(wo)man, really. So I'm one of the few who are looking forward to Swords.

Some people are getting a little bit too wound up about the release of Swords. Granted, most people on here will have all the songs that are on it. But this site does not represent the majority of potential Morrissey-buyers. A few posters, a few advertisements, a few good reviews, a couple of TV appearances and a few live dates and the record will sell pretty well.

Record companies aren't entirely naive, I doubt they are expecting record-breaking sales. It's a collection of good songs for (the majority of) fans who will not have them. Let this be the end of the Swords debate and the "Morrissey is after all my money" argument.

If there is no single, the record will probably do roughly as well as the other non-singles solo compilations i.e. enter the (UK) album chart somewhere between 20 and 40, survive for three weeks and go on to sell around 20,000.
However, if there is decent single (and for those who think this is bonkers, remember How Soon is Now was initially a b-side), it would do much better...

If there is no single, the record will probably do roughly as well as the other non-singles solo compilations i.e. enter the (UK) album chart somewhere between 20 and 40, survive for three weeks and go on to sell around 20,000.
However, if there is decent single (and for those who think this is bonkers, remember How Soon is Now was initially a b-side), it would do much better...

I'll buy Swords and eat it if one of the B sides is released as a single :lbf:

I don't need another single from YOR anyway as I doubt it'll have new B sides. If they had recorded any new B sides they would have been on Skull.

I would be quite shocked if there wasn't even a radio-only (I do agree that a new song, with b-sides, on full release is pretty unlikely) promo single to let people know the album is out.
Morrissey is not quite the market force that an collection of b-sides can be released and the record company can expect it to just sell.

I get your point but there was no promo single for Rare Tracks or My Early Burglary Years and people bought those easily enough back then and his fan base is even bigger now no?

Back
Top Bottom